Fallout TV Series (Premieres April 11)

Watched it and it was firmly Okay, a 6/10

Not very funny but well made and cool looking

Felt like Reference Olympics here and there

Through 2 episodes and they were both great. I'm impressed by the details and effects.

The ambient music is great too. I don't mean the 1950's songs that play like 5 times each episode (this does have it's charm but they did it a bit too much imho) but the actual background soundtrack. They also incorporated some of the games tracks into the show which was a nice little touch

Well, goddamn. My brother and I binged watched the entire thing. I absolutely loved it.

The thing, I've been an avid Fallout Boy since literally the initial preview for the original game in PCGamer. The whole concept resonated with me and I had the original game literally on day one.

The point is, I'm immensely biased. As much as I dug it, and thought it was a painstakingly accurate adaptation, I really wonder how it resonates with people completely unfamiliar with the game.

The callbacks and Easter eggs are absolutely insane. The lore/aesthetics are literally unchanged from the games. The effort to be faithful was immense.

Last edited:
Jinx is actually really cute. I didn't know the actress but the voice got me right away and realized she was Jinx from Arcane. She's like a young Zoey Deschanel.

Finished season

Alright very good 8/10, final episodes 9 out of 10

Exceeded my expectations by far

Like i said earlier quality of video game adaptations have gone up a lot, if they keep this up i might actually look forward to video game adaptations when they announce them

Less music in next season please, it fits "lone wolf walking in wasteland" scenes but it takes away from scenes that should be dramatic

Holy shit i just realized i started this thread years back

it held my interest but i don’t get the references or implications. will def watch s2

Well, goddamn. My brother and I binged watched the entire thing. I absolutely loved it.

The thing, I've been an avid Fallout Boy since literally the initial preview for the original game in PCGamer. The whole concept resonated with me and since I had the original game literally on day one.

The point is, I'm immensely biased. As much as I dug it, and thought it was a painstakingly accurate adaptation, I really wonder how it resonates with peole completely unfamiliar with the game.

The callbacks and Easter eggs are absolutely insane. The lore/aesthetics are literally unchanged from the games. The effort to be faithful was immense.

I'm clearly a FO mark. I'm it's target audience. I think it's great so far. I've been watching it with my lady who doesn't game and she thinks it's really good. It's appeasing two different audiences which isn't easy to do considering the IP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back