Ego Trip: Israel Adesanya Confident He Will Be Bigger Star than Conor McGregor

Will he become a bigger star than Conor?

• Total voters
Yeah same here. I thought Paulo put on a pretty good performance against Uriah. He got tagged up by that jab (Hall's got that ridiculous 79 inch reach, whereas paulo only has a 72 inch reach) but he most definitely out-perofmred him.
yea those first 2 or so minutes of round 1 he couldn't get anything off cause that jab but as soon as he started getting hall up against the fence and pushing him back that fight wasn't even a little competitive. Still has some things to work on but I think he'll be a force and give anyone problems.

yea those first 2 or so minutes of round 1 he couldn't get anything off cause that jab but as soon as he started getting hall up against the fence and pushing him back that fight wasn't even a little competitive. Still has some things to work on but I think he'll be a force and give anyone problems.
Paulo gets underrated around here for whatever reason. He's dominated his competition at this point.

I do think him vs Israel has been the fight to make for a long time.

He may become a star, but its unlikely he'll be Conor level. Jon Jones is pretty much undefeated, Charismatic, and has had TONS of publicity and....kinda famous. Randy Couture, he's a star now too! Israel prolly won't be bigger than either of these guys. He is quite fun to watch though.

Paulo gets underrated around here for whatever reason. He's dominated his competition at this point.

I do think him vs Israel has been the fight to make for a long time.
People just see him as some big jacked guy and assume he's basic and lacks skill. Being good looking probably has an effect of how he's perceived as well.

Like Muhammad Ali, Floyd Mayweather, Mike Tyson and Manny Pacquiao...

Your comparing a sport with a roster 1- 50th the size of the UFC...Also a sport that had a very different demographic..

Could happen, I would lean towards no at this point.

He's got a great personality, but it takes more than that.

Conor has the electrifying performances to back it up with.

Israel has had moments, but every big star the UFC has had strung together spectacular performances fight after fight for a significant chunk or time. He hasn't proved he can do that yet.

Even before Ronda and Conor there was Anderson Silva money as the benchmark. And again - he was giving the fans their money's worth fight after fight for years.

Former Heavyweight King and the first ever boxing heavyweight champion. Lineal God of boxing.

He was enormously popular in his time and many years after. Even today 150+ years ago, many write/read and talk about him. He was one of the toughest SOBs that ever entered prize ring.

john_l_sullivan_prince_of_wales_26jpg.webp
when its that long ago with no video evidence to suggest how good he really was compared to modern standards then its not really fair to mention him as one of the greats like Ali and Tyson.

when its that long ago with no video evidence to suggest how good he really was compared to modern standards then its not really fair to mention him as one of the greats like Ali and Tyson.
I think we are talking about how big of a star someone is/was/could be.

Anderson, Wanderlei and others have 10 times the fans of Billy Noname anywhere in any market.

Well he is cocky (so much cock, cock guy) but does he have it in him to be an asshole? Because that is what sells.

It's a snowflakes chances in hell but really hoping Anderson pulls this off somehow.

No one will ever be bigger star than Conor.

Before him I can only think about Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali and John L. Sullivan.

Adesanya has GSP/Jones star potential -- at best.
agreed
No one gets bigger then Conor. Not even close

Like Muhammad Ali, Floyd Mayweather, Mike Tyson and Manny Pacquiao...
nah, it's racism. also michael jordan was never famous nor made hundreds of millions because of racism

unless he changes his name to mcgillicutty , then he has no chance

nah, it's racism. also michael jordan was never famous nor made hundreds of millions because of racism
How many of those people fought MMA?
Also Ali was one of the most hated people in white america 40 years ago.
Ask your older white relatives how much they loved Ali...

Back