Eleider Alvarez vs Kovalev: done deal

That's cool. I mean today though, we all know who he is or at least most of us here do. Like you said, he fought Bute and Pascal so hardcore fans will know who he is. Definitely not a household name but neither is Kovalev. If I get time later I'll rewatch the Bute fight.
I thought it looked like a good back and fourth fight for a little bit with alvarez out boxing then alvarez while in plan boxing knocked butes head off. alvarez doesnt have power on most of his shots while he's boxing. but he sometimes sits down on a shot in a combo or starts a combo with a hard shot. I'd never favour him vs Kovalev but I think he can have some success in the fight at points

Alvarez has the better boxing skills. and well he doesnt have a good ko record I've seen times when he was out boxing people and landed a ko shot out of no where. I think Kovalev isn't the same as he used to be. this will be kovalev biggest win. I don't count the "ud win vs ward" and the "Dq win vs ward" since those don't exist. the sharpness could give kovalev troubles at points but if he (kovalev) lands a nice power shot on Alvarez the game plan changes.

Kovalev by UD 116-112

Kovalev was arguably getting the better of Ward from the outside for significant stretches of time, whereas Eleider Alvarez was arguably getting outboxed by an aging Lucian Bute in his most recent fight before pulling off an uncharacteristic KO. I don't see a lot of reason to think that Alvarez has the better skills. Kovalev is the type of guy I could see declining fast, but someone like Alvarez isn't going to be the one to beat him and I'd be surprised if he gave him much trouble, at all.

Kovalev was arguably getting the better of Ward from the outside for significant stretches of time, whereas Eleider Alvarez was arguably getting outboxed by an aging Lucian Bute in his most recent fight before pulling off an uncharacteristic KO. I don't see a lot of reason to think that Alvarez has the better skills. Kovalev is the type of guy I could see declining fast, but someone like Alvarez isn't going to be the one to beat him and I'd be surprised if he gave him much trouble, at all.

if you're one of those people who think kovalev was robbed and felt he won wide then sure.

Also Alvarez last fight he virtually shut out pascal. pascal would throw a combo in the last 10 seconds and it was enough to "steal rounds" for the more popular hometown fighter pascal.

Last edited:
if you're one of those people who think kovalev was robbed and felt he won wide then sure.

Also Alvarez last fight he virtually shut out pascal. pascal would throw a combo in the last 10 seconds and it was enough to "steal rounds" for the more popular hometown fighter pascal.

I had Ward winning a fight which could have gone either way the first time out, and aside from Weeks not handling the conclusion of the second fight very well, I think the result of that fight can't be disputed. Anyone who can box with Ward as well as Kovalev did on the outside has a lot of boxing ability.

30724932_10160154372215517_7863951897680412672_n.jpg

Kovalev by ko. I wonder who Bivol will fight next.

Back