Fallout TV Series (Premieres April 11)

The whole premise and backdrop is bananas. If someone comes expecting realism, then yeah, they are going to be upset.

I guess what I'm saying is that, this show isn't on par with say, House of the Dragon or The Boys. Those shows are way more fantastical (and vv0k3) but it's easy to suspend disbelief. For Fallout, I have to actively remind myself to suspend disbelief.

I guess what I'm saying is that, this show isn't on par with say, House of the Dragon or The Boys. Those shows are way more fantastical (and vv0k3) but it's easy to suspend disbelief. For Fallout, I have to actively remind myself to suspend disbelief.
Can’t really argue about someone being able to suspend disbelief or not. That’s a personal thing. I’m more capable of believing a world like fallout, than a magical one. Though its campiness gives it such a zany vibe that I can understand how some could feel like you do too.

played the shit out of this game for years. Watched the first episode last night and might impressed by the exactness of it all, even down to the mindless violence.
Looking forward to 2nd episode.

I tried Fallout 3 back in the day and I just never got into it. I guess this series is gonna be big with fans of the games because as someone who wasn't into the games, it was really bland and boring tbh.

Just felt like every other Amazon show.

I got through episode 1 and most of 2 before I turned it off.

Good to see fans of the games are happy though.

I gues if you're really into the lore there's more depth in there but on the surface it was pretty meh.

I tried Fallout 3 back in the day and I just never got into it. I guess this series is gonna be big with fans of the games because as someone who wasn't into the games, it was really bland and boring tbh.

Just felt like every other Amazon show.

I got through episode 1 and most of 2 before I turned it off.

Good to see fans of the games are happy though.

I gues if you're really into the lore there's more depth in there but on the surface it was pretty meh.
i was a little bored by the early episodes too but stuck w/ it & got hooked as more pieces of the puzzle started to trickle out.

i was a little bored by the early episodes too but stuck w/ it & got hooked as more pieces of the puzzle started to trickle out.

It just feels like your typical poorly thought out show. It's a violent post apocalyptic wasteland but the big bad guy is a 55 year old chubby woman who would get killed in the first five minutes, the vault has never been opened in hundreds of years but it's literally an elevator ride away and you open it by pushing a big red button, the armour guy and his squire find the cave where the fugitive was by accident in five minutes, the fugitive also runs into the protagonist on her first night out of the vault....

Edit: thought of a couple more. The fugitive escapes the lab by speed walking past the sentry gun that just sort of misses him and then gives up, the knight guys suspect the black guy of sabotaging the trans person and then immediately give him her promotion after a short speech... all you have to do to figure out if someone is a wastelander is point your pip boy at them to measure radiation and even though the little brother suspects them, rather than discreting testing them for radiation he goes off and checks their vault, the pip boy doesn't just have a radiation alert that goes off automatically, you have to maually test for it..

I dunno. It just wasn't very well written.

Last edited by a moderator:
It just feels like your typical poorly thought out show. It's a violent post apocalyptic wasteland but the big bad guy is a 55 year old chubby woman who would get killed in the first five minutes, the vault has never been opened in hundreds of years but it's literally an elevator ride away and you open it by pushing a big red button, the armour guy and his squire find the cave where the fugitive was by accident in five minutes, the fugitive also runs into the protagonist on her first night out of the vault....

Edit: thought of a couple more. The fugitive escapes the lab by speed walking past the sentry gun that just sort of misses him and then gives up, the knight guys suspect the black guy of sabotaging the trans person and then immediately give him her promotion after a short speech... all you have to do to figure out if someone is a wastelander is point your pip boy at them to measure radiation and even though the little brother suspects them, rather than discreting testing them for radiation he goes off and checks their vault, the pip boy doesn't just have a radiation alert that goes off automatically, you have to maually test for it..

who was that?

Last edited by a moderator:
man this girl has enormous eyes.
Yes, but it makes look her look different. I think she's cute af.

Ella_Purnell_Serpentine_Summer_Party_2017_%28cropped%29.png

ella-purnell-v0-nfuytm8o79k81.jpg

The whole premise and backdrop is bananas. If someone comes expecting realism, then yeah, they are going to be upset.

They have actually done a better job at realism than some marvel movies. The vault dweller cutie had that first fight and it was almost realistic.

The only director to ever do realistic women-beating-men scenes that I can recall is James Cameron. When he had Sarah Conner fight men she always used weapons, surprise and viciousness rather than movie star karate; her fight scenes were convincing and looked like they could actually happen. The fallout fight with her husband was only slightly less convincing; he toyed with her a bit too much but otherwise it was good.

But yes this show is meant to be fun and over the top and they do a decent job

Your observations are on point. The Fallout games seem more realistic than the show, but the makers of the show want to be as loyal to the games as possible so they kind of dropped the ball.

The werewolf made the Power Armor dude his lil bitch but a couple of pew-pews by Denzcar and it was dead. How convenient was it for that knight to be a total douche and a pussy so that the audience can agree on Denzcar killing him to progress his story right away? And how come the knight knew exactly where to land where it was near the fugitive's rest stop? How did Denzcar know it was the fugitive's rest stop and the knight didn't??? None of the Brotherhood events make any sense lol.

Last edited:
Back