Fake News: Iconic Crying Migrant Girl Was Never Separated from Mother, Says Father

Well you see it's 2018 and things move a lot faster now. They're trying to sell magazines and subscriptions of course they're supposed to pick a good picture.

Stories are reported as they happen and the vetting happens after.

It was a good picture for the story, that's all. It's almost certainly not a lie and certainly not some conspiracy, like everything else the consequence of human incompetence and light-speed data transfer.

DHS own statistics show they have over 2000 children in captivity.
I know I was hoping you'd wig out. WTF happened to you man!

It was implied, but you’re posting from it right now.
bff

Who would have guessed?

the entire topic of this thread is based off of a Breitbart article ya goof

conservative morons
I've mentioned multiple times that it's moved beyond that origin you dolt, keep digging, I would love to bump this thread.

Journalists aren't supposed to just pick a "good" picture for the story. They're supposed to verify its accuracy.
Times knew exactly what the image was about. They interviewed the photographer an issued out a damage control piece. The only issue is that, we really dont know when the interview took place. Am I to believe that they JUST did the interview to clarify that they are indeed fake news before or after the daily mail story broke? The timing is awefully suspect, and they probably sat on the truth for a while.

plain and simple, they lied and waited to get caught. They got caught sooner rather than later.

The narrative is that the separation of children at the border is happening in cases like the Honduran (sp?) one as a matter of policy that Trump had full power to control (as proven by his EO) , so the fact that one picture was bs, does not change the entire narrative. There also appears to be cases where it has happened to asylum seekers, even when they legit presented themsleves (although I am not sure how pervasive that is).

The "narrative" I was referring to there was that asylum seekers who present themselves legally at a port of entry are being mistreated as a matter of policy. There is no evidence for that.

It's possible CBP mishandled the Congolese woman's case (still unknown), but that says nothing about broader policy.

Also, Trump does not have "full control" over this situation. He can either release the family units into the interior of the country within 20 days, or he can temporarily separate adults from minors until the adults are processed. Neither choice is ideal. The right solution can only come through legislative modification of TVPRA and the Flores Settlement Agreement. So far only the Republicans have proposed attacking that core issue; the Democrats are playing politics with their Senate bill, which would have the effect of codifying "catch and release".

I've mentioned multiple times that it's moved beyond that origin you dolt, keep digging, I would love to bump this thread.
so you really are saying you dont believe that 2000 children have been separated from their families?

Im literally done with these goons lol, they will believe anything

See what I mean @nac386? Bunch of bozos just hoping to “get you.”

Ha, looks like you have the nak to draw the biggest bozos of the bunch. Oh well their probably doing you a favor. Consider how many good books a one could read or inspiring hikes a guy could take rather than posting 24/7 like some of these whack jobs.

Well that’s where you’re confused. I didn’t complain about anything. You said you wanted to fix the root of the problem & you were willing to pay more taxes toward it. I offered a solution.

No I'm not confused. And no you didn't offer a solution.

<Dany07>

Fake news strikes again. I wonder if the Russians got to that photographer...

The "narrative" I was referring to there was that asylum seekers who present themselves legally at a port of entry are being mistreated as a matter of policy. There is no evidence for that.

It's possible CBP mishandled the Congolese woman's case (still unknown), but that says nothing about broader policy.

Also, Trump does not have "full control" over this situation. He can either release the family units into the interior of the country within 20 days, or he can temporarily separate adults from minors until the adults are processed. Neither choice is ideal. The right solution can only come through legislative modification of TVPRA and the Flores Settlement Agreement. So far only the Republicans have proposed attacking that core issue; the Democrats are playing politics with their Senate bill, which would have the effect of codifying "catch and release".

The picture has nothing to do with your view on the policy discussion. The picture being fake was not used to represent your first sentance at all. It was used to represent separation after an illegal crossing. That's actually happening. So the picture being fake is not relevant. You asked me what narrative I was talking about, I explained, and u respond with the narrative you want to debate. It's a bizarre form of straw manning at this point. Again I'm like

{<huh}

Back