Favorite “he almost had him” moment?

Good call.
Vitor-Belfort-Armbars-Jon-Jones-UFC-152.gif
I was screaming like a mad man for Vitor to break his arm.

In fact, I literally said the phrase, "Pull a Mir/Sylvia!"

Came into the thread just to see how long it took before someone posted this.

This is the winner. Undisputed. Imagine that, all he had to do is just stand there and he would have collapsed and not been able to continue. But he went in for the kill..

62646_10151594895826276_1331200373_n.jpg

1_0_standard_709_0.jpg

Shael was less than 30 seconds away from winning the LHW belt. He really does have shit for luck.

I can not imagine living with this. He was 2 minutes away from becoming a champion and being the guy to dethrone a long reigning GOAT, but had a brain fart after 23 perfect minutes.

Then he almost becomes the first man to dethrone ANOTHER long reigning, UNDEFEATED goat candidate. Literally all he needed to do was notice Jones toe and point it out to the red, and be crowned champion.

So so so fucking close two separate times....he promised his dying father he would become champion. Soul crushing

Imagine that, all he had to do is just stand there and he would have collapsed and not been able to continue. But he went in for the kill..

I wonder if he was overplaying his injury to counter punch an unexpecting, rush-in?

I was screaming like a mad man for Vitor to break his arm.

In fact, I literally said the phrase, "Pull a Mir/Sylvia!"
consider the significance of the fight it's right up there with the biggest "almost moments" in the history of the sport if not the biggest.

I wonder if he was overplaying his injury to counter punch an unexpecting, rush-in?

nah man, he collapsed in agony immediate after the fight was stopped. he wasnt faking at all, just managed to tough it out like a fucking champ for one heroic punch

Back