Fedor fans check out this New Awesome HL

Pride was overated. You had a bunch of lesser talent guys making exciting fights becuase there not as skilled so everyone thought they were the best in the world becuase there fights were nuts. How many pride guys have had success in the big show? Not many. This thread should be called Fedor nuthuggers check out this new HL

This is false. Pride had the very best until the UFC bought them out. Examples, Chuck Liddell - UFC LHW champion, came over to Pride to fight in their GP. Dana thought it would be Liddell/Wand in the final. Rampage shut Liddell down and knocked him out of the tournament. Rampage then went on to lose to Wanderlei in the final. Rampage lost twice to Wand in Pride, and Rampage came over to the UFC and knocked Liddell out in the first round. A lot of UFC guys wouldn't have kept up with Pride guys all in their prime. Cro Cop when he came to the UFC clearly lost his step and noticeably weaker, his chin was shot from the Gonzaga KO, and he just couldn't cut it anymore. But in Pride he was an absolute animal that would have destroyed the UFC's HW division during that time.

I never disregarded Cro Cop and Nog, if you read my earlier posts, you would know that I said they was his best wins. And Hendo, a legend in the sport, Anderson submitted. Hendo is the same guy that knocked Fedor out in a minute. So yeah, Anderson has plenty on his resume when it comes to Nog and Cro Cop on Fedors. Sakurai - who was regarded as the top P4P fighter in the world at the time, Hendo, Belfort are just to name a few.

Hendo at MW is not the most consistent fighter. He has bricks for fists though and can catch anyone, even more so at HW.

Face it - to beat all those HW monsters and taking the fight to Cro Cop's and Nog's strengths is more impressive to most than smoking Forrest Griffin and submitting Chael Sonnen.

And Fedor's bravery is held in high esteem too. Clowning Maia and Leites is the smart thing to do, but jumping into Werdum's guard is a lot more epic.

This is false. Pride had the very best until the UFC bought them out. Examples, Chuck Liddell - UFC LHW champion, came over to Pride to fight in their GP. Dana thought it would be Liddell/Wand in the final. Rampage shut Liddell down and knocked him out of the tournament. Rampage then went on to lose to Wanderlei in the final. Rampage lost twice to Wand in Pride, and Rampage came over to the UFC and knocked Liddell out in the first round. A lot of UFC guys wouldn't have kept up with Pride guys all in their prime. Cro Cop when he came to the UFC clearly lost his step and noticeably weaker, his chin was shot from the Gonzaga KO, and he just couldn't cut it anymore. But in Pride he was an absolute animal that would have destroyed the UFC's HW division during that time.

Kudos for this post.

Great hl. Van Dam in the beginning scared me a lil

The haters and Goat deniers should have to post their age and wether they saw prime Fedor. Ten years without a loss against the best heavyweights in mma is almost inconceivable.

I never said they was world class wins, I just said he was the first man to legitimately stop them. But whatever the argument, Forrest was a top 5 LHW at the time, just coming off winning the LHW championship with back to back wins over prime Shogun and Rampage. Anderson moved up in weight and demolished him.

Forrest inched his way past rampage and shogun hasnt been prime since pride. Anderson made forrest look ridiculous (which is great) but forrest did nothing after that fight and could barely beat tito ortiz.. beating forrest is no accomplishment for someone who is possibly the greatest of all time. Anderson is possibly the GOAT, but his division was pretty weak. Unfortunately i think the guy who says Jon Jones may soon be the GOAT could possibly be right. it will take longer than 2 years tho.

I never disregarded Cro Cop and Nog, if you read my earlier posts, you would know that I said they was his best wins. And Hendo, a legend in the sport, Anderson submitted. Hendo is the same guy that knocked Fedor out in a minute. So yeah, Anderson has plenty on his resume when it comes to Nog and Cro Cop on Fedors. Sakurai - who was regarded as the top P4P fighter in the world at the time, Hendo, Belfort are just to name a few.

Hendo didn't knock Fedor out in a minute. The round was almost over at that point and right before that Fedor had Dan rocked and in trouble. Regardless, Dan is one of the greatest fighters to compete in the sport. Either way, I don't recall Fedor ever losing to Chonan or Takase, nor were they on the same level as Dan at any point, so your attempt at MMA math is weak. Mach was one of my all time favorite fighters, but he was basically a LW. The dude was like 5'6" or 5'7" ffs! That's not a bad win for Anderson but it's no better than a win like Lindland is for Fedor.

What's ironic is that for anyone who actually watched Anderson fight Sakurai, if that happened in the US under UR Mach might've actually gotten a 29-28 decision considering the TD's he landed and how much time he spent on top.

Funny how everyone calls Fedor the goat and points to his wins over big nog and cro cop. What do nog and crop cop have in common? They both have done shit in the ufc and fedor beating them means hes the goat ha ha ha ha

Nog actually won the title. How is that for not doing nothing

Hendo at MW is not the most consistent fighter. He has bricks for fists though and can catch anyone, even more so at HW.

