Eubank Jr to replace George Groves in World Boxing Super Series Final

This is why promotions are wary of doing this kimd of tourney format. It's good if it goes off without injury or people pulling out. Big risk though.
I'm not sure I've seen a successful tourney in boxing.

Not like this where it's not all In one night. Then stringent drug testing and 12 round fights.

Prize fighter was great not as big obviously but it was good at finding talent.

Yeah Gassiev was so measured and effective with his short medium range work, it just seemed like he would inevitably get to Dorticos no matter what. And he got to him well.

I had Usyk as well to take this, but now? Gassiev hit real hard and while Usyk can box pretty mobile, he can sometimes get drawn into exchanges. If he gets lulled into exchanges with Gassiev then I think Gassiev is going to come out the winner with a stoppage. Though we don't know how good Usyk's chin is.
"Measured"

Perfect description, cheers on that my man.

Agree, not seen much of him before the tournement but he has been brilliant, Big fan of both guys now and honestly don’t care who wins.
I’d love bellew to step down and challenge the winner so I can see him knocked out again. He should’ve been in this as wbc champ, rather than cashing in against a shot old fighter
Indeed. Knew nothing of Gassiev before tourney as well, didn't see enough of him in first round to know he'd endure Dorticos and MEASURE his way to a well deserved victory. Reminded me of guys like Estrada/Canelo... composed, paced, and clever at the highest level their weight class can produce. Dorticos was a MFer to beat, came to win, and Gassiev never looked troubled or daunted, and that was a good effort by Dorticos. Im expecting an amazingly close and competitive fight from Gassiev and Usyk, I'm picking Gas Man to win even though I think Usyk's style will be favored by the judges.

Gassiev seems special, but sometimes special fighters eat losses they shouldn't like Estrada vs Roman and SSR (sorry if you disagree, but i feel he won both). I guess guys like JMM were lucky fans begged for so many rematches, because less a full on KO, that man (JMM) was never gonna win a Manny fight. Shit, everyone thought Manny lost the 3rd fight, but yeah, I digress... I don't think Gassiev can STOP Usyk, and that sucks because volume guys seem to rack up points they didnt get, and Gassiev is paced... I see a fight where one clearly wins and the more "active" fighter gets the nod instead.

Groves has been passed fit for the final against Callum Smith. Will be late August/early September.
Good news, he’s the only one that has really impressed in this tournament and would devalue it if he wasn’t in the final

Groves has been passed fit for the final against Callum Smith. Will be late August/early September.
Good news, he’s the only one that has really impressed in this tournament and would devalue it if he wasn’t in the final

So not being replaced by Eubank Jr? That is great news. Eubank Jr is such a prick.

Yeah that is good news. Would be a shame if Eubank got a chance he didn't deserve and Groves lost out.

Well it looks like this will be your first one then as it looks as though all is going ahead albeit with a small delay.

Well it looks like this will be your first one then as it looks as though all is going ahead albeit with a small delay.
If Joshua/Wilder happens we pretty much got a 4 man tournament with the top 4 HW fighters available.

Back