Fastest, easiest way to lose weight

The burden of proof is on you. Can you find a study where protein / calories are matched and the keto group lost significantly more body fat? It doesn't exist. People lose body fat on ketogenic diets because fat is satiating and the diet is naturally restrictive, thus people eat fewer calories. There's nothing magical about it.

The burden of proof is on you. Can you find a study where protein / calories are matched and the keto group lost significantly more body fat? It doesn't exist. People lose body fat on ketogenic diets because fat is satiating and the diet is naturally restrictive, thus people eat fewer calories. There's nothing magical about it.

I agree completely. And I have no clue what that has to do with thin-fat.

BTW --- thin-fat is no joke. Ever run into someone who can seemingly eat as much junk as they want and they don't appear to gain weight? "Oh look at Jim. He can eat whatever he wants and he doesn't gain any weight!". Meanwhile when Jim hits 43 and dies suddenly, "I can't believe Jim is dead. He's so young and he could eat anything he wanted and never gained any weight!".

I've looked at a lot of MRIs of abdominal organs that are impacted in visceral fat and it's disgusting. THere are multiple reports of pathologists finding that subjects with peritoneal cavities full of fat often have multiple organ diseases and abnormalities. It's not exactly shocking that people with shit diets have multiple health problems, but people don't usually expect that thin individuals with terrible eating habits are that unhealthy.

I'm not a keto advocate. I'm a "stop stuffing your mouth with sugar" advocate.

Sure, you can limit the calories and lose weight, no doubt. But if the majority of what you eat remains sugar (and processed food which contains sugar) then you won't be healthy, even if thinner. TOFI can be a result of a shit diet, even if the calories are fine and the person *looks* thin and healthy.

I'm not a keto advocate. I'm a "stop stuffing your mouth with sugar" advocate.

Sure, you can limit the calories and lose weight, no doubt. But if the majority of what you eat remains sugar (and processed food which contains sugar) then you won't be healthy, even if thinner. TOFI can be a result of a shit diet, even if the calories are fine and the person *looks* thin and healthy.

I agree to an extent. I think moderation is key. The modern diet includes a fuckton of sugar, which obviously isn't ideal. That doesn't mean smaller amounts of sugar / carbs aren't beneficial.

For instance, Dan Buetner from National Geographic did a study on "Blue Zones". These are the areas that include the oldest living populations and who are statistically the healthiest.

ALL of these Blue Zones share key components, healthy social life, lots of activity, their lives had purpose later in life, primarily plants based diet (with some meat) that includes quite a few carbs. And they don't over eat.

I think that last part is the most important. They rarely stuffed themselves.

I agree to an extent. I think moderation is key. The modern diet includes a fuckton of sugar, which obviously isn't ideal. That doesn't mean smaller amounts of sugar / carbs aren't beneficial.

For instance, Dan Buetner from National Geographic did a study on "Blue Zones". These are the areas that include the oldest living populations and who are statistically the healthiest.

ALL of these Blue Zones share key components, healthy social life, lots of activity, their lives had purpose later in life, primarily plants based diet (with some meat) that includes quite a few carbs. And they don't over eat.

I think that last part is the most important. They rarely stuffed themselves.
Thanks. I'm pretty sure those carbs came from bread, fruits and vegetables, rather from refined sugar or HFCS. That's key to me - choosing the best sources of carbs. Carbs as such are fine, of course.

Back