Emmanuel Steward predicted 2018

What an amazing person
And a keen eye for this great sport

As well as Deontay he also mentions Tyson as best talent. Didn't know he thought that highly of Fury.

As well as Deontay he also mentions Tyson as best talent. Didn't know he thought that highly of Fury.
Always felt Emmanuel was for his era.the best trainer for tall guys

Maybe i am cherry picking his career

Always felt Emmanuel was for his era.the best trainer for tall guys

Maybe i am cherry picking his career
No it's true he had great success, what he did with Lennox and Wlad was turn them into world beaters.

We've struggled as of late. The US use to define boxing. I think we still do, but the tide is shifting to being more diverse. In order to make it to the Olympics you have to put your work in, definitely have to put your work in. Amateur style boxing is about who can land a clean punch with the white circle on the glove (I'm sure you knew that already).

Being that Wilder was 30-5 I believe he would have to have shown some competency accompanied with the fact that he was considered, made it through trials and was selected. A lot of good fighters don't even make the team, they'll be an alternate. Amateur fighting does require technique, however, with it being 3 rounds the chances of it turning into a brawl and a test of anaerobic conditioning is also there.

I would hope a fighter who has a chance to fight the Olympics does so, it's not required to succeed as a pro true. However, you're bargaining power is that much greater. I think Wilder gets a bad rap. Anytime guys argue over his technique I just remind them as of now, he still has stopped everyone he has ever faced. We all know the KO is the ultimate victory in boxing.
I think we still do define boxing, as everyone comes over here eventually to learn and live, study under the best American trainers, and many of the best Latino fighters are actually American.

I think we still do define boxing, as everyone comes over here eventually to learn and live, study under the best American trainers, and many of the best Latino fighters are actually American.
Say what oohhh

images

I'd say America is still the force in world boxing. If you just take a P4P list like the Rings you have 3 out of 10 of the P4P best, more than any other nation.

I'd say America is still the force in world boxing. If you just take a P4P list like the Rings you have 3 out of 10 of the P4P best, more than any other nation.

They most definately are, but they aren’t as dominant as used to be, and with the emergence of Britain/Russia/Eastern Europe, it’s getting much more balanced than it’s been in my life time

They most definately are, but they aren’t as dominant as used to be, and with the emergence of Britain/Russia/Eastern Europe, it’s getting much more balanced than it’s been in my life time
Yes this is true it's definitely spread about a bit in terms of talent. 2 of the top ten are Ukrainian.

Back