Media Early 242 numbers suggest massive PPV sales.

He's wrong. It's not even gonna do a million.

Khabib is a super star now. He is the most famous active combat sport athlete. Think about it, not only do Russians watch him, but muslims from all over the world.

Khabib is not a star whatsoever. The only reason they are getting traffic is cause theyre in a new region they havent been to in years.
That is the dumbest shit i ever read. Since when is going to anither region helped with numbers? Khabib's 16 million instagram followers say different.

Ya like when he ferociously pounded on Michael Johnson for a few rounds and somehow did no damage?
Like how he beat up Edson Barboza but couldn’t even finish him? Even though he is known to have a glass jaw and he has been finished by every other top guy who fought him?
Like Justin Gaethje, Kevin Lee, Tony Ferguson, Cowboy Cerrone and Jamie Varner did?
What are you talking about?
Felder, Pettis, Gil, Beneil, Johnson and Hooker aren't top guys but Jamie Varner is?

Khabib smashed Edson. It wasn't competitive, it was a mauling.
And Khabib finished MJ so... what was your point?

How would you describe Dustin who has been KTFO by bums like mcgregor and Michael Johnson?

The bum MJ who smashed Artem so bad he had to leave the UFC?
Now Artem is a career journeyman.

I guess Id say Dustin is on Par with Tony.

Both lost to MJ and he was their last loss,
Both are/were interim champs.
25-3 for Tony 12 KO, 8 subs, 5 dec
25-5 for Dustin 12 KO, 7 subs, 6 dec
Both are tied for 6th with 10 performance of the night bonuses.

Ya because the human blanket vs a career journeyman who got lucky a few times in a row is a cant miss fight right?

25-5 fighting for the title and you call him a journeyman, don't use words you don't understand.

Last edited:
I don't think so to be honest.

Freaky hour for the card to happen in it's most important market North America and in terms of names there is just Khabib on that thing, no other names or interesting fights like we had with the last PPV.

UFC got payed to go there and put on the show I don't think they care about numbers that much on this one or at most they will use it against Khabib if he doesn't do well so they can get him cheaper the next time.

It’s starts at 2pm how is that a big deal. If anything that’s way better than having to wait till past 1am to watch the headliner.

I prefer this tbh

If this does even 500k with that start time, then Khabib is a superstar!

I predict it will reach about 800k, which is huge!
Would be cool but I doubt it

Nobody really knows who Khabib is in the west.

Seems to be a big star world wide right now though, but that doesn't translate to ppv unfortunately

I don't think so to be honest.

Freaky hour for the card to happen in it's most important market North America and in terms of names there is just Khabib on that thing, no other names or interesting fights like we had with the last PPV.

UFC got payed to go there and put on the show I don't think they care about numbers that much on this one or at most they will use it against Khabib if he doesn't do well so they can get him cheaper the next time.

Is that true, the UFC got paid to put this show in the Middle East? I wasn’t aware. Interesting to know.

Khabib is a super star now. He is the most famous active combat sport athlete. Think about it, not only do Russians watch him, but muslims from all over the world.

I haven’t seen any ratings or a streaming view count from Russia. And I’m not sure how a number could be drawn from the number of Muslims that would watch him fight. Where did you find this out?

just because ppl view some media crap about kalabeeb doesn't mean they are going to buy a ppv at 10am in the morning. most probably still think its on at 10pm usual ppv time.
Yea, I'm not sure how much of a sign UFC views are. I think its def directionally interesting, so not saying its garbage, but I just dont see a lot of people buying a PPV in the AM. I also dont really buy that the PPV can do super well as its not that stacked and Khabib is the only 'draw'.

Sauce? Besides your own personal hopes and dreams?

31-5 fighting for the title and you call him a journeyman, don't use words you don't understand.
25-5, 1NC*

Bad start time, weak undercard. 500k ppvs at the most.

This is great news to the sherbros who get PPV points!!

Yeah right.. Afternoon start time and a dog shit card.. People must be pissing themselves with excitement.

if you think khabib nurmagomedov is a human blanket, i suggest you actually watch one of his fights. it might change your mind.

Still a ground fighter, and people find that far less entertaining to watch.. Dustin wants to stand and Khabib will be dragging it down..

Early traffic numbers for UFC.com and its social media accounts prior to UFC 242 on Saturday in Abu Dhabi are similar to what they were before Nurmagomedov fought McGregor at UFC 229.

As of Tuesday, UFC 242-related content across all UFC platforms had more than 112 million views.

Article by Kevin iole
Shout out to @Sambochampion163

UFC 229 was pre ESPN plus deal. Would be stunned if this broke 1 million PPV's. Probably in the 500k range. We've seen pretty much a 2/3's drop off across the board and who's to say this card would be capable of even getting 2 million just cause of those traffic numbers?

Still a ground fighter, and people find that far less entertaining to watch.. Dustin wants to stand and Khabib will be dragging it down..
it's hilarious because those same people don't like boxing or muay thai, because it's not real enough.

Back