Errol Spence vs Mickey Garcia

Garcia have better fight IQ, it will be classic majority draw

Big fan of watching these guys fight... Opponents their own size. 2 of my favorites in a mismatch is what I believe. Seems like such a waste.

I am a big fan of Mikey Garcia, I think he can make first couple rounds interesting, he has a great boxing mind, superb fighter. Thing is I see Spence being every bit the technician he is. Different approaches but Spence is no slouch, and I have a feeling had more gears he hasn't shown us. I honestly don't think Spence has even broken a sweat thus far.

Imo, Mikey has flashes of brilliance in opening rounds only to have Spence turn up the pressure the second he feels challenged and break Mikey down surprisingly quick, mikey taking a knee by 6th.

The more I watch tape on these guys, the more my opinion changes. I believe Spence will win, but I have a feeling that Garcia will prove much tougher than we thought he'd be at 147. He will lose early rounds, but will take Spence into deep waters and probably make him look somewhat one dimensional. I still think Spence will do too much damage early and in the mid rounds to lose a decision, but Garcia is the goods. He'll make it a fight.

Completely agree. And really the only reason I am negative about it is that it should have just been on free TV so they would get far more exposure to fans. With those numbers you mentioned, now I'm thinking Spence vs. Garcia is going to be like 75k buys if Kovalev vs. Ward 2 was only 120k and they were pretty big names.

With likely such low PPV buyrates, they aren't going to make much money, heck, they probably would have gotten more money just to be on Fox maybe? Anyhow, I'm not buying it.... not at $75. Maybe if it were $30.

oh most def. On the free TV note, that reminds me of a comment a Showtime exec made regarding the Thurman-Garcia fight - he selfishly wanted it on Showtime - but admitted CBS was the better route. Again aside from $$ I don't see the push for making a fight less accessible to the fans

Sure there's more money involved with PPV and premium cable, but not when the names don't warrant it. Spence-Garcia is also a hard match up to sell.

I'll say anywhere from 45-75k but we'll see - that Crawford HBO PPV did 50k, and most certainly lost money (Bob Arum admitted)

mikey garcia's camp obviously knows something, otherwise they wouldn't be taking this fight, but i can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

garcia is one of the most technical boxers in the game, but he has no business fighting at 140, let alone 147. realistically, they are at least 2 weight classes apart, and spence is among the biggest power punchers in the higher weight class. as if that wasn't enough of a challenge, he isn't some wild brawler, but a solid technician as well. he's slick, he works the body (which will be mikey's downfall, btw), and he knows when to turn it up.

i know people are excited about this because both guys are really good, and we know for a fact that mikey is a special talent... but this isn't going to be a great fight. i expect it to be competitive for 5-6 rounds, and then spence fucking batters garcia. and i don't mean beats him en route to a decision, i mean beats the living shit out of him. spence by brutal stoppage sometime around the 10th round, maybe sooner.

edit: ah, thought this thread was in the boxing forum, didn't realize it was in the heavies. i'm sure this will be a delightful thread full of well-informed people.

MONEY.... mikey will at least double his net worth by taking this fight... he is worth about 3 to 5 mil right now... this fight will pay him handsomely and a win or good showing will make him a much more big money fighter....

Two little dudes who would get dumped on their heads by Sara McMann.

I'll pass.

Shut up. Go to MMA forums if youre not a boxing fan then. those 2 "little guys" would have her sleeping before she could grab them...

i love mikey as a fighter.... but hes just not big enough for spence.... spence is not a small dude annd he hits so hard, and has quite a chin.

Great post.

And I can't understand how/why this fight was made... these are two amazing P4P fighters... in two different weight classes (I'm kinda old school, don't worry much about the "half" weight class differences but this is a real lightweight vs. welterweight fight).

It just seems like a fight no one really thought about and asked for... except Mikey Garcia and his camp so they MUST know something right?? Or they just cashing out? Hum... maybe that's all it is, Mikey is just cashing out since from a long time ago, I remember reading that it's been just a business to him from the beginning hence those prime years 2014-2016 when he pretty much sat out due to promotional disputes.

You know what, I'm thinking that's all it is. Mikey is cashing out and might even retire after this fight.

But the most shocking thing about this fight?

This:

View attachment 540163

$75??? What do you think the PPV buys will be for this? 90,000?
Yikes, I'll buy this fight - looking forward to it.

Not sure how it will do with that steep of a PPV price.

Sad to think that floyd fighting an absolute bum can garner so much interest yet two elites at the top of their game is most likely going to go unnoticed by the majority.

Picking Mikey to take a close Dec. Very dangerous fight for Mikey though.

I see it being like a more skilled version of Kell brook vs ggg. Garcia slightly more skilled and holding his own but then the sheer size difference telling and him getting finished. I just hope it doesn’t take too much out of him and that he doesn’t get hurt

this is a compelling fight, because they are both compelling great fighters

i can't stand how Boxing people are always living in the past

most of the boxing community was sure Floyd vs Conor was going to tank for being a sham fight

now im not guaranteeing 1 million PPV's sold, but people should be excited for this good matchup

Spence will come out strong.

Mikey will adjust and win some rounds.

Spence will adjust later in the fight and land hard on Mikey. Multiple KDs, ref stops the fight.

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Big fan of watching these guys fight... Opponents their own size. 2 of my favorites in a mismatch is what I believe. Seems like such a waste.

I am a big fan of Mikey Garcia, I think he can make first couple rounds interesting, he has a great boxing mind, superb fighter. Thing is I see Spence being every bit the technician he is. Different approaches but Spence is no slouch, and I have a feeling had more gears he hasn't shown us. I honestly don't think Spence has even broken a sweat thus far.

Imo, Mikey has flashes of brilliance in opening rounds only to have Spence turn up the pressure the second he feels challenged and break Mikey down surprisingly quick, mikey taking a knee by 6th.

Agreed, I think Spence had all he could handle in Brook though, seemed to bite down on his mouthpiece and go to war, breaking Kell down in a hard fought victory. This showed me, although highly skilled he also has the grit to persevere when the going gets tough. Add in the size advantage and I only see one winner.

Shut up. Go to MMA forums if youre not a boxing fan then. those 2 "little guys" would have her sleeping before she could grab them...

Hey fuckwit, this thread was originally posted in the main UFC folder.

Go fuck yourself.

Agreed, I think Spence had all he could handle in Brook though, seemed to bite down on his mouthpiece and go to war, breaking Kell down in a hard fought victory. This showed me, although highly skilled he also has the grit to persevere when the going gets tough. Add in the size advantage and I only see one winner.

That's kind of how I see this going. I can see Mikey getting the better of Spence with his jab, Garcia has a really nice jab. But I'm figuring around the middle rounds Errol is going to cover up and start walking Mikey down. Garcia can get a little tired and inconsistent in the mid-rounds, especially if he's being pressured mentally. And he won't be able to make too many mistakes against Spence before he gets hit with something that really hurts him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mikey reach the final bell, but I think it's not likely. Most likely outcome is ref/corner stoppage around 7/8/9 imo.

Back