Errol Spence JR vs Manny Pacquiao Aug.21st PBC FOX PPV

Winner?

• Total voters
If Spence wins, I hope it acts as a springboard for Spence VS Crawford. I doubt it will, but god damn do I wanna see that fight

If Spence wins, I hope it acts as a springboard for Spence VS Crawford. I doubt it will, but god damn do I wanna see that fight

It won't. Crawford will just say something about Spence beating an old man. Given Crawford is 33 already, around the age where speed & reflexes start to go for most, I'm not expecting him to do anymore than he's already done at welterweight. He's been at 147 for a long time, and had plenty of opportunities to campaign against Porter, Thurman, Spence, Garcia and Pacquiao but instead chose to rest on the ol' "I just fight whoever Bob puts in front of me" thing.

This isn't like Floyd/Pacquiao where they were both fighting everyone except each other. In this case, Spence is fighting everyone he can at WW while Terence just sits back and talks about how he'd beat everyone at the top while fighting in the middle of the pack. If TC has no interest in fighting the likes of Porter or Garcia (or a clearly vulnerable Thurman), he sure as hell has no interest in fighting Spence (except maybe for a last-fight, riding into the sunset payday).

The closer we get to this and the more we learn the more I don't like this fight for Manny

Why is manny still fighting??

According to some rumblings, he still has fairly substantial debts, so that's potentially one reason.

Being more charitable to Pac, we should remember that he did beat Thurman two years ago, and Thurman, despite his flaws and poor form after injury, was undoubtedly a top WW, so Pac might still think this is challenge he can overcome.

According to some rumblings, he still has fairly substantial debts, so that's potentially one reason.

Being more charitable to Pac, we should remember that he did beat Thurman two years ago, and Thurman, despite his flaws and poor form after injury, was undoubtedly a top WW, so Pac might still think this is challenge he can overcome.
Agreed and I think for an atg like Pac who's been so good for so long, a guy like that must have super high self confidence and after that time JMM killed him he came back to life and has been damn good since for the most part.

I think after this Thurman win he really believes in himself to at least acquit himself quite nicely even if most of us more objective observers consider this to be a steep uphill climb for him at his age w/ his mileage.

Only if Crawford can swallow his completely unearned ego and accept being the b-side. Assuming he even wants the fight. If Spence beats Manny and looks good doing it he’ll be a superstar and basically the shot caller at either 147 or 154, if he wants to move up and be a 2-division champ. There really wouldn’t even be a reason for him to go less than 60/40 with Crawford, much less wait around for Ortiz to be ready or fight a no name like Ugas. Veni, vidi, vici

Like the cut Rabbi Matisyahu Margarito’s jib & wise words. ;)
I hope it’s prophetic.

Last edited:
I don't know why people doubt Manny.

I favor Spence but Pac has a solid chance here. He hasn't taken any abuse the past few years and stays in shape.

Pacquiao is trying to crown himself the GOAT. If he can somhow beat a bigger, 11 years younger, P4P Top 5 fighter in his prime after 2 years out of the ring, that would be the single greatest achievement in boxing history. I just dont see it happening though. I felt like Pacquiao was slowing down later in his recent fights against lesser opponents than Spence. Spence will keep the pressure on him for 12 rounds. I think he will break Pacquiao late. Pacquiao will have to pick his rounds and be really fucking smart.

This. I mean, to be fair Errol is not QUITE as good as advertised IMO, based on his fights against Garcia, Porter, and Garcia. Not quite as good as he looked against Brook, and the next 2 fights. But he is obviously still elite and a pound for pounder.

Pacquiao is already the most accomplished boxer in history IMO, for a guy who started his career at 106 pounds, the way he's gone up the weights flat out demolishing people even at 147 is downright incredible, and unprecedented. But yeah if he can beat Spence it's probably the best accomplishment in boxing history given Pacquiao's age and size.

Why do you think he chose this fight? He could get hurt badly. Not sure if it's glory or money. If he needs money, he could have chosen a few easy fights.

Last edited:
you think manny will hit him harder than danny and porter did?

it's not 2009 anymore, man. pacman is old as hell for an undersized welterweight.

Yep he's 42 and barely resembles the whirlwind that blazed onto the scene, and went on to obliterate Barrera etc.

But he can still punch - his combination of speed, power and snap in his shots can't be underestimated even at 147. There's several people who have said Pacquiao hits harder than anyone else they've fought. Including Floyd, who has fought Canelo.

I have no doubt Pacquiao hits harder than Danny and Porter, and unless he's completely and utterly shot, Spence will fight him with more respect than those 2, just like Floyd was very, very careful.

Back