Evan Tanner dead (Tributes within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evan just isn't the kind of guy who dies of old age. Who wants that anyway? Anyhow he crammed 10 times the living into his adulthood than most people manage in a lifetime.

I'm shocked to hear about this. Deepest sympathies go out to his friends and family.

RIP Evan Tanner.

I could not resist the tears. I will miss him. He was something else.

RIP

He really did connect with his fans through his blog. I especially felt sorry for him when he told about him not having money for food. This is sad news.

Besides the obvious of this being a saddening and tragic loss. I think this is so shocking for us all because this is the first MMA fighter we have all come to know and like and respect one way or another that suddenly passed without warning. We've never experienced this before as MMA fans.

R.I.P Evan Tanner. A True Warrior and a Man who help progress the sport we all love. You Will Firever Be Missed!!!!

Ill ask again... Why do bitches like you care if he gains more fans? Dont you think he would be happy with that knowing he was able to touch more people?

honestly, respect the man for who he was and what he accomplished. dont pretend he was the greatest fighter in the world just because he died. thats all im saying. i dont mind if you gain a new respect but dont say he is your #1 favorite of all time just because of this, that is being fake. i like evan tanner as a man and a fighter but i am not changing my av or making a new account especially for this occasion. i will not discuss it anymore because i am not trying to be a dick, and i know it is sensitive. but people do jump bandwagons and all of a sudden say someone is their favorite.

again, i respect the guy. i was shocked at the news and my condolences go to the family.

Evan just isn't the kind of guy who dies of old age. Who wants that anyway? Anyhow he crammed 10 times the living into his adulthood than most people manage in a lifetime.

Amen, dude. He really did live life. A really unique person

I dont know the whole story but what was his demons that he faced?

Wow. I was actually driven to tears upon hearing this. I wouldn't have expected that.

We'll miss you, Evan. You were quite the spirit.

It's true. I've had my battle with addictions(still fighting) and you do end up places you never thought you would. He did seem like a guy that was going to meet the end on his own terms.

I'm not ashamed to admit I'm shedding some tears reading this thread.

Damn. I just read about this and it's horrible news. RIP Evan.

I dont know the whole story but what was his demons that he faced?

Alcoholism, mainly...a rough upbringing and tough early adulthood as a secondary demon. He overcame alot and did it with serenity. An incredible human being...

my.php

Besides the obvious of this being a saddening and tragic loss. I think this is so shocking for us all because this is the first MMA fighter we have all come to know and like and respect one way or another that suddenly passed without warning. We've never experienced this before as MMA fans.

Funny I was thinking the same thing. Just a couple days ago, I was pondering the similarities and differences in my fandom as a pro wrestling fan and MMA fan (besides the obvious differences). One thing that stood out to me, is that fave fighters haven't dropped like flies...then this happens. :(

definitely a person that should be admired. he was certainly someone that cared more about others than himself. he's gonna be missed, dearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back