Favorite non firearm Home defense weapon

Fist of Asia said:
Home defense?
My 150lb GreatDane (which is overly friendly) and my 30+lb Jack Russell-cross (whom out of actual aggression will bite) and it's so cool where i live to have big dogs like Great Danes cos' the Muslims are SHIT SCARED OF THEM(the Muslims in my country are such dumbasses), a 5ft bamboo pole and butcher knife, my younger brother armed with a full can of insecticide.. sufficient i should think

You are an idiot, what country are you in? Why are you so afraid of muslims?

I have tactical folders (usually carry one in my pocket).
I have a cutco hunting knife in my night stand.

DaleCaliente said:
You cant beat a good solid baseball bat.

As long as the burglars aren't armed with shotguns and I have my rottweiler and a baseball bat I feel pretty secure

Clint07 said:
A samurai sword or something of this basic design. It's fairly safe to keep around the house if you have children and such (compared to a gun). With a blunt object, they person can always try to bum rush you and take it but thats not a very good idea for them with a sword.

problem is that swords arent' really made for closed quarter combat (indoors). It's like trying to swing a bat at somebody inside a fully furnished room. probably not going to be the most effective. although it might keep them at bay.

JTone418 said:
problem is that swords arent' really made for closed quarter combat (indoors). It's like trying to swing a bat at somebody inside a fully furnished room. probably not going to be the most effective. although it might keep them at bay.

why would you ever have to swing a sword like a bat? people don't walk around with heavy plated armor where i live. a nice 2 inch jab or short 5inch slash with a sword will easilly take a lot of people out. i am not saying to use a full size battle sword of 5ft, but a 36" or less will do fine, with a 26-30" being a good size for indoors.

JTone418 said:

This is because most people have the wrong sword.

If you have a OMG KAWAII ^___^ SAMURAI NINJA JAPANU SWORDU, yes, it's not going to be too effective in very close quarters (or at all, for that mater), but a good rapier and some skill could be a very efficient weapon.

Of course, none of these are even a fraction of the effictivness of a good shotgun with 00 buckshot.

Well, I have a number of knives (hunting, folding, and a bowie) and a machete that I normally keep next to my bed. If I was awoken by burglars in the night, I would probably reach for one of those. I have a cavalry saber as well, and while it is sturdy enough, it is not made for combat and doesn't have an edge, although the point is quite sharp. It would be awkward to try and use it indoors in any case.

tazer.jpg

these things are illegal here, but so is breaking an entering so fuck em :icon_twis

I keep a left over gatorade sqeeze bottle from class filled with a mixture of nitrate sulfate and gasoline in my closet with a pack of matches next to my alarm clock im sure you know where im going with this one

I have 2 large hunting knives and several Bokken (Wooden Samurai swords) of different sizes in my room as well as my pride and joy, a hand made Katana. A Katana can be used at close quarters you just gotta know how. They wont get past the point anyway if you know what you're doing so should be easy to keep em at bay.

i think a nice katana would be best, and if you were well trained in the martial arts and practiced , you would be alot more deadly than any of you idiots with a baseball bat or a chain saw lol, maybe unless you trained armys of people trained in chainsaw combat for hundreds of years and developed equivilent effeicency of people highy trained in sword combat

Back