Fedor Emelianenko, Georges St. Pierre or Jon Jones - Who's the more complete fighter?

Out of these 3, who's the most complete fighter?

• Total voters
I’ll agree with you with HW, but LHW that is an opinion, I believe the LHW were much more competitive across PrideFC/UFC but it’s all stylistic matchups. Ortiz & Couture would’ve beaten Wanderlei Silva, Shogun would probably beat Ortiz I don’t know about Couture. Rampage would beat Chuck, and given from what Rampage says about Ortiz during training there is a high possibility Ortiz beats Jackson. Shogun probably beats them all though aside from Couture i think.

Rampage was a better wrestler and striker then Ortiz. Rampage vs Couture would have been nice to see. I have no idea who wins that.

Silva would have beaten anyone, when he was prime in Pride. Pride Silva and UFC Silva were completely different people. Just like Anderson Pride wasn't the same Anderson UFC.

Silva would have beaten anyone, when he was prime in Pride. Pride Silva and UFC Silva were completely different people. Just like Anderson Pride wasn't the same Anderson UFC.
I disagree, Randy Couture & Chuck Liddell were stylistically bad matchups for Wanderlei Silva. I already seen Tito beat Wanderlei for the belt when he came over from PrideFC to the UFC for LHW belt. Pride Silva and UFC Silva fought the same nothing changed other than missing soccer kicks and stomps. His bum rushing while looping punches, Liddell would have slept him in his prime I have no doubt.

Rampage was not a better wrestler than Ortiz at that time. Rampage openly admits Ortiz would beat him in Wrestling & Grappling, Rampage credits Ortiz as to why his wrestling got better .

Anderson Silva wasn’t properly trained and was treated like shit from ChuteBoxe, Anderson was not the same in the UFC because Noguiera & BTT actually cared enough to properly train Anderson.

Shogun Rua would probably fuck up everybody during that time though, he would struggle with Couture.

Jones has out sized mostly all of his opponents, and uses that reach advantage very well. But he's not in the top 3 as far as skill, im sorry

GSP didn't have the mentality of a fighter, so that disqualifies him. He was a great athlete and tactician for sure, but he relied on being several steps better technically and physically to win.

Rampage was a better wrestler and striker then Ortiz. Rampage vs Couture would have been nice to see. I have no idea who wins that.

My money would be on Rampage personally, due to chin/power more than anything, I think it might look a lot like Rampage/Hendo but I don't think Couture would survive the latter rounds.

We’ve seen clean Jones fight and he arguably lost.

As far as I know, Jones tested clean for all of his fights except DC 2 (and the pulsing prior to Gus 2, of course), so how are you determining when Jones was clean and when he was on PEDs? Or is your criteria just, "If he didn't do well he must have been clean"?

I disagree, Randy Couture & Chuck Liddell were stylistically bad matchups for Wanderlei Silva. I already seen Tito beat Wanderlei for the belt when he came over from PrideFC to the UFC for LHW belt. Pride Silva and UFC Silva fought the same nothing changed other than missing soccer kicks and stomps. His bum rushing while looping punches, Liddell would have slept him in his prime I have no doubt.

Rampage was not a better wrestler than Ortiz at that time. Rampage openly admits Ortiz would beat him in Wrestling & Grappling, Rampage credits Ortiz as to why his wrestling got better .

Anderson Silva wasn’t properly trained and was treated like shit from ChuteBoxe, Anderson was not the same in the UFC because Noguiera & BTT actually cared enough to properly train Anderson.

Shogun Rua would probably fuck up everybody during that time though, he would struggle with Couture.
Silva fought the same, but he was much better in Pride. He actually fought a lot like Chuck both were willing to get hit to hit. By the time Silva returned to the UFC both him and Chuck were done.

When Rampage was at his best, Ortiz wasn't the same. People like to make fun of him for talking about his injuries, but he did have multiple back surgeries. Prime Tito vs Prime Rampage I don't know who would win, but they weren't at there best at the same time.

Couture was a wall and stall fighter. A lot of him would depend if they were fighting in a ring or a cage. I don't think he would have done well in Pride.

As far as I know, Jones tested clean for all of his fights except DC 2 (and the pulsing prior to Gus 2, of course), so how are you determining when Jones was clean and when he was on PEDs? Or is your criteria just, "If he didn't do well he must have been clean"?

He tested positive right after DC 1, but to far away for it to count as a NC. If someone tests positive 3 times it is safe to assume they always were always cheating.

If the question isn’t who is the best fighter or who is the goatiest goat… but literally who was the most rounded. Of those three I vote Fedor. He could strike equally as well as he could grapple and as well as he could wrestle. I don’t think the other two, while being harder to beat, didn’t have as many ways to win that Fedor did.

fedor was the only one of the three to fight consistently larger/heavier fighters than himself
Other than Hung man Choi and Zulu
who among these were the "heavier" fighters?

martin lazarov (0-2)
levon lagilava (1-3)
hiroya takada (1-3)
mihail apostolov (0-1)
ryushi yanagisawa (24-25)
lee hasdell (9-14)
chris haseman (20-17)
gary goodridge (23-22)
yuji nagata (0-2)
naoya ogawa (7-2)
zulu (9-9)
hong man choi (4-5)
jaideep singh (2-3)

GSP, the guy who came up as a talented karateka and then became one of the best (or possibly THE best) MMA wrestler ever is clearly the answer here.

Striking? His jab was possibly the best ever in MMA. His footwork, distance control, and variety of skills made him dangerous at any range.

Grappling? He out-grappled some of the best grapplers of his era and made it look easy. He submitted Matt Hughes. He dominated Jake Shields. People forget how dangerous Condit was from his back (Condit had an equal number of finishes by strikes as by submission) and he was never able to threaten GSP at all.

Wrestling? He had incredible TDs. His single leg was a thing of beauty. His power double was dangerous from distance, and he mixed it in so well with his striking that you were on the mat before you realized that punch was a feint. His TDD was also excellent, even against a division full of good wrestlers.

That old saying "jack of all trades, master of none" - GSP was the guy that was legitimately a master of MMA skills of every sort.

Fedor is a close #2, though. His striking was great but not as varied as GSP's, and he didn't mix it quite as well.

Out of these 3 GOATs who do you think had the most complete skill-set?

Fedor 40 wins - by knockout 16, by submission 15, by decision 9.
GSP 26 wins - by knockout 8, by submission 6. by decision 12.
Jon Jones 27 wins - by knockout 10, by submission 7, by decision 10.

View attachment 1016528

View attachment 1016529View attachment 1016531
Prime Fedor was the most complete fighter and is rarely matched to this day in terms of that.

He had excellent striking, excellent clinch work, excellent takedowns and could finish people from both the top or bottom on the ground. Fedor was mauling people in his decisions or finishing them outright. He beat multiple champions in his initial run and had the longest career.

In comparison GSP had high level striking, high level takedowns and top ground game but was average off his back and lacked a sub threat. GSP was winning dominant decisions but not really landing too much fight ending offence. He arguably fought the best competition IMO and avenged his losses in dominant fashion.

Jon Jones had decent striking, high level clinch work and takedowns, great from the top but again lacked the ability to fight off his back. After Jones initial run of finishes, he was predominantly winning 48-47 decisions. Plenty of people took rounds off him and he definitely got the run of the judges later in his career. Best resume over all.

Thread is about most complete skill set. That's Fedor every day of the week.

All three of them have phenomonal ground games.
Only Fedor has the best standup.

Although this is my fav standup by GSP.
He blasts Jay Hieron

Back