Evan Tanner dead (Tributes within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow..i remember just last night watching the fight where he won the MW championship..and wondering when he would be fighting again..im so shocked

RIP Evan Tanner

I always hoped he would write a book. He had a lot to say and was a pretty intelligent and unique guy. Everyone who's followed him knows of his demons and alcoholism. It's a tough road to face...

I hear you about wishing he could've written a book. A book from him would be priceless right now.

Actually, if you go to his myspace page you will see a list of books he has read. I plan on trying to read most of them. It's actually a decent list of books.

Evan just isn't the kind of guy who dies of old age. Who wants that anyway? Anyhow he crammed 10 times the living into his adulthood than most people manage in a lifetime.

These words actually make me feel a whole lot better about this whole situation. Thank you for that.

Let's try this again:

motivatortannerep3.jpg

Evan was one of the coolest UFC old schooler with his specific fighting style. BEst elbows in the business.

RIP Evan you

honestly, respect the man for who he was and what he accomplished. dont pretend he was the greatest fighter in the world just because he died. thats all im saying. i dont mind if you gain a new respect but dont say he is your #1 favorite of all time just because of this, that is being fake. i like evan tanner as a man and a fighter but i am not changing my av or making a new account especially for this occasion. i will not discuss it anymore because i am not trying to be a dick, and i know it is sensitive. but people do jump bandwagons and all of a sudden say someone is their favorite.

again, i respect the guy. i was shocked at the news and my condolences go to the family.

Please, point out who you think is acting fake and calling him the #1 fighter in the world....you cant can you?

You and others like you like to think that youre in this exclusive club where only you and your boyfriends are allowed to say good things about Evan, but youre not. Many people here felt a connection to him, and youre an asshole for trying to prevent those people from expressing their feelings.

Evan just isn't the kind of guy who dies of old age. Who wants that anyway? Anyhow he crammed 10 times the living into his adulthood than most people manage in a lifetime.

Well put man, Evan is one of those guys that can walk into the afterlife and say "Yeah, I really lived"

Honestly this news really hurt me, Evan is the type of guy that he seemed like you could just hang out with and hear all the amazing tales of his life be told. The guy lived his life unconventionally, not going by the normal routine, going out and doing well with what he had. He will be missed as an MMA fighter, and also as a truly inspirational person.

My condolences to his friends, family, and fellow fans, this is a great loss for all of us..

I was just stunned when I opened the homepage tonight and saw the headline. He always seemed to be a guy who kind of lived on the edge. I'd really like some details.

Whoa...

First mma fighter death where I'm actually sad

Evan always seemed like an amazing person in and out of the ring.

Godspeed, Evan.

Rest in Peace, he will be admired for someone who wore his heart on his sleeve battled and beat his demons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back