Ever get bummed that your TV series ended?

Deadwood and Homicide: Life on the street.

Really sucks that they didn't make more seasons of Firefly too. But I never even heard of that show until a couple of years after cancellation, so it doesn't really count.

Edit: Oh, and Futurama.

Seinfeld.

I know it was time to wrap it up after that many seasons. But you have to understand that that was part of my life growing up! That was before Netflix and binge watching and DVR. It was a HUGE event for me and my friends to always make sure we were in front of a TV together to watch Seinfeld on Thursday nights. It was part of my life for like 8 years through high school and then college with really good friends. When it ended it was like the end of an era for us.

I wholeheartedly agree, except some of the last season had a vastly different feel from the rest and it spoiled it.
Yeah, the last season was a bit off .
But I miss Catalina
giphy.gif

I did initially with Boardwalk when I found out it was so Terence Winter could work on Vinyl which turned out to be shit like most expected. Having said that, I haven't rewatched BE since it ended.

My Name Is Earl and Dark Matter really deserved another season.

Rome!

Rome was massively popular. Everyone involved (Actors, director, etc) were pumped and ready to go several seasons. HBO brass felt that despite its great success, the viewing audience wouldn’t continue to be interested in sword and shield period piece and it was a heavy budget, so they ended after two seasons.

Fast forward a little later and we get Game of Thrones and we are like 7 seasons in I think.

Don’t get me wrong, GoT is better, but arome was fantastic.
I will never forgive HBO for ending "Rome" prematurely.

There's still time to bring it back.

I spent the last three seasons of Dexter just waiting for it to be put out of its misery.

Not at all. I watched the series much later, after the show had concluded and when I read reviews, I was surprised so many people were so pissy about it. Sure, it perhaps wasn’t as good as the first few seasons, but to say it was terrible and whatnot, I don’t think so. Still a great show and is in my top 5.

The Sopranos
The Wire
Dexter
Boardwalk
#5 is a mix of a bunch of shows.

Not at all. I watched the series much later, after the show had concluded and when I read reviews, I was surprised so many people were so pissy about it. Sure, it perhaps wasn’t as good as the first few seasons, but to say it was terrible and whatnot, I don’t think so. Still a great show and is in my top 5.

The Sopranos
The Wire
Dexter
Boardwalk
#5 is a mix of a bunch of shows.

Seasons 6-8 of Dexter are some of the most precipitously dropped-off TV I've ever watched. The only thing that compares is 24 after season five.

Five years seems to be the magic number. Very few dramas can maintain even a respectable level from year six on.

So much went wrong after season five with Dexter, whether it was him NOT SHUTTING UP with the narration, or increasingly improbable and coincidental run-ins and relationships with other killers. That origins story with Charlotte Rampling was just terrible. They were so out of ideas that flowed naturally from the characters. And if Dexter took a piss, he'd narrate the walk to the bathroom, the urination itself, and zipping up his fly.

I’m still upset Terriers never went more than a single season. I suggest you watch that series if you never have. It would’ve been simply an all time great.

Mission Hill and Oblongs for me. RIP.

AbsoluteChiefDolphin-max-1mb.gif

Seasons 6-8 of Dexter are some of the most precipitously dropped-off TV I've ever watched. The only thing that compares is 24 after season five.

Five years seems to be the magic number. Very few dramas can maintain even a respectable level from year six on.

So much went wrong after season five with Dexter, whether it was him NOT SHUTTING UP with the narration, or increasingly improbable and coincidental run-ins and relationships with other killers. That origins story with Charlotte Rampling was just terrible. They were so out of ideas that flowed naturally from the characters. And if Dexter took a piss, he'd narrate the walk to the bathroom, the urination itself, and zipping up his fly.

I had no qualms with it. I’ve gone back and rewatched the series and i still enjoyed it.

I was emotionally invested in the show and couldn't abandon it.

Oh, I saw it through to the end for similar reasons. Same with Sons of Anarchy. I would just be shaking my head at the end of an episode, but had come so far with the bloody show that I had to finish it off.

Back