Fans Booing Nate Diaz in older fights

I was booing him in his lost recent fight. Guy didn’t even look like he’s trying against Paul

I think a lot of newer fans don’t remember when the young Diaz brother show wasn’t a bunch of punk ass behavior. It attracts a certain crowd.

However I can speak for myself in that I did a 180 on them, from actively rooting against them to appreciating their authenticity to who they are.

mma-chat-leon-edwards.gif

Everybody loved Diaz cuz he did triangle chokes
Back in the day it was all about the triangle

dude, Nick Diaz used to be the intro to Joe Rogan's podcast. the Diaz bros were fan favorites for a long time. when Nick sparked Lawler back in the day it really was "viral" for back then.

I know before fans would never mob nate in public before the conor fights but after ufc promoted him and paid him bank and now millions of followers.

The first time I saw Nate live was in Phoenix vs RDA . Nate had more people cheering for him than any other fighter in 2014... and that card had JDS, Stipe, and Overeem.

Nate changed a lot over the years

His boxing wasn't really that impressive to me until after the Michael Johnson right.

Up until that point, I think he felt like a bad characiture of his brother.

But he came into his own. And this is around the same time that his popularity spiked.

I'm not sure he was good enough prior to that point honestly.

But he really started to encapsulate the Diaz bro style around the point between Michael Johnson and Conor.

Unfortunately, he also wasted 3 years of his prime.

I know before fans would never mob nate in public before the conor fights but after ufc promoted him and paid him bank and now millions of followers.
Well yeah, that was one of the crazier upsets in the sport lol

Nate made himself by clowning Conor in the pre-fight trash talk, and then clowning him in the cage on short notice.
He set the wheels motion with the call out after beating Johnson. It's funny before that call out he was fighting for 20-20 and fighting often with a loyal but small fan base. Then Coner happened and he went to barely fighting while commanding huge pay days and becoming 1 if the sports biggest stars

Nate and Nick were always polarizing. Way before the Conor fight Nate had a huge and passionate fanbase, and passionate haters.
That said, most of the people that think Nate Diaz is legitimately unintelligent are insanely dumb.

They're showing a lot of his old fights and during the Marcus Davis fight the crowd is booing Nate and chanting "Diaz Sucks".

My how things have changed for the Diaz brothers image ever since the Conor fight, especially Nate.
Crazy to think there was ever a time where Nate wasn't a fan favourite.

That fight was in Boston, and Marcus Davis is “Irish”, so all the “Irish” fans in Boston were supporting him.

Back