Elon Musk’s 150mph LA 'Loop' tunnel system to open in December FREE rides the next day

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone here going to go to the opening or hitch a FREE ride the next day? it opens on December 10, 2018 and the article says FREE rides the next day to the public

I wonder if they make you sign a waiver before trying this prototype tunnel?

Judging from an early video I think ill pass shit looks scary

The Boring Company's website says the tunnel runs from SpaceX's car park east of Crenshaw Boulevard and south of 120th Street, then turns west under 120th Street, and remains underground along 120th Street for 2 miles.

An opening event will take place on the night of December 10 with free rides for the public the next day, Musk tweeted.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-150mph-apos-loop-093353953.html

Elon bless!

This may be blasphemy, but I wonder what happens when a car / rail breaks down in the middle of point A and point B and if they have a strategy to rescue people stranded underground.

I like how it isn't mass transport. Could prevent serious snackbarring.

150mph in a small underground tube with no mention of who's driving or how it's controlled. Sounds perfectly safe.

giphy.gif

I won't be too thrilled by trying out a high speed underground transport system this guy invented.

What could possibly go wrong?
You think some people will vomit while riding it, I was looking at the videos and I can see how someone would get really dizzy now imagine something like that traveling to San Francisco to LA and riding that for 50 minutes.

Damn, pretty cool for someone already in LA and already with a deathwish.

You think some people will vomit while riding it, I was looking at the videos and I can see how someone would get really dizzy now imagine something like that traveling to San Francisco to LA and riding that for 50 minutes.

I was being sarcastic. I’m not getting on that. Hell, you can’t even get more on a rollercoaster.

I don't care to be a crash test dummy so I won't be an early adopter on this one.

Am I the only one who sees this as another one of those "billionaire stunts to build legitimacy for unrelated business" moves? (to sell cars)

Back