Facts AND logic. Dana explains why Colby deserves the next title shot

Hey, it's MMA. Nunes and Izzy and to some even Aljo were almost sure to retain. Every fight is a risk, which is why it's so important to not do circus bullshit.

And we should ALREADY have never heard of Colby in a title fight, so I can't say for sure he won't be even if he loses to Leon. Watch Shavkat get the title and Dana quickly scrambling to say "Colby is getting the shot because he said he was the only one willing to fight him before."
Well it is MMA, and worse than that it is UFC so.... you could be entirely right.

Leon refused fights until he got a NC against Belal and then got a title shot off a win over Nate. some of that time was COVID, some of that was matches falling through, and some of that was Leon not willing to fight certain people. just like Colby has been doing.
if he hadnt beaten Usman, he would be getting similar complaints from Sherdog about being gifted a title shot.
do you not remember the amount of shit Leon got for being inactive?
"He refused fights."
"Some of that was matches falling through," oh, so you mean the fights he was refusing fell through? That's weird how he wasn't taking fights only for those fights he apparently didn't take to fall through.

Colby was willing to fight NO ONE. Leon didn't want to fight an unranked guy that he still agreed to fight 3 times.

Leon was going to be in 2 title eliminators that got canceled. He already had a top 5 win sheet the first one and could have got the shot back then, but the rest of the bookings were 'stay busy' stuff or attempts to popularize his name. He didn't even get the shot for beating Nate like everyone bullshits, he was going to fight Jorge next, but Jorge pulled out, just like Nate did he first time, and just like Khamzat did to him twice.

It's nowhere near the same, and even if it was, there's STILL a better contender than both of them were who is getting screwed right now

"He refused fights."
"Some of that was matches falling through," oh, so you mean the fights he was refusing fell through? That's weird how he wasn't taking fights only for those fights he apparently didn't take to fall through.

Colby was willing to fight NO ONE. Leon didn't want to fight an unranked guy that he still agreed to fight 3 times.

Leon was going to be in 2 title eliminators that got canceled. He already had a top 5 win sheet the first one and could have got the shot back then, but the rest of the bookings were 'stay busy' stuff or attempts to popularize his name. He didn't even get the shot for beating Nate like everyone bullshits, he was going to fight Jorge next, but Jorge pulled out, just like Nate did he first time, and just like Khamzat did to him twice.

It's nowhere near the same, and even if it was, there's STILL a better contender than both of them were who is getting screwed right now
lets not be coy here: the amount of shit Leon got prior to being the champ for being inactive was a ton. i saw it all over the innernets and on here too before i decided to make an account and stop lurking. Leon DID refuse to give Belal a rematch after that NC, which i think was kind of unfair to Belal. if they had done the rematch and Belal had beaten him, he may have been able to get a title shot off of that.
im not saying that Leon was as bad as Colby because he wasnt and still isnt. but im also not of the opinion that Leon is 100% the victim here.
i think that the UFC is really hoping they can book Belal vs someone who beats him because they dont want him anywhere near that belt. they might give him a shot begrudgingly after Leon/Colby but i can just as easily see them set up some random fight for Ian fucking Garry and have him fight for the belt instead.

Dana is a psychopath. He will say anything to justify getting what he wants. The 'reason' is but a tool... this is why he ends up contradicting himself so often. He doesn't actually have any values, or systems in place. He wants what he wants, and he'll say whatever to get it.

I'll tell you guys why Colby is getting a title shot. It's because Dana made this deal with Colby, to not press charges against Masvidal for the sucker punch incident.

Dana said something like "Drop the charges, and I'l promise you a title shot next. No matter how long it takes".

There's no other reason why Colby would be able to sit out for one and a half year, and get a title shot.

and of course, Dana is trying to make what he says sound like common sense.

You think any reporter dares to disagree with him? They'll get banned from UFC press events. Can't make a living covering Bellator.

In this organization we have to get used to consume whatever Dana wants, and it is always about money, not merits.

Dana is a psychopath. He will say anything to justify getting what he wants. The 'reason' is but a tool... this is why he ends up contradicting himself so often. He doesn't actually have any values, or systems in place. He wants what he wants, and he'll say whatever to get it.

I'll tell you guys why Colby is getting a title shot. It's because Dana made this deal with Colby, to not press charges against Masvidal for the sucker punch incident.

Dana said something like "Drop the charges, and I'l promise you a title shot next. No matter how long it takes".

There's no other reason why Colby would be able to sit out for one and a half year, and get a title shot.

and of course, Dana is trying to make what he says sound like common sense.

You think any reporter dares to disagree with him? They'll get banned from UFC press events. Can't make a living covering Bellator.
Why would dana want jorge's charges dropped? Assuming they did (they didn't at least not yet). Jorge is not even in the ufc. So far, the trial has only been pushed back.

Why would dana want jorge's charges dropped? Assuming they did (they didn't at least not yet). Jorge is not even in the ufc. So far, the trial has only been pushed back.
Dana is friends with Masvidal?

Masvidal is part of Donald Trump's campaign for presidency? Dana is a big Trump supporter?

And also Masvidal made Dana a shitload of money? And they're business partners now on some level. Gamebred FC is on UFC fight pass right?

TL, DR - Money

I though Leon fought Nate and Belal. Did he take 2 years after that?

Yes, it's absolutely bad reasoning.

Because there's a guy out there by the name of Belal Muhammad who has beaten 3 top 5 fighters.
To be fair, no one cares about Bedal which is why no one spoke.

I though Leon fought Nate and Belal. Did he take 2 years after that?
No, in fact he was gonna fight Jorge before getting the TS but Jorge pulled out due to an undisclosed "injury" and like 2 weeks later Jorge vs Colby was announced, this is typical Dana bullshit.

Colby given title shot to back off of Masvidal confirmed.

<EdgyBrah>

As far as undeserved title shots go I really don't mind this one. It's a fresh matchup that's interesting stylistically and would be huge for either guy to win. Just give Belal the winner
I agree, just seems like belal will have to fight another opponent as Edwards rarely fights. I agree, tho. This seems like Colby's last time for a title fight. Might as well squeeze that lemon

The premise is false, he’s actually got it completely backwards. Leon waited 14 months for his shot while Colby is waiting 21. So actually Leon is closer to a year and Colby is closer to two years. Even funnier Edwards longest period of inactivity (during a pandemic) in that time was still less than Colby’s current period.

Secondly, Edwards was riding on the strength of a 10 fight unbeaten streak with 0 title shots while Colby is riding a 1 fight win streak after already trying and failing at two title shots. And he sat out just as long as Edwards did for his second shot already, again on a 1 fight win streak.

Just patently false equivalence and poor reasoning.

Outside of burns who else was a top 5 fighter that belal beat? Brady was 7?

Here's a reason.

Tyron...was almost retired 38 years old.

Mas... basically retired 38 years old.

Lawler...on his way out, and yeah you guessed it...38 years old.

That's Colby's last 3 wins.

And that's worth his 3rd title shot sir?

Back