Even Chevron Admits Man Made Climate Change is Real

95% of people will admit it's real. There's just no stats to show what percentage is man made. That, and climate change really isn't that big of a deal.
You go take a trip to Venus and tell me climate change isn't a big deal

Notice how these billion dollar bank companies (who do their research) still have no problem loaning out billions on long term loans for beach front property?
Oh, that's a real topic and a lot of people are worried. One of the issues is that insurance companies are going to bail while the same jackoffs from 2008 play another round of mortgage hot potato. Your reasoning does not match recent history. A looming mortgage crisis tends to increase risky behavior. So reform is needed, and we may have a couple of decades to handle it, which is probably not enough time considering our behavior. You say everything will be just fine, but that's not how crises play out. They happen and then we react. We rarely get out ahead of things.

I actually agree with you on some key things here,

but your example is bad...

Bankers also gave loans to every Tom dick and jerry and spurred the largest economic recession in us history.

Yea they fucked up then... much more stingy with loans now. Banks wouldn't loan money for beach side property and insurance companies wouldn't insure them if global warming was as big of a threat as some claim

Yea they fucked up then... much more stingy with loans now. Banks wouldn't loan money for beach side property and insurance companies wouldn't insure them if global warming was as big of a threat as some claim

There already is significant premiums for insurance on beach front properties. And lenders require insurance.

So by your test they do realise it's a threat.

There already is significant premiums for insurance on beach front properties. And lenders require insurance.

So by your test they do realise it's a threat.

For reasons of global warming? Or normal threats of living by the ocean? Like humidity, hurricanes, etc

For reasons of global warming? Or normal threats of living by the ocean? Like humidity, hurricanes, etc

Its in their modelling and has been for years, possibly decades.

In 50 year's we will be on to better energy sources and look back and laugh at how big of a deal people made global warming (or is it climate change now? )

The term climate change was in use as early as the 1970s when Exxon carried out their own research into the matter.

Exxon1.png

Exxon2.png

Exxon3.png

This is the price of being alive, I'm afraid.

The term climate change was in use as early as the 1970s when Exxon carried out their own research into the matter.

Exxon1.png

Exxon2.png

Exxon3.png

Yea I'm sure those documents are super real.

And back in the 70s they called it global cooling lol

Yea I'm sure those documents are super real.

And back in the 70s they called it global cooling lol

They're super-real, man!

And I mean... The Earth's greenhouse effect was recognized in the 1860s by Irish physicist John Tyndall, the first paper on atmospheric CO2's impact on surface temperature was published in 1896 by Nobel Prize winner Svante Arrhenius, the Keeling Curve (see below) has been around since 1958, the first report by the National Academy of Sciences landed on President Johnson's desk in 1966, Exxon carried out its own internal research in the 1970s (yup), the Intergovernmental Panel was established in 1988. It isn't really that recent and the politicization of it is a two-way street.

Best advice would be to read venerable, apolitical scientific journals and research papers instead (Nature, Science, Journal of Atmospheric Sciences). You'll find that it's very real, sans all of the fanatical rhetoric which is somehow attributed to scientists. Over "funding", or something. That funding already exists, has existed and will exist because there is inherent value in the sub-sub-field of little old climatology. It's not going anywhere regardless, so if alarm bells are ringing, there's probably something wrong and it has nothing to do with politics.

https://scripps.ucsd.edu/programs/keelingcurve/

95% of people will admit it's real. There's just no stats to show what percentage is man made. That, and climate change really isn't that big of a deal.
How isn’t it a big deal when the majority of people in the world live near the coasts?

It still boggles my mind that so many believe that we should do nothing or still cling to the notion that we need "more research ".

Ok...lets agree to more research , how about in the mean time we act as if it is real...and take steps to mitigate it...

If it turns out to be a hoax or false alarm, great ....

If it isn't a hoax....then great we were prepared .

It still boggles my mind that so many believe that we should do nothing or still cling to the notion that we need "more research ".

Ok...lets agree to more research , how about in the mean time we act as if it is real...and take steps to mitigate it...

If it turns out to be a hoax or false alarm, great ....

If it isn't a hoax....then great we were prepared .

I'd say it's since been exported as well.

gqbtwtR.jpg

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - A Chevron attorney said in court on Wednesday that the company supports scientific conclusions that humans are causing climate change, a response to a lawsuit that accuses five major energy producers of misleading the public for years about their role in global warming.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ate-science-in-u-s-lawsuit-idUSKBN1GX185?il=0

Not in an internal email, not is a recorded meeting, but in a legal proceeding. Pretty big deal, imo. Hopefully we can get moving towards trying to abate this coming disaster.

He posted while still driving his oil burning gas guzzling mode of tranportation daily

I didn't realize it was still up for debate.

I thought the debate was on the severity and the solution (if there is one.)

Back