Social Event hall refuses interracial wedding because of religion

Yeah, because Muslims are breaking down the doors to get married in Churches instead of Mosques.

Nooo. But they are discriminating based off of their religion so there is that.

"Were" being the key word there.

Yes, medieval times were medieval. Care to explain why one religion has evolved, and the other has not, despite all the same opportunities of "enlightenment"?

Isn't Uganda 85% Christian? It hasn't evolved very much IMO, it was pulled from the legislative framework of nation states and its influence on all areas of society has been greatly eroded; that has run parallel with the unstoppable social, scientific and technological progress brought on by the scientific revolution and enlightenment. There was virtually none of that from Constantine to Shakespeare.

Isn't Uganda 85% Christian? It hasn't evolved very much IMO, it was pulled from the legislative framework of nation states and its influence on all areas of society has been greatly eroded; that has run parallel with the unstoppable social, scientific and technological progress brought on by the scientific revolution and enlightenment. There was virtually none of that from Constantine to Shakespeare.

Everything is worse in Africa. That is hardly a bellwether for anything.

Im not surprised.

Alabama had the shit in their books until 2002ish.

I got married a year after.

Funny, when YT, FB, etc bans certain people and certain speech it doesn't agree with, all I ever hear the left say is, their business, their prerogative. Don't like it, start your own.
What happened to that? Or is it very selectively applied?

Big difference between the content of someone's speech vs the color of someone's skin.. the fact that you think those two examples are equivalent is beyond moronic..

Good Evening IGIT,

Your post gave me the insta-guilt one feels when he realizes he should have been empathetic rather than judgemental, so I watched the video.
I was expecting Granny Clampett based on our post. She's not that old. She's just a bigot and a fake Christian, not some old lady from another age.

Best,
AUR
She looked pretty old and pretty dumb. She's still wrong but, sometimes you just gotta let stupid people be stupid.

I haven't seen data on Hispanics, but the data on AAs I've seen suggests you're quite wrong. You can check the pew link I posted earlier for comparison.

The data you cited was about Millennials. Not old folks.

My own wedding would be denied by this church, but honestly I wouldn't want to celebrate one of the most important events of my life in a shitty place like this anyway.

Are people really getting worked up about some random racist bitch? Is the venue really that great?

Perfectly in line with the historical position of many Christian Americans, and even today among white people 50 and older in the US, support for interracial marriage is still the minority position. It may be surprising, but it should be surprising that it's surprising.

But not in line with millennial whites who support it more than any other group. Not surprising. That article is also a decade old and many of those people are probably dead now.

Also, it is a status issue. Of course many people want to marry up and not down. People want to marry Asians and whites. Duh.

Last edited:
Lmao @ Mississippi. What a shithole state.

"Numbers 12:1,9-15 Then Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married (for he had married a Cushite woman).

So the anger of the LORD burned against them and He departed. But when the cloud had withdrawn from over the tent, behold, Miriam was leprous, as white as snow. As Aaron turned toward Miriam, behold, she was leprous."

https://literalbible.blogspot.com/2007/03/god-curses-miriam-with-leprosy-for.html

Cush = Ethiopia

Funny how people who call themselves Christians (and I'm a follower of Jesus and his teachings BTW) use the Bible to justify racism, but they always gloss over the above passage and those espousing peace and love for your neighbor.

Last edited:
hiya AUR,

she seemed kinda old to me. old and living a kind of insular life in Mississippi.

i'm not condoning the lady's worldview - i find it abhorrent - i just get how she could be that way...and i felt it was kind of slimy (to approprirate JVS' term) to head down there with the intent of making someone look like the second coming of David Duke.

as noted in the linked piece;

The owner of the venue then posted an apology on Facebook, explaining they had met with their pastor and discovered no Bible passage forbidding interracial marriage.

“The revelation was apparently quite surprising for the author, who referenced being taught that races should remain separate while growing up,” Newsweek wrote, paraphrasing the Facebook apology.

they're open to learning, and there was a sincerity to their archaic worldview that i found touching.

there's hope for them.

- IGIT

That's pretty much the best outcome you could have asked for.

"American Muslims"...

Okay, and the rest of the 1.8 billion? Nothing to see there? Odd, how Christianity is a bigger religion, and yet you can't point to any truly fucked up Christian culture of any significance around the globe. Oh', but this elderly racist lady from the deep south is now the official representative...

Yeah, she's an old racist lady from the South...and? What's the overall message of the thread here?

Well. I mean, as a citizen of the United States the highlight of separation of Church and State is an important thing for me.

And the fuck did you quote American Muslims. I know a fuck ton around here.

Also I don't see interracial relationships coming up as an issue in Muslim countries. Could you link me to some? I'll gladly decry them as I do this, but as a patriot, I find issues like this worth reading and discussing. Continue your whataboutism though. It's cute.

"Were" being the key word there.

Yes, medieval times were medieval. Care to explain why one religion has evolved, and the other has not, despite all the same opportunities of "enlightenment"?

French Revolution changing Western History forever? That might be fun to research.

But Christianity has been used to justify some heinous shit in the United States. From the genocide of Native Americans, to keeping human beings in chains, so on so forth.

What happened to thurisaz or whatever his name was? He claimed to be a Christian, and also spoke out against interracial couples. I tried to tag him to explain his position but to no avail.

Try again.

I'll be back later to check on the progress...

Caught it. The study is bullshit and all over the place.

Millennials "very" supportive of interracial marriage from "each group":

Blacks: 88%

Millennials with "high levels" of support of interracial marriage based on "race/ethnicity":

Blacks: 85%

{<huh}

Oh' and they also cancel out their own wording, by claiming the study was conducted with people who were "fine" with interracial marriage in both instances. Not "very supportive", or "high level of support", but "fine with"...in both studies. And they only included "Asians" in one of them, for some reason...

Fuck your "data".

This was easy to see coming. Bigots just using religious exemption laws as an excuse, like always.

http://huffp.st/x8AfEDD

The owner backed down after the internet got all pissed off. Claimed they didnt know the bible allowed interracial marriage.

The woman sounds racist, to which I believe she should be entitled.

It's a private business and she should be allowed to refuse whomever she decides.

private company. they can refuse service to whom they want. if you dont like it build your own wedding hall

Back