Eddie vs Conor is the worst performance in UFC history

vg6j3n1ayem31.gif

shades-too-cool.gif

It's hard to judge if it was a great performance for Conor or just a bad performance for McGregor (edit: meant to say Eddie). I think it lies somewhere in between. Bad matchup for Eddie as well. Conor had just barely scraped by Diaz in a rematch and lost to Nate earlier that year, I don't think he's ever been as great as his biggest nut huggers want him to be so they overrate that win. It was a flawless victory nonetheless.

It's aged badly based on Conors LW record since and Eddie's career since.

Last edited:
Conor is a southpaw
Against southpaws you throw lead straight rights

You're welcome

Just not as bad as Eddie did vs Conor

Eddie circled to his left for 40 seconds, away from Conors left, which was good.
He fainted with his left a lot and started with leg kicks. Also good.
After 40seconds he started to circle right, as he is used to. Which is dumb. Did that till the end. Lining up every left hand for Conor
Maybe the first knockdown after 1 minute concussed him and he couldn't fight according to his gameplan

Conor's jab wasn't good back then, which people forget, when they say old Conor was bettur everywhure
Conor’s jab still isn’t good today. That’s why southpaws give him such a hard time. People forget that Conor lost a tooth in the first Dustin fight.

I’m not a Conor hater like many, he’s arguably the greatest FW of all-time and the biggest star we’ll ever see in MMA, but ya, I don’t rate this as one of his best performances.

Beating an American-born champion doesn’t hold up well today, as we’ve seen how badly Americans have declined since the global talent pool opened up. It’s like watching special effects in movies from the 80s.

it’s hilarious how many people thought eddie would win too

Sad attempt to downplay what that fight actually is, which is one of the greatest performances of all time by Conor.
I think it can be both. Eddie fought a terrible fight, but that was mostly due Conor’s brilliance that night.

Conor is a special talent
Not my cup of tea as a person, but he was a great fighter

I rarely shit on his talent, because he can fucking fight. We might love him? Or hate him? But he can fight and Eddie is a great stylistic match up

It's a great win on Khabib's resume and 2 good wins on dustins who I both like
That and Conor was never the same post Floyd

If the version of Conor that fought Eddie was against Khabib, I think it would have been a lot more interesting.

Instead we got McGregor's shadow who was fresh off a year of drinking whiskey and snorting coke off hookers.

I would say that Eddie was never a great fighter, but very good and capable of beating the top guys on any given night. But, conman made him look like a rank amateur that night. It was was the pinnacle of his career imo

I think any adult with half a brain knows what happened with that performance. WWE had more convincing performances.

Conor was a great fighter, especially before he got the two titles. Eddie fought the same way he always did, he was always a guy that gets hit a lot, but Conor punished him heavily for that

I think any adult with half a brain knows what happened with that performance. WWE had more convincing performances.
lol, you just don't understand the world, it is okay. not everything is a conspiracy but i'm sure its more exciting for you if you think that way

Sad attempt to downplay what that fight actually is, which is one of the greatest performances of all time by Conor.
Yeah, that was prime Conor. He retired after that according to Kav and following Mayweather turned to drugs and alcohol, did not grapple or do MMA nearly two years and returned vs Khabib. Lmao, guy been on his brown belt for years as he don't really go to the gym and train seriously anymore. He is a total shell of himself now. There was even footage of him getting touched up by random bantamweights at the gym , where as before he used to beat the dog shit out of people. His arc was kinda like Ricco Rodriguez or Mark Kerr but not as bad.

But there were like 4 people who were better at 155 on that exact day than Eddie

No there weren't. There was a reason Eddie was champ.

Eddie made the mistake of losing to Conor McGregor, who is widely (and imo rightly) hated. He also had two very boring victories prior to that, which is a big no-no around here. It leads people to really underestimate just how damn good Eddie Alvarez was. Easily an alltime top ten LW. But yeah, McGregor was a terrible match up for him. It was one of several incredible wins for McGregor, who hasn't has an impressive bout since.

Thinly veiled Conor hate thread. TS must be a virgin.

Yeah it was embarrassingly poor. I remember watching it live on tv with casuals and i proclaimed it was gonna be a good fight only to witness a one sided asswhooping minutes later.

Eddie had just defeated prime RDA, who was 11-1 (one dec. loss to Khabib) in his last 12 fights, so dumbfuck haters can fuck off.
I think Conor's performance was masterful but to be fair, RDA had a terrible weight cut in the fight with Eddie. He passed out hours before the fight. I'd pick the RDA who destroyed Pettis and Nate over Eddie.

But Eddie was still a very good and tough fighter who also beat Gaethje and Pettis. You certainly can't call him a bum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back