Erceg

Is there any hype here? Does anyone have much to say about him? Is this just a shoein for Pantoja? I need to rewatch the Schnell fight
His hands are better than Pantoja's. Unfortunately for Erceg the fight won't be contested on the feet. I still don't know how good he is on the ground.

Pantoja has never been finished and I expect him to grapple his way to victory. I would be very surprised if Steve can pull this off. Alexandre is getting to be pretty old for FLW though. I guess the unknown is part of the excitement to this fight.
Is there any excitement to this fight? Erceg probably got the quickest route to a title fight I have ever seen. Barely enough time to get to know the dude to know what he has against the Cannibal.

As a fellow Aussie, I hope he does well but still don't see what he has done to deserve the title shot. I would have thought he would need at least another fight or two against top guys, to prove he's at that championship level.
I think he is just going to get dominated on Saturday simply as he has not previously fought anyone at Pantoja's elite level and so I think he will do his best with his current skill-set and experience but I think Erceg will simply fall short and I expect him to acknowledge that in an honest way after the fight is over.
Erceg MAY have a few moments of success in the fight that will freak out the Brazilian crowd (maybe clip Pantoja hard or similar) but overall I think Pantoja steamrolls Steve-O. I think Pantoja submits him in Rd 3 or 4 OR simply controls Erceg on his way to an emphatic unanimous decision.

If Erceg makes it all 5 rounds that will, in itself, be quite something.

UFC 301 Countdown told me Erceg was the 2nd coming of Christ.

So it's true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehuff
Back