Media Fans have had enough of dumb grounded hand/knee stalling, want based Asian One/Rizin ruleset

Get rid of this dumbass rule?

• Total voters
Really I think the main reason you have knees and soccer kicks as rules isnt to see them used but rather because they stop people doing certain things.

Honestly you could argue they might even make the sport safer because they limit how much peopel turtle presenting the back of their heads to opponents and so increase shots to the back of the head. Look back to Pride and how many fights did we see issues about back of the head shots? very few come to mind. You just can't take that position with knees and soccer kicks, either you fall back to open guard or the ref stops it.

Last edited:
Several fighters couldn’t even exist under the global ruleset in ONE or Rizin. I don’t blame them for taking advantage of it, but it completely stalls a bout. If you can knee someone in the clinch then kneeing them on the ground is fine.

Kicks and knees to the head from a standing opponent are too dangerous dude.

Knees to the head by an opponent who has one foot/knee on the ground is a good trade off I think

I think soccer kicks can never be legal, the highlights will be too brutal for the general public and will for sure create outrage as it looks like soccer hooligan bs.

Grounded knees seem ok though.

We ALL know shite tier unified rules and scoring are watered down MMA and PRIDE, One, Rizin have the highest level and logical infrastructure but will UFC change?

Totally agree. I won’t blame Aljo for fighting within the rules but it’s very annoying to watch a guy who is in a little trouble be able to hide by putting himself in such a vulnerable position. It would be like not being allowed to hit someone who doesn’t have his hands up.

Knees to the head by an opponent who has one foot/knee on the ground is a good trade off I think

They’re dangerous but the only reason fighters are in that position is because it’s safe. Guys would get out of there at all costs if they knew they are gonna start eating knees.

Nonsense. How many fighters have been seriously hurt from a grounded knee in ONE FC? Exactly. They are arguably safer added to the ruleset as mentioned above.

I think soccer kicks can never be legal, the highlights will be too brutal for the general public and will for sure create outrage as it looks like soccer hooligan bs.

Grounded knees seem ok though.

It looks barbaric but soccer kicks keep the fight honest . Knees on downed opponent too. I’m just against biting, gouging, scratching and nut shots.

Disagree 100%. The rules are in effect to protect the fighters health. It is good for the fighters and good for the fans. Your favorite fighter is still active because his head was not crushed by an opponents knee.

I do not understand these threads; almost as dumb as the "all fighters should be allowed to take steroids" threads.

Several fighters couldn’t even exist under the global ruleset in ONE or Rizin. I don’t blame them for taking advantage of it, but it completely stalls a bout. If you can knee someone in the clinch then kneeing them on the ground is fine.

The truth is that it is a dumb rule, but it's a well known rule and there are still other ways to make fighters pay for going on all fours the way Aljo did; but Henry was too afraid to engage and go for a darce or try to land punches or try to take aljo's back etc etc.

Last edited:
At no point in the entirety of the UFC tenure have MMA fights been "fights." There have always been limitations.

Back