Ever driven 400 horsepower on the street?

lol, I have these exact tires on my turbo Miata track car. absolutely love them. only good for a few track days though

Friend had them on his Ariel Atom, they are incredible but I'm just not sure I want to spend 1.2k on tires basically every year.

my kid has the ZL1 Camaro, 650hp.
it's really a track car and almost undriveable on the street.
fucking beastly.

Friend had them on his Ariel Atom, they are incredible but I'm just not sure I want to spend 1.2k on tires basically every year.
I see Atom's at Laguna and Sonoma all the time. About ready to buy a Radical myself but worried about parts, maintenance, etc.

LOL... No, I bought it through Manheim Auctions and sold it a few weeks later... My mother and sister used to work for them. They have since moved on closing my window to dealer priced vehicles.

Are you a member over at ls1tech.com ? I've been over there for about 12 years.

295 or 285 Pilot sport 2s and had 305 Nitto 555s on the rear thru most of the summer. This summer I'll probably get a set of weld 17s and some MTs for the strip.

What are you driving?

555R or just the street tires?

Do you get traction at low speeds?

LOL... No, I bought it through Manheim Auctions and sold it a few weeks later... My mother and sister used to work for them. They have since moved on closing my window to dealer priced vehicles.

Oh sold flipped lol.

No I stay off car forums, just search the Vette forums from time to time.

If you have that kind of power in your vehicle, do that on a track. Do not compromise normal people who are simply trying to live their lives.

I see Atom's at Laguna and Sonoma all the time. About ready to buy a Radical myself but worried about parts, maintenance, etc.

The ecoboost models should help with that. That's a nice thing about Ariel, super easy maintenance.

What are you driving?

555R or just the street tires?

Do you get traction at low speeds?
My bad - The 555R. 2012 CTSV sedan with intake, cat delete and 3" Stainless exhaust, upper pulley (and tune).

I do. Maybe a little chatter in like a parking lot or something but unless it's rainy the first thing I do when I get in the car is disable traction control. I'll do that with street tires too, but if I don't do it with the DRs it feels like I'd snap the axle or blow the diff out or damage the trans. I just drift around all summer haha.

Try the Toyo R888s for daily use. They’re amazing in the rain, and hook almost as good as a drag radial with none of that annoying noise from picking up all the road gravel.

295 or 285 Pilot sport 2s and had 305 Nitto 555s on the rear thru most of the summer. This summer I'll probably get a set of weld 17s and some MTs for the strip.

Last edited:
Try the Tokyo R888s for daily use. They’re amazing in the rain, and hook almost as good as a drag radial with none of that annoying noise from picking up all the road gravel.
Hey thanks, I'll check that out.

I have driven muscle cars that powerful 400 hp-500 hp but for a daily driver I am fine driving something with 250 hp -300 hp ,even 200 hp is still fun to drive.

I’m a mod there. Is your screen name the same ?

Had an 06 gto and 2013 2ss camaro 400hp is enough but you always want more. It just starts getting to expensive to be worth it for me. Now I'm over all that shit and just see cars as a shit way of spending money and proudly drive around in a prius

I’m a mod there. Is your screen name the same ?

No, It's 99custom ...... I hardly visit anymore since I've quit going to the track. I actually bought my old blue Z/28 from a former mod named Gaunt. I don't think he's over there anymore though.

Back