Everybody with Mcgregors style has Elite Takedown Defense

They all have karate backrounds and use a different distance than your average boxer/muy thai fighter.
They are different types of karate and cejudo and GSP are wrestlers. And machida is almost entirely a counter striker

I can see it now. When he loses you guys will hang on that he defended some takedowns. He was winning until Khabib got lucky with that one takedown, right?
bro who you think you are? lmaoooo you dont know me. im a man of integrity if MacG loses i take that L like a man

that being said, this fight got me hyped

They are different types of karate and cejudo and GSP are wrestlers. And machida is almost entirely a counter striker

Stick to basketball kid, you said they were nothing alike.

I wonder why Cejudo has excellent takedown defense...

bro who you think you are? lmaoooo you dont know me. im a man of integrity if MacG loses i take that L like a man

that being said, this fight got me hyped
When he lost to Nate, the fans here carried on about how he was winning the fight. Same with the Mayweather fight.

How in the fuck do GSP/Cejudo have a similar style to Conor???
I assume he's talking about Cejudo's new found karate stance, and GSP's gi and headband.

Of the five fighters TS listed though, I think Chuck is the craziest comparison.

Barboza before Khabib fight was consider as fighter with one of the best TDD in lightweight division. Then Khabib and Lee took him down.

STiff as a board... nobody said he had good TDD.
Jab-Donald-Cerrone-vs-Edson-Barboza.gif

He can say that all he wants but he's still an Olympic wrestler and that's where his strength is.

Why you think he credits his title win to his karate training... and not his Olympic wrestling....????Exactly.

He credits his title win to his karate training... not his Olympic wrestling.
And anyone who watched his DJ fight knows that's bogus because he got outstruck in almost every single round and takedowns were what won him rounds

Last edited:
Why you think he credits his title win to his karate training... and not his Olympic wrestling....????Exactly.
You should probably just stick to Pokémon

I assume he's talking about Cejudo's new found karate stance, and GSP's gi and headband.

Of the five fighters TS listed though, I think Chuck is the craziest comparison.

giphy.gif

ufc57slomocouturekod.gif

Both counter strike? both karate backround? both good takedown defense and movement? Ya, craziest comparison ever... oh and the touch of death they both got. o_O

GSP probably has the furthest apart style from conor other than straight up grapplers.

That's his fault for being an idiot and not doing the good ol proven method of running.

Yeah do all the "mewvement" you want, but rolling around the grass with Ido Portal won't build your gas tank at all

Dude, I find it fucking crazy the amount of fighters that dont do “road work” religously.

This was the way the great boxers of our time never ran out of gas. They all ran 5mi runs in the morning before breakfast and dont even call it a “workout” but a pre requisite to the days training regimen. Not to mention 20min jump rope seasions daily so the legs/calves never tire in a bout.

Now if a fighter runs 5mi he has to make an instagram/twitter post telling everyone they are “getting it in”, LoL.

Back