Media Eddie Hearn says he’s not sure Francis Ngannou would beat Dillian Whyte and Derek Chisora

Do you think Francis Ngannou would beat Dillian Whyte and Derek Chisora?

• Total voters
Francis overrated now. Fury didn’t even take the fight serious let’s be honest. Fury was definitely focused on Usyk in a month. Fury even fought sloppier than we’ve ever seen him, no one can say fury looked like usually does
He didn't look like he usually does.
Because he fought someone he couldn't bully.

Forrest Griffin didn't look too good against Anderson Silva.

The other fighter makes you look good or bad.

To be fair francis didn't start mma as a little kid and did ok. Doesn't make it a joke does it?
Different thing. Look around, we have kickboxing champions, wrestling champions, BJJ contenders and even former NFL players that make it into the UFC. It's a new sport and skilled athletes can get into the UFC and even become champions if they put in the work ethic. Nobody here ever pretended they couldn't. It's the boxing fans that say you need to do that to even compete. It's the boxing fans that put their boxers on a pedestal and pretend that they are super human and untouchable because of how much "depth" the sport has and how much more "competitive" it is and whatever else. "An MMA fighter could never compete with a boxing champion".

Yeah, it was a nice little image. Too bad Francis shattered it now. Boxers are not as special as you'd hoped they were. That sport is not as competitive as you boxing fans claimed it is. The dream is over.

Obviously I think Francis beats both after Saturdays performance

Was his performance good? Or did they both look surprisingly bad? I feel like this is getting ignored. They both landed a few shots a round max and noone was ever in actual danger (although I do think fury got hurt in round 8)

It's because of Fury's past body of work and expectations. It is a wildcard though. Ngannou might KO them, might not. I imagine fights even uglier than him and Fury. Depends how he stands up to getting hit. Fury is a weak puncher.

Eddie is 100% right- there's no way to be sure Ngannou is too good for these guys.

We don't know if Fury turned up untrained and coked out, or just in a depressive phase.

We don't know if Francis is legit a phenomenon who can adapt in a single fight to top level boxing (unlikely).

I honestly think these guys have a good chance to beat Ngannou, I'd even bet on it if odds were juicy. Simply because Ngannou is such a small sample vs such a variable opponent.

I think Xhang or Hrgovic probably beat Ngannou but the two mentioned in op are 50/50.

He KO's both of them. They are much slower and easier to hit than Fury.

Two washed up journeymen, I'm pretty confident Ngannou would knock them the F out, those would be actually good fight for Francis, decent names and easy wins ti build him up to fight Deontay Wilder.

If he beats those 2 he’s got no chance of fighting wilder

To be fair, he's not wrong. Ngannou was a bad matchup for Fury and even Fury could beat him in a rematch. Ngannou did great but boxing is not MMA.

I really hope Ngannou doesn't become overconfident and keep working really hard.

Francis overrated now. Fury didn’t even take the fight serious let’s be honest. Fury was definitely focused on Usyk in a month. Fury even fought sloppier than we’ve ever seen him, no one can say fury looked like usually does

Fake excuse refused. He trained really hard and still lost (timestamped) :

He literally says the opposite, but you're so salty that you can't even accept it <GOT2>

Fake excuse refused. He trained really hard and still lost (timestamped) :

He literally says the opposite, but you're so salty that you can't even accept it <GOT2>

It’s called being humble. He looked sloppy and not like himself, even the boxing guys said the same.

Whytes chin is made of glass, lol
only against uppercuts

Two washed up journeymen, I'm pretty confident Ngannou would knock them the F out, those would be actually good fight for Francis, decent names and easy wins ti build him up to fight Deontay Wilder.
nah, just because Francis had a good night doesnt mean shit for other fights, much less calling them "easy wins". i think Chisora would make it dirty and maul Francis on the inside. he's a great clinch boxer and is extremely hard to KO. Fury beat the fuck out of him for 10 rounds and he didnt even go down. that would be an ugly, difficult fight for Francis if he doesnt get a hail mary punch in there. Francis has a better chance against Whyte because he's got a good uppercut and that's Whyte's weakness.

I'd be confident that he KOs both. Unless Whyte could manage to sneak in a big left hook. Ngannou likely knocks his head off with an uppercut. Hell a shot Povetkin with no legs did it after being dropped twice. Whyte was out for a good minute.

only against uppercuts

nah, just because Francis had a good night doesnt mean shit for other fights, much less calling them "easy wins". i think Chisora would make it dirty and maul Francis on the inside. he's a great clinch boxer and is extremely hard to KO. Fury beat the fuck out of him for 10 rounds and he didnt even go down. that would be an ugly, difficult fight for Francis if he doesnt get a hail mary punch in there. Francis has a better chance against Whyte because he's got a good uppercut and that's Whyte's weakness.
Francis wil turn Whyte into a pez dispenser ala Overeem

Back