Eating Steak and Lean Ground Beef Everday

Lack of fundamental knowledge of the scientific method strikes again!!!
overview_scientific_method2.gif

You see the Construct hypothesis & Test with experiment part? That is where the problems come in. A scientist with an agenda (morally vegetarian, paid off, support the stance of the institution or a colleague etc) can and will manipulate studies to indicate what they want to prove. This is why scientist and academics must go through peer reviews before they can be considered legit and be published in peer reviewed journals. However, if all people who perform the reviews are of the same stance (or dogma) then the results must be considered skewed to some degree. This is the case with mainstream nutrition education; it is more a cult of thought than true science.

On a personal, I don't give a shit what anyone thinks or says. I've been eating a red meat rich, high protein high fat low starch/grain diet for the better part of 10 years. I have had twice yearly blood panels for the last 7 years and have had no negative markers of health yet. My brother who is active, trains BJJ and weights but follows and argues for a high grain/starch diet is flabby (skinny fat), suffers from high blood pressure and has some pre-diabetic signs. I know what I trust.

overview_scientific_method2.gif

You see the Construct hypothesis & Test with experiment part? That is where the problems come in. A scientist with an agenda (morally vegetarian, paid off, support the stance of the institution or a colleague etc) can and will manipulate studies to indicate what they want to prove. This is why scientist and academics must go through peer reviews before they can be considered legit and be published in peer reviewed journals. However, if all people who perform the reviews are of the same stance (or dogma) then the results must be considered skewed to some degree. This is the case with mainstream nutrition education; it is more a cult of thought than true science.

On a personal, I don't give a shit what anyone thinks or says. I've been eating a red meat rich, high protein high fat low starch/grain diet for the better part of 10 years. I have had twice yearly blood panels for the last 7 years and have had no negative markers of health yet. My brother who is active, trains BJJ and weights but follows and argues for a high grain/starch diet is flabby (skinny fat), suffers from high blood pressure and has some pre-diabetic signs. I know what I trust.

Welcome to the forum. Please stay a while. You will feel at home here.

I've been eating a red meat rich, high protein high fat low starch/grain diet for the better part of 10 years. I have had twice yearly blood panels for the last 7 years and have had no negative markers of health yet. My brother who is active, trains BJJ and weights but follows and argues for a high grain/starch diet is flabby (skinny fat), suffers from high blood pressure and has some pre-diabetic signs. I know what I trust.

Word, brother. Welcome.

great name and great first post in D & S. Welcome, feel free to enjoy the steaks and bacon.

great name and great first post in D & S. Welcome, feel free to enjoy the steaks and bacon.

And eggs... don't forget teh eggs.

Eggs + Steak + Bacon = fucking awesome.

I was looking in walmart and they had sliced pork belly...is it just unprocessed bacon, has anyone had it, and if so is it as delicious as bacon?

I was looking in walmart and they had sliced pork belly...is it just unprocessed bacon, has anyone had it, and if so is it as delicious as bacon?

Bacon is just cured pork belly. You can try it at a Korean restaurant first if you like. They grill it up and dip it in sesame seed oil + salt and pepper. Tastes pretty good.

While you're there try the thinly sliced beef tongue and the intestines too. Always good to diversify your meats. Try everything. Korean food is delicious and probably the manliest food out there.

Bacon is just cured pork belly. You can try it at a Korean restaurant first if you like. They grill it up and dip it in sesame seed oil + salt and pepper. Tastes pretty good.

While you're there try the thinly sliced beef tongue and the intestines too. Always good to diversify your meats. Try everything. Korean food is delicious and probably the manliest food out there.

lol, manliest food out there

I ate at a korean place in bayside queens when I was in high school...I didn't really want to go in because there was no english posted. My friend and I went in and the owner's son (presumably) was in there and explain to us what was on the menu. I got something and remember thinking it was legitimately one of the best things I ever had, and it cost like 7 bucks or something. I don't think I have had Korean food since then though.

So, on a side note, does it taste like bacon, or different?

So, on a side note, does it taste like bacon, or different?

It doesn't taste like bacon unfortunately. Bacon is unique, you see, and was created by God in the image of his own heavenly food. It tastes more like fatty pork. Has a unique flavor of its own. Needs to be dipped in a sauce for full enjoyment (sesame oil and salt+pepper is the best one).

+1 for Korean food.

Spicy Pork. Soondubu Stew. Bulgogi. Throw in the the banchan and it is heaven. If you leave out the rice, it's a pretty damn healthy meal, as well.

lol, you could eat an apple...or fig newtons, either way is good I guess:D

You can get 2 servings of vegetables from KFC...who would have thought??

It's these stupid ass people that piss me off.

Man, I actually read the first couple pages, but then the shit started to get so thick I couldn't swim anymore! If you think our bodies aren't evolved to eat meat, you're seriously full of shit. In nature, it went something like this, "it moves, I should kill it, then eat it."

The problem isn't the meat man, it's the shit we do to it! It used to take like 5 years to raise a cow to full size for slaughter, now it's like 15 months (I have peer reviewed article if you want the source). Hell, I bet some day breathing freakin air in certain cities is going to be toxic. Heaven forbid somebody come along and say we shouldn't be breathing so much. No, we should breathe all the time, it's the fact that we're breathing shit we weren't designed to breathe.

You know, I can't believe with all the controversy out there somebody just can't get the damn funding to take dorm kids, prisoners, shit, somewhere with controlled access food and do a damn stinking RCT on it! Hell, even if you took two large groups of people and did educational seminars then measured adherence, that would suffice! My goodness.

I seriously think this dietary stuff is like smoking. We now look back at doctors who 50 years ago told their patients to smoke Camels, or Virginia Slims, or whatever the hell it was because they had "filters" and think they were absolutely CRAZY! I really think in 50 years people are going to look back at our 1980's nutrition and say, "man, the American Heart Association and all those other asshats were telling kids to eat grain-cereal like Cheerios, feed your obese kids egg whites, etc. etc., what idiots!" I swear I think that's going to happen. They'll wonder why the hell parents paid $8K to send their kids to Wellspring, a program for obese kids that indoctrinates/brainwashes them into thinking they need a next to no-fat diet for the rest of their life to lose weight!

Oh well, what can you do.

This thread fails really hard. There is absolutely nothing wrong with red meat or saturated fat. In fact, they form the basis of a healthy diet. Just like MikeMartial said, how the heck can 5 million years of human evolution be wrong?

i gave up red meat and i feel alot better for it. everytime i tried to cheat and eat some, i got sick to my stomache. the human body is just not designed for digesting beef products.

its very true that the garbage from it builds up in your instestinal tract and it has so much saturated fat you might as well be eating butter by the bar. and your digestive tract just doesnt break it down like it does chicken and fish. not to mention, chicken and fish have more grams of protein per weight.

of course most people have no idea whats going on in their own bodies. they cant feel their own indigestion and if they do, arent smart enough to connect it to what theyre eating. which is why americans in particular consume so much red meat, sugar, salt, etc and have such a high incidence of obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, etc.

an easy test to see if your diet is clean or not is to look at your shit. if its loose and/or dark in color you are eating dirty. if its solid and light in color, you are eating clean.

stupid people get what they deserve.

I dunno where you would get that idea. Humans and their ancestors have been eating meat for hundreds of thousands of years. I'm sure they ate ANYTHING they could catch.

Back