Erceg

Is there any hype here? Does anyone have much to say about him? Is this just a shoein for Pantoja? I need to rewatch the Schnell fight
His hands are better than Pantoja's. Unfortunately for Erceg the fight won't be contested on the feet. I still don't know how good he is on the ground.

Pantoja has never been finished and I expect him to grapple his way to victory. I would be very surprised if Steve can pull this off. Alexandre is getting to be pretty old for FLW though. I guess the unknown is part of the excitement to this fight.
Is there any excitement to this fight? Erceg probably got the quickest route to a title fight I have ever seen. Barely enough time to get to know the dude to know what he has against the Cannibal.

As a fellow Aussie, I hope he does well but still don't see what he has done to deserve the title shot. I would have thought he would need at least another fight or two against top guys, to prove he's at that championship level.
I think he is just going to get dominated on Saturday simply as he has not previously fought anyone at Pantoja's elite level and so I think he will do his best with his current skill-set and experience but I think Erceg will simply fall short and I expect him to acknowledge that in an honest way after the fight is over.
Erceg MAY have a few moments of success in the fight that will freak out the Brazilian crowd (maybe clip Pantoja hard or similar) but overall I think Pantoja steamrolls Steve-O. I think Pantoja submits him in Rd 3 or 4 OR simply controls Erceg on his way to an emphatic unanimous decision.

If Erceg makes it all 5 rounds that will, in itself, be quite something.

UFC 301 Countdown told me Erceg was the 2nd coming of Christ.

So it's true.

Back