EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

First game in weeks. Ran into an Edgar who threw 480 strikes

In a three round fight

I know you are exaggerating, but if you slipped anywhere close to 75 strikes in a round your opponent would have no stamina left. Slipping strikes and working the body still make your opponent gas, though the body work definitely takes a while to pay off and can be frustrating, and you can definitely throw too many combos in a round without getting tired most of the time so I see what you're saying, but if you're successfully slipping without just mashing the head movement stick, your opponent will gas every time..
Yeah obviously exaggerating a bit but still. They throw 150 strikes a round land 30and still dont gas. I feel like its a little better lately but the hook spam is still real.

Anyone have trouble dealing with Wonderboy players? They literally spam kicks and quick 1-2s and when you try to close the distance there's no point due to Wonderboy's 90 something movement.

And when you do close the distance you're thwarted by Wonderboy's speed and accuracy lol
Sounds like real life Wonderboy to me.
I’ve not played in a while, but have met a few great players that kill with Wonderboy. Skill, not OP - in my opinion.

FRAT: git gud

Anyone have trouble dealing with Wonderboy players? They literally spam kicks and quick 1-2s and when you try to close the distance there's no point due to Wonderboy's 90 something movement.

And when you do close the distance you're thwarted by Wonderboy's speed and accuracy lol

He is one of my favorite guys to use, I just love the footwork, straight punches, and spin kicks.

However, he is pretty useless on the ground. If your opponent is spamming kicks, thats an easy takedown. Also his hands aren't very powerful so if you can force some boxing exchanges you can do well there

He is one of my favorite guys to use, I just love the footwork, straight punches, and spin kicks.

However, he is pretty useless on the ground. If your opponent is spamming kicks, thats an easy takedown. Also his hands aren't very powerful so if you can force some boxing exchanges you can do well there

Lol its funny I just learned how grapple advantage works and I've been taking Woodleys and GSP's down at will with Thompson but fuck grappling in this game is the worst I've ever played in any mma game in my life as a fan of fighting it's actually quite insulting how bad it is.

EA can't do anything right tho worst game makers on earth

The recent update has changed things again. I keep getting finished by lumging jabs. I am ok with it because people are atleast losing stamina before i get finished.

The recent update has changed things again. I keep getting finished by lumging jabs. I am ok with it because people are atleast losing stamina before i get finished.

I haven't gotten to play much but I really love what I have heard about the new update. Especially the increased stamina penalty for missed strikes. It used to be you had to slip or evade to trigger a stamina penalty which is what lead to people throwing 300 strikes in a round and not gassing lol. Now if people swing combos at air, they will get tired. Body work is also more feasible since 1 landed uppercut while you are hitting the body won't be a death sentence anymore, and body kicks are faster now so hopefully people can't just catch 90% of them.

• increase long term stamina tax on strike wiff by 50%
  • increase to max damage done on a landed strike to the head
  • slight reduction to vulnerability while swaying, lunging and throwing body strikes
  • increased vulnerability on the oblique kick to the leg
  • slight reduction in long term stamina taken away from your opponent when landing a body strike
  • slight slow down of punch to roundhouse combos to match the jab-roundhouse combo speed
  • 4 frame speed up of the body roundhouse kicks
  • 2 frame speed up of the switch kick to the body
  • slow down the GA buildup in SUB sprawl
  • increase stopping power of the push

I haven't gotten to play much but I really love what I have heard about the new update. Especially the increased stamina penalty for missed strikes. It used to be you had to slip or evade to trigger a stamina penalty which is what lead to people throwing 300 strikes in a round and not gassing lol. Now if people swing combos at air, they will get tired. Body work is also more feasible since 1 landed uppercut while you are hitting the body won't be a death sentence anymore, and body kicks are faster now so hopefully people can't just catch 90% of them.

• slight reduction to vulnerability while swaying, lunging and throwing body strikes
  • slight reduction in long term stamina taken away from your opponent when landing a body strike
  • slight slow down of punch to roundhouse combos to match the jab-roundhouse combo speed

I am losing as I adjust, but I really like it. I am getting finished when I push my combos too far.
The over hand spams by particular fighters are stil there, but when I get finished I feel like it's my own fault.

It's been sooo satisfying to fight conservatively, use a lot of head movement and body shots in the first round and then just beat the shit out of them and finish them any way I want once their stamina is completely drained

What are the chances for Pride mode? Have the developers talked about it yet? Anyone have any clue, guess?

What are the chances for Pride mode? Have the developers talked about it yet? Anyone have any clue, guess?
Probably about as likely as another NFL 2K game coming out.

Though I would have said the same thing about Tito being patched into a UFC game in 2018 so I guess it isn't unpossible.

Lol this is ea don't expect anything good from them, or maybe we'll get it in the 10th trickle down installment of the game. One thing I do know though, is we got the shitty end of the stick with ea making it.

Anyone who played these games knows how much better undisputed 3 was than anything EA has ever made besides the few shills who will defend it no matter what. 4 years and they still don't have a basic grasp on the ground game, everything grappling wise is clunky dogshit.

Right... Pride mode was hella fun in UFC U3. Maybe EA should make another FN.

Most likely getting rich Franklin and Travis Browne cage elbows in the next update

Anyone want to play stand up only fights please feel free to ad me on PSN:Bongsquirrel would be my pleasure.. I still suck tho i just got the game but im loving it so far just hate the ground game in this=)

I'm on right now and holy fuck there's just over 10000 people on ps4 right now I don't think I've ever seen that many on here before

Wowwwwww still no openweight online this is fucking retarded nobody gives a fuck about combined weight classes offline except those fucking dorks who quit fights the first 2 minutes they can't get a takedown LIKE HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO ADD OPENWEIGHT ONLINE?!?!?!?!?! Fucking enraged.

The pivot looks so fucking goofy. That animation is terrible

Back