Everyone is ripping on Conor for not being tested 6 months before fighting which is fair, but was...

People are freaking out about something that hasn’t even happened yet. Not a Conor fan but the guy has the right to take what he needs to take to get his leg healed proper. Also if you read his tweet he apparently disclosed whatever he is taking to USADA. What he is doing is allowed, and whatever USADA and the UFC decide for his return will also be allowed. Get over it people.
You’re right. But I think the issue is, judging by the “eye test”, he’s on anabolic steroids. So shouldn’t he have been tested for the past year, at least a few times?

Because it seemed like okay Count doesn’t want to fight the monsters in Romero and such and suddenly GSP is available? It was very strange because GSP beat him and retired again because of stomach issues but was ok to fight LW Khabib
GSP's stomach issue was colitis, which can develop after changing a specific regimental diet. Obviously GSP gained weight trying to bulk up to 185 for his fight with Bisping. Also, a natural remedy to colitis, is intermittent fasting. I have heard GSP went to a OMAD diet, which also causes significant weight loss. Challenging Khabib also came years later, so the timeline fits.

He was, do you think people wouldn't have mentioned it many times?

Why did the UFC allow Count to pick and choose?
They didn't. Not sure why there's this narrative on Sherdog that Bisping was allowed to pick and choose his opponents and duck contenders. Well, that's a lie, I do know why, but the reason is hardly rooted in reality.

He fought whoever the UFC told him to fight. He fought Hendo because the UFC wanted to capitalise on the first fight and draw a big crowd in the UK, then they allowed GSP to opportunity to become a double champ.

Neither fight was made as a favour to Bisping, both Dana and Bisping have said multiple times that Bisping never asked to fight anybody his entire career, and he never turned down an opponent that was offered to him.

Reading through the Conor bullshit made me realize I hope he fights soon and often. After being excited for what he might do after seeing him fight for the first time vs Brimmage (sp?)it is clear at least to me that he is a dumb unmotivated money sucker. Sure he is rich, but we will see where he is in 10 years. But I do hope he fights often so I can enjoy all the beating he will be catching from anyone he fights with any talent and hunger. Fuck McMoneyfucker.

GSP tested 6 months before fighting count Bisping? I’m just curious if this rule applies to retired fighters or not?
Yes he was back in the USADA pool. Specifically stated he did not want an exemption.

How does a massive upper body weight gain heal your leg? Are the steroids that help build massive amounts of muscle the same as what help bones heal?

I would imagine Conor is cocktailing in this advantageous time to heal and be not tested

People will always complain about fighters that they don't like and turn a cheek when it's someone they do like.

I think everyone knew Conor would be pumped up with whatever was needed to heal his leg. His mobility is going to really be bad after that kind of injury so him switching into strength building isn't surprising. If you sell 1M+ PPV, you get whatever you need and want. Maybe he's going to gain tons of mass then do a hard weight cut to compensate. I don't mind uber Conor if he can turn a tide around in his career and start scoring wins and KOs. It has to be hard to stay hungry and be so rich.

Because it seemed like okay Count doesn’t want to fight the monsters in Romero and such and suddenly GSP is available? It was very strange because GSP beat him and retired again because of stomach issues but was ok to fight LW Khabib

It's not strange GSP told you before he wanted only Bisping for a easy title fight. He's not a real MW champ. When Ping struck lightning and beat Luke everyone begged to fight him. He wasn't top 5 best MWs while having the belt. As was obvious when grandpa Hendo ranked 14 smashed his face in in his first title "defense". Then ww GSP brutalized him, amazing performance btw, and Kelvin retired him for good. Bisping was only a lucky replacement to fight for the title on a 2 fight win streak, split decision against what was his face the Brazilian top 15 MW Thailes Lates something, fought post leg break Anderson and got the worst of it but pointed more 3/5 rounds. Then he struck lightning VS Luke who went in there boxing, he's a shitty boxer, Luke's leg was injured he didn't kick.

Apsolutely deserved title by Bisping, did it with 1 eye, never quit. Most amazing championship win. Happy for him. But he wasn't top 5 best MW while having the title. There was Jacare, Romero Withaker, Kenedy ect.

And GSP held up the division came out of retirement just to fight that champ. Held up the division for like 7 months selfishly. Fake double champ or call it paper double champ.

But GSP despite this cheap move is one of the goats. And Ping one of the toughest MMA fighters in this sports 30 year history. Ping simply was a striker with no 1 punch or 1 kick knock out power. He knocked out Luke. All his other finishes were overwhelming non ranked guys and stopping them with 20 shots in a row. Doesn't have natural power.

Ping is super tough, great Cardio, very good grappling and nice striking skills. And tall. But he didn't have good power for a striker. He would beat unranked guys and always lose the title eliminator to someone. But he tried so much he ended up champ. More then deserved.

Pings power to Cardio ratio is diazesque. Slow twitch muscle fibers. Which are advantageous for endurance.

I would imagine Conor is cocktailing in this advantageous time to heal and be not tested
No need to imagine! LOL
He isn't drinking Corona's as a cure for the corona virus and he isn't drinking Proper 12 to "Heal his leg Proper".

People are freaking out about something that hasn’t even happened yet. Not a Conor fan but the guy has the right to take what he needs to take to get his leg healed proper. Also if you read his tweet he apparently disclosed whatever he is taking to USADA. What he is doing is allowed, and whatever USADA and the UFC decide for his return will also be allowed. Get over it people.

Oh his tweet? Right well that settles it then, no one has ever stretched the truth on social media before.

You silly boy.

That is not necessarily the case though...and even if it was, it doesn't automatically make it fair.

I've said this in other threads...and this is NOT just on Conor, it's on USADA and the UFC too...but why not have fighters like Conor, Silva, etc. remain in the pool and be granted therapeutic use exemptions while still being tested? That way, there is more transparency to the process.

The lack of transparency results in a a lot of questions...Is Conor taking what he told USADA he is taking? Is he only taking what he needs to heal or is he taking more/different stuff too? Is there only a therapeutic effect or will there be enduring performance-enhancing benefits?

Virtually no one opposes fighters being allowed access to whatever they need to heal from terrible injuries like the ones Conor, Silva, Weidman, etc. have suffered...it's the lack of transparency that is the problem, especially when people like Conor post pics that cause almost everyone who sees them to believe he's juicing and gaining benefits that far exceed just recovering from the injury.

Sign him up for Islam. That will be hilarious.
I don't know, according to Colin he has constructed the world's first anti Dagestani wrestling system that would render Islam completely helpless. Lol

Everybody beat me to it but still I would say,yes he got tested

People will always complain about fighters that they don't like and turn a cheek when it's someone they do like.

And when one fighter cheats while the other follows the rules, some people will try to say "look they did the exact same thing"

And when one fighter cheats while the other follows the rules, some people will try to say "look they did the exact same thing"

Everyone plays MMA politics for their favorite fighters. Shit, i know I do it and do whatever it takes to justify my position like the bias fan I am.

Back