Face it - to beat all those HW monsters and taking the fight to Cro Cop's and Nog's strengths is more impressive to most than smoking Forrest Griffin and submitting Chael Sonnen.

And Fedor's bravery is held in high esteem too. Clowning Maia and Leites is the smart thing to do, but jumping into Werdum's guard is a lot more epic.

Submitting a prime Hendo is still an unbelievable accomplishment, regardless of the weight class. Fedor beating prime Nog and Mirko are also unbelievable accomplishments but they was his only legitimate wins. Submitting Hendo, front kicking Belforts face off, and defeating the P4P best fighter in the world, Sakurai at the time, are easily up there with Fedors wins over Mirko and Nog. But Anderson has more to boast career wise considering the opposition he's faced compared to Fedor's good wins and mediocre wins. I'm not saying Silva hasn't faced bad competition, he has faced his fair share as well but the competition in comparison of the two isn't comparable. Anderson has accomplished much more than Fedor in his career. That's why I put him as GOAT. Fedor is no doubt, the HW GOAT though.

Pride was overated. You had a bunch of lesser talent guys making exciting fights becuase there not as skilled so everyone thought they were the best in the world becuase there fights were nuts. How many pride guys have had success in the big show? Not many. This thread should be called Fedor nuthuggers check out this new HL

UFC was the lesser talent at the time.Pride was stacked with talent from all over the world.

You have to compare at the time. UFC was saying tim sylvia was the best in the world when fedor was around. Fedor is the goat

and rampage shogun vitor dan hendo have all had success and now josh barnett is still putting it down.

Submitting a prime Hendo is still an unbelievable accomplishment, regardless of the weight class. Fedor beating prime Nog and Mirko are also unbelievable accomplishments but they was his only legitimate wins. Submitting Hendo, front kicking Belforts face off, and defeating the P4P best fighter in the world, Sakurai at the time, are easily up there with Fedors wins over Mirko and Nog. But Anderson has more to boast career wise considering the opposition he's faced compared to Fedor's good wins and mediocre wins. I'm not saying Silva hasn't faced bad competition, he has faced his fair share as well but the competition in comparison of the two isn't comparable. Anderson has accomplished much more than Fedor in his career. That's why I put him as GOAT. Fedor is no doubt, the HW GOAT though.

Anderson beating up on smaller people for most of his career and a very weak MW div takes his legacy down just a notch.

Fedor fought every one and would beat them at their game. anderson didnt want to face hendo again thats why hendo jumped ship.

Silva doesnt want to fight the best. People were calling for him against jones. He refused, that takes away from being the goat imo.

Fedor wouldny of passed up that challenge, no fucking way

Hendo didn't knock Fedor out in a minute. The round was almost over at that point and right before that Fedor had Dan rocked and in trouble. Regardless, Dan is one of the greatest fighters to compete in the sport. Either way, I don't recall Fedor ever losing to Chonan or Takase, nor were they on the same level as Dan at any point, so your attempt at MMA math is weak. Mach was one of my all time favorite fighters, but he was basically a LW. The dude was like 5'6" or 5'7" ffs! That's not a bad win for Anderson but it's no better than a win like Lindland is for Fedor.

What's ironic is that for anyone who actually watched Anderson fight Sakurai, if that happened in the US under UR Mach might've actually gotten a 29-28 decision considering the TD's he landed and how much time he spent on top.

You're right with Hendo/Fedor, I thought it was the beginning of the round, haven't seen it for along time. Anderson wasn't in his prime when he fought those guys, just like Fedor lost his step when he fought Big Foot etc.

Anderson beating Mach is nothing like Fedor beating Lindland. Considering Anderson started out at WW to begin with, and was ranked number one at WW with that win. Fedor fighting HW all of his career ended up fighting a much smaller Matt Lindland, a fight that should never have been made in the first place. A complete mismatch due to size. And if I'm not mistaken, Lindland nearly took Fedor down, had he not grabbed the ropes. Will have to watch it again, another one that I haven't seen in awhile.

Anderson beating up on smaller people for most of his career and a very weak MW div takes his legacy down just a notch.

Fedor fought every one and would beat them at their . anderson didnt want to face hendo again thats why hendo jumped ship.

Silva doesnt want to fight the best. People were calling for him against jones. He refused, that takes away from being the goat imo.

Fedor wouldny of passed up that challenge, no fucking way

Someone new to the sport, or just delusional. Won't be taking my time out to give a proper reply to this one.

You guys and your fn fedor goat obsession. .. when will you guys get the fact that pride was corrupt,fake and the japanese would allow peds....you can bet 100% of pride were on peds for the simple fact that they were allowed to take them.

And my reply just goes unoticed....

GOAT.

No gameplans. Never played it safe. Stood with strikers, grappled with grapplers. The most exciting fighter to grace this sport.

Back