Fabricio Werdum is "done. You'll never see him in the UFC again" - Ali

Ali is being a manager. That's all fine and well, and I understand he's gotta say what he's gotta say. He should have ended the argument at "He did not cheat". The rest of that argument was about as dumb as people can get. Why would a guy use performance enhancers at a time in his life when his body is at its least able to heal, perform, improve, and become stronger.
The message he is trying to get across is "Jon Jones got off even tho he cheated,you best believe we want open doors to that kind of power,because I manage a bunch of your guys."

Well he got the offer for a snitch reduction and turned it down. If he didn't want to be a snitch, he could have just ratted out Jon Jones and they wouldn't have done anything with the information anyway.

Or just said he does blow with Jon Jones, apparently doing blow is legit excuse these days.

one of the other orgs will throw money at him for sure. hope he can secure getting a low 6 figure deal

He was paid handsome sums of money by Ramzan Kadyrov just to make appearances in Chechnya. Them, Bellator or One FC will be throwing money at him on the open market.

“Fabricio Werdum’s next fight is probably going to be in Russia. USADA needs to do what they need to do. Fabricio has a family, he has children, he has kids — he’s gotta do what he’s gotta do, because USADA, that’s a broken system. At the end of the day, I know the UFC is with USADA, but I believe USADA is now hurting the UFC. They’re not helping.”

“I think Fabricio’s done. You’ll never see him in the UFC again. … They need to do what they need to do, but at the end of the day, Fabricio has to do whatever he needs to do for his family. I know Dana’s tough, but these guys have hearts. They understand this is his only source of income. Now Fabricio’s 41. After his suspension ends and he comes back, he’ll be 43. What is he going to do? If they open a senior league, we’ll wait. But Fabricio Werdum did not cheat, you understand? How stupid are you to cheat at 41 years old?"

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/1/2/1...cio-werdum-done-youll-never-see-him-ufc-again

Dude has a legit claim to HW GOAT imo.
----------------------------------------------
AHtkMEx.jpg
I’m not surpise. He already failed his drug test. If he didn’t fail his test, I think he would’ve stayed.

Guy has made millions if he invested right he would only need to fight because he wants to.

Werdum was pretty much washed up anyway and no longer competitive in the UFC HW division. Let him leave, make a stink, "save face", and earn a little more money fighting cans/other washed-up fighters in other countries. Nothing to see here; move along.

Jarl

I think Ali is actually on point here. Usada has really messed some things up and giving a guy a 2 year suspension for roids seems way excessive. Roided up werdum would be awesome to watch in rizin.

Werdum is a hypocrite. Remember how he said overeem was such a cheater?

His only source of income? Doesn't he have jiu jitsu schools all over Croatia?

Manager looking out for his client's interests. How horrible.

Yeah, their interests... so they can evade USADA and get roided to the gills... how honorable.

Bellator HW Champ if he can beat Vitaly
Probably come down to a striking match most likely. I'm sure he knows who Werdum is, wink wink. Can't say why though, ill be hated on but still a huge fan of that guy, and watched the match live rooting for him.

“Fabricio Werdum’s next fight is probably going to be in Russia. USADA needs to do what they need to do. Fabricio has a family, he has children, he has kids — he’s gotta do what he’s gotta do, because USADA, that’s a broken system. At the end of the day, I know the UFC is with USADA, but I believe USADA is now hurting the UFC. They’re not helping.”

“I think Fabricio’s done. You’ll never see him in the UFC again. … They need to do what they need to do, but at the end of the day, Fabricio has to do whatever he needs to do for his family. I know Dana’s tough, but these guys have hearts. They understand this is his only source of income. Now Fabricio’s 41. After his suspension ends and he comes back, he’ll be 43. What is he going to do? If they open a senior league, we’ll wait. But Fabricio Werdum did not cheat, you understand? How stupid are you to cheat at 41 years old?"

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/1/2/1...cio-werdum-done-youll-never-see-him-ufc-again

Dude has a legit claim to HW GOAT imo.
----------------------------------------------
AHtkMEx.jpg

nah, Werdum never once dominated the HW division, he had a lot of great wins scattered between some really disappointing losses. For sure one of the best, but he's not even above Big Nog as far as best HWs of all time.

With that said, kind of hope Ali is right. If he is suspended for 2 years and he'll basically be too old by then, hopefully the UFC lets him go to go compete in Russia or Japan. I think the Volkov fight was enough to show me that Werdum is no longer going to be a title challenger (maybe he is, HW sucks lol)

Werdum is/was a top 10 heavyweight love him or hate him. Having a talent like him out of a thin division isn't good for anybody.

Back