Fascistization of Cable News

I don't know how you figure that. About 10 people itt completely flipped their shit on him. He's basically king of rustle mountain, without that even being the intention of the thread.

Ah, the old "hahah you mad"

Very fitting. Intentions aside, we have uncovered an even greater cause.

America's political system is in shambles and the media is the conductor of mass knowledge. Enemies are identified in discourses and the news is what transmits who are enemies and friends. The only way for America to regain order is for there to be a clear enemy and for that enemy to be dealt with. Trump is an enemy right now for some, but he might not be the enemy for long. Enemies always seem to change and its easy for a foreign enemy to replace a domestic one.

You have to admit it's pretty weird that you and others entered the thread not to express disagreement or agreement with the OP, but to prevent an on-topic discussion. Seems like this is a subject that some people really don't want to see hashed out. Might be worth thinking about why that might be.

Your american Media is so loony and out of control it's laughable. It doesn't even matter the side, the entire MSM is out of whack. When I'm on vacation, and I turn on the hotel TV to CNN the music playing is almost always some type of dramatic 'Work you up' type sound bite. The giant capital headlines. The entire thing is a tabloid and in many ways a scare tactic. Your news sucks.

America's political system is in shambles and the media is the conductor of mass knowledge. Enemies are identified in discourses and the news is what transmits who are enemies and friends. The only way for America to regain order is for there to be a clear enemy and for that enemy to be dealt with. Trump is an enemy right now for some, but he might not be the enemy for long. Enemies always seem to change and its easy for a foreign enemy to replace a domestic one.

This is a good post.

Your american Media is so loony and out of control it's laughable. It doesn't even matter the side, the entire MSM is out of whack. When I'm on vacation, and I turn on the hotel TV to CNN the music playing is almost always some type of dramatic 'Work you up' type sound bite. The giant capital headlines. The entire thing is a tabloid and in many ways a scare tactic. Your news sucks.

It's really sad, but America has lived in a state of paranoia since at least WWII.

"uneasy lies the head that wears a crown."

You don't seem to understand the question. It's just a simple logic question, and it has a logically correct answer that is pretty easy to deduce.

The correct answer is that it is a fallacy. The consideration given to opposing views cannot be logically based on the fact that they are opposed. There are no infinities in the logic. The consideration given to opposing views is based, primarily in this case, on the profit generated.

The profit generated by opposing views is a function of their entertainment value, primarily.

The result of this is that by chasing profit, US media has created the most profitable controversies, rather than the logical or meritorious ones.

This twin practice of identifying opposing points of view and selecting the most profitable ones not only damages journalistic integrity, but benefits the irrationality of the Trump administration because the journalistic process selects for illogical controversies.

Good post. Exactly. They need each other. They make the other more relevant. It is like the Tao, when people see things as good, other things become bad. You create the concepts of good and bad just by saying good. Or bad will catch up soon. And that is what they are doing. If CNN was conservative, Fox would have started as liberal. lol. and vice versa. There are room for at least 2 people in the market. Just like politics. 2 parties.

And they are making money on it; that is why they are doing it. It really isn't more sinister than that.

“When people see some things as beautiful,
other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good,
other things become bad.”
Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

It's really sad, but America has lived in a state of paranoia since at least WWII.

"uneasy lies the head that wears a crown."
Lived in a state of proudness and prosperity actually. The only ones paranoid are the ones thinking that their progressive disease isn't spreading fast enough.

Greatest nation on Earth. Greatest of all time and you sad sacks act like this country has never had anything good about it. Open a history book.

People just need to get smarter. If you want to get completely biased right-wing Media news, then you watch Fox News. If you want a slight lean left you go to MSNBC. If you want something more down the middle then you look at CNN or the cable networks. But unfortunately people are not smart enough to realize this.

You start by asserting that people can't have knowledge, and therefore it can't be debated.
You failed your first sentence in. No point in taking this any further. I asserted people couldn't have knowledge? When? About what? What's that even mean?

Lol @ the idea that you can just label someone a liar because you don't agree with their position

Leftists are disease-ridden cucks. I'll explain more, later.

Intellectual consistency checks out.

Are you even capable of posting anything but bald ad hominems and running away from anything resembling factual or substantive discussion? How exactly have you not been banned for being worthless, yet?

Are you even capable of posting anything but bald ad hominems and running away from anything resembling factual or substantive discussion? ....

I'm not sure if I'm flattered or insulated having a particular style of disingenuous argumentation named after me. Fuck it. I'm puting it on my resume.

Who really watches cable news? Old people?

Anyone with half a brain knows that these news networks aren't "news".. more like a dear diary session for like minded people and dirt bags that cater to the lowest common denominator. They are ratings generators for advertisement dollars.

I think Hunter Thompson put it best:

The TV business is uglier than most things. It is normally perceived as some kind of cruel and shallow money trench through the heart of the journalism industry, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs, for no good reason

What a disgusting analysis of the subject lol. Not surprised that a shitposter like HomerThompson would cite JVS either.

JVS who claims that CNN was more favorable to Trump > Clinton during the election .... LOL LOL

I have quite a few issues with cable news. Ensuring that both sides of an issue have equal time to explain their thoughts is not one.

I remember watching Al Jazeera at in the cafeteria at work back in 2011.

There was strong coverage of what was going on by the minute in Tahrir square during the Arab Spring.

Some guy got pissed that a couple of us were watching Al Jaz and bemoaned "I can't watch this shit."

He then turned to the station to Foxnews/CNN (it doesn't really matter). During that time, their lead story was "Will Charlie Sheen leave Two-And-A-Half-Men?"

This is why US cable news is broken.

People just need to get smarter. If you want to get completely biased right-wing Media news, then you watch Fox News. If you want a slight lean left you go to MSNBC. If you want something more down the middle then you look at CNN or the cable networks. But unfortunately people are not smart enough to realize this.

MSNBC “slightly left”?????

You can’t be that stupid, right?

I think this thread would have been better off if homer just stuck to paraphrasing the link. It's so obviously biased and poorly written it just hurts the intent behind the OP.

Back