Media Fans have had enough of dumb grounded hand/knee stalling, want based Asian One/Rizin ruleset

Get rid of this dumbass rule?

• Total voters
Current rules are garbage. People have been complaining for a while but it’s actually here now. All the top level fighters are fighting completely risk averse

Hardly. At least they changed the rules (in most states), as it used to allow for only one hand (or one finger) to constitute grounded. In Nevada and most other states, it's been two hands for some time.

That said, I don't mind there being a grounded opponent rule (as in, I don't really care), but I do think it should be altered to state that only a knee/hip constitutes "grounded." A hand shouldn't validate.

I rarely seen soccer kicks used the right way (to prevent ground stalling)

I always see it being used after a knock down to finish someone.

There's a ton of ways to finish a downed opponent, you don't need soccer kicks.

What aljo did vs Yan was degenerate tho.

He failled a TD and then grabbed Yan's hand and took a knee in support of BLM.

That position is degenerate, you only kneel in from of a man like that if you wanna propose or suck him off.

In a correct ruleset he would just have been forced to go on his back or go for the legs.

The rules are fine. It’s a sporting contest, not a street fight.

You guys really want to make a rule that makes it harder to get back to your feet and promotes rolling towards your back instead or driving forward being offensive?

Disagree 100%. The rules are in effect to protect the fighters health. It is good for the fighters and good for the fans. Your favorite fighter is still active because his head was not crushed by an opponents knee.

I do not understand these threads; almost as dumb as the "all fighters should be allowed to take steroids" threads.
Protect the fighters? If you care so much about fighter safety then surely you are all for banning MMA entirely, right? Or do you want to equip the fighters with 69oz gloves and full knight armor to keep them safe? We tune in to see combat and violence not a bunch of guys assuming unnatural combat positions to avoid strikes that makes sense.

We can all want it but I see there being many roadblocks to getting it allowed in the States. Hell, unified rules mma was only just allowed in all 50 states in 2016. May be able to pass it some places but could severely limit where they could go. That drastic of a rule change is not something you want changing show to show.

At the end of the day no matter how many pussy fans it has this is cage fighting it's about brutal KO's and submissions. We need fewer restrictions and bring back the great KO's like the ones Silva and Shogun had

Protect the fighters? If you care so much about fighter safety then surely you are all for banning MMA entirely, right? Or do you want to equip the fighters with 69oz gloves and full knight armor to keep them safe? We tune in to see combat and violence not a bunch of guys assuming unnatural combat positions to avoid strikes that makes sense.

We need a sport that has basic safety standards so fighters can fight multiple times per year and retire without CTE. Should we allow groin strikes, strikes to the back of the head, and eye gauging? There has to be some basic protection for the fighters. The UFC has plenty of "combat and violence" with the rules currently in place.

We ALL know shite tier unified rules and scoring are watered down MMA and PRIDE, One, Rizin have the highest level and logical infrastructure but will UFC change?

this 100%. UFC rules are the weakest, don't simulate an actual fight at all, and the fact that they've could been using Colorado to do this, blows my mind. UFC protects/rewards wrestling, wrestlers, infinite double legs, combined with cage stalling makes the product inferior. Fans are slowly waking up here, which is ridiculous, but they are slowly waking up. There should be no way in Hell, that you can't knee a wrestler shooting a double leg, when you sprawl on top. How does that not make any fucking sense. Also knees from side control. Fights would look totally different if that was not allowed. Also Herb Dean / ONE was 100% right in breaking up the cage stalling in the MM match up as well. That kind of enforcement is needed. UFC is in a bad spot now. Few stars, bloated multiple cards, decision suck fests, Raul Rosas Jr promotion, terrible judges decisions, are the norm now. They are about to get their market share taken away. No one wants to watch or support that bullshit. My friends used to be hardcore MMA/UFC types and now we barely watch UFC cards because they fucking suck ass. Fuck the Sean O'Malley types, Fuck Aldjoe, and fuck this new inferior product.

People is used to see punches or kicks and other basical stuff

What the people is not used to see is someone getting soccer kicked in the face, because when you can do it to someone it means that he's not defending anymore and you are fucking abusing him.

This sport must have some rules to prevent death into the octagon.

Soccer kick it's like a fatality dude

We need a sport that has basic safety standards so fighters can fight multiple times per year and retire without CTE. Should we allow groin strikes, strikes to the back of the head, and eye gauging? There has to be some basic protection for the fighters. The UFC has plenty of "combat and violence" with the rules currently in place.
Any strike in any position should be allowed as long as its not to the back of the head/eye gouging. So yes, headbutts, groin strikes, punches, elbows, kicks from all angles, directions and positions. Good times. Professional prize fighters who has trained their whole lives for this and who are living their dream while making life changing money doing it do not need protection, imo.

Cyborg got his skull crushed by MVPs flying knee. Name a situation where a grounded knee did similar damage. You are an idiot

Says the internet tough guy who has never competed in anything in his life. Fighters do not complain about the rules because they know they are in place to protect them.

Hey you fans that want this rule change…

How many athletic commissions in the US allow knees to the head of a grounded opponent?

Come on you guys you should be able to answer the question.
ONE FC did it in the USA, so why not?

People are so mad Aljo beat their boy Cejudo they want to bring back groin strikes and eye gouges.

Any strike in any position should be allowed as long as its not to the back of the head/eye gouging. So yes, headbutts, groin strikes, punches, elbows, kicks from all angles, directions and positions. Good times. Professional prize fighters who has trained their whole lives for this and who are living their dream while making life changing money doing it do not need protection, imo.

Absurd statement from someone who has never competed. imo.

I've been saying this for over two decades now. Unified rules suck and were originally created to favor American wrestlers.
This is a really good point. Right now people are talking about how wrestling is the greatest single element of MMA, but I think that would change if you were allowed to punish a lazy ass TD attempt with a knee to the face.

Disagree 100%. The rules are in effect to protect the fighters health. It is good for the fighters and good for the fans. Your favorite fighter is still active because his head was not crushed by an opponents knee.

I do not understand these threads; almost as dumb as the "all fighters should be allowed to take steroids" threads.

Did you see what Anderson Silva did to Rich Franklin? Or what Jorge did to Askren? Should that be legal?

Back