"Face the brutes." That is a lesson for all life - face the terrible; face it boldly.

TeddyRoosevelt

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
"Human is something to be surpassed." - Nietzsche

Gentleman (and any gentle ladies that are left around here): Teddy has returned; Teddy has decided to log again.

Training: Teddy is currently training for a kickboxing match (scheduled for September 2014), and for a marathon (scheduled for November 2014). Teddy might also compete in a submission grappling tournament or two in that time, if the opportunity presents itself. Teddy has never run a marathon, so this is interesting. Teddy will be running the marathon with his sister (who is a good deal slower than he), so it will probably be a slow-paced marathon.

Life: Teddy is currently in the prospect of taking a prospective new job, which would require a move. The job would be a "terrible" job (policing the housing projects of one of the major metropolises in the U.S.), but one I am reasonably excited about. For the time being, I am policing elsewhere. I do work night-shift, so that has an effect on my training/sleeping (I don't get in as much of either as I'd like).

I'd link my old logs, but I can't find them (is Sdog deleting old logs now?).

Any questions, feel free to ask.

6/30/14

1 hour kickboxing:

Drilling.

1 hour no-gi drilling:

Drilling.

1.5 hour no-gi class:

Technique work; then rolling.

Last edited:
7/1/14

1 hour kickboxing:

Drilling.

1 hour no-gi drilling:

Drilling.

1 hour no-gi class:

Technique work, then rolling.

7/2/14

1 hour kickboxing:

Drilling; 5x2 min. rounds of sparring.

1 hour no-gi drilling:

Drilling.

1.5 hours no-gi class:

Technique work; then rolling.

7/3/14

120 minute run:

Just a slowish job. Not currently tracking distance; just time.

You are wondering about Teddy posting in third person. You are also wondering why nobody ever talks about yourself in second person. Why skip from first to third?

You are glad to see Teddy back, but are concerned about the amount of running.

Jaunty welcomes Teddy back.

Jaunty is too kind, but always welcome here.

You are wondering about Teddy posting in third person. You are also wondering why nobody ever talks about yourself in second person. Why skip from first to third?

You are glad to see Teddy back, but are concerned about the amount of running.

Teddy sometimes finds narrative perspectives to be baffling, but would expect no such confusion from Skynet.

Last edited:
7/7/14

1 hour strength work:

OHP; single arm DB rows; lateral raises; curls; core work.

1.5 hours no-gi:

Technique work, then rolling.

Ah what a coincidence. I was just listening to this.

[Yt]DnfSoaJxe3Y[/MEDIA]

Hi, Ted ♥

too much ? I never know.

Congrats on the upcoming new job posting.

Don't get got, my man.

Hi, Ted ♥

Too much? Nowhere near enough. I've missed you, B.

Don't get got, my man.

Thanks, babe.

Thank you, sir.

Your Sherdog-Fu sucks apparently :)

It's been so long, I have lost all recollection and skill.

Your prospective new job sounds stressful. What do you find reasonably exciting about it? If you don't mind my asking.

It's a fair question. I used to work in the city and loved it; there's a pace that is unmatched elsewhere, legitimate calls to handle, and real people in need of real help. And I like to believe that I got into law enforcement because it was the area of public service where I felt like I could be most effective and would be most needed; so it was nice to be working in an area where I felt like I was doing some good for people in need.

Since then, I moved out and worked for a university in a much smaller city, and despite the better pay, I haven't been particularly satisfied with my working environment. So the prospect of getting back into a job where I actually feel like a legitimate public servant is exciting.

I see what you're saying, my wife has a similar feeling about her new job. She's a social worker and after 10 years working frontline jobs (first a youth drop-in center and later a shelter) she is now working a desk job and sometimes she misses the faster paced work and the face to face interaction with youth.

7/14/14

1 hour no-gi drilling:

Drilled.

1 hour no-gi:

Technique work; then rolled.

90 minute run:

At 3:00 am, my new preferred running time.

7/16/14

1 hour no-gi drilling:

Drilled.

1 hour no-gi:

Technique work; then rolled.

Back