Fedor striking criticism with no bias...and the truth.

Fesaine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is a criticism thread which many of you Fedor fans would get triggered, but it's not my fault that you guys can't handle criticism.
I've trained boxing and some MMA related training for a few years and even I can see the huge striking flaw that for some reason people on Sherdog don't.

here's the gif from his last fight.
OddballPlainCowbird-small.gif

his chin is completely wild open and all his punches are like a windmill . he even almost got himself off balance due to that punch technique.
tumblr_mjxq00VYZQ1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

that punch literally screams "telegraph". it's so telegraph that he almost fell.

117fya1.jpg

do I even to point it out anymore? looping punches and chin is completely wild open.and also little bit off balance.
if you switch arlovski with someone like machida in that situation then fedor would be sleeping on the floor instead of arlovski

and his kicks are even more worse.
212s9c9.gif

no setup, step and kick, telegraph.

The Truth:
The reason why Fedor was so successful in heavyweight is that of how fast he is compared to his opponents. he was able to mask his bad technique with speed.

It’s the power and explosiveness. He throws combos and doesn’t mind taking a shot. He is great at sambo and in mma, you don’t need to have the perfect technique if you can mix it together well with grappling.

Would James Toney beat Fedor?

when you got 20 something first round finishes I think you're doing something right

He doesn't have the cleanest striking but it works...

He ain't competing in boxing or kickboxing...

Also...what happened in those 4 examples you gave?
Those are 2 knockout wins for Fedor + a tko...and CroCop couldn't take him out...while having a full round or more, against him, just standing up

Last edited:
It’s the power and explosiveness. He throws combos and doesn’t mind taking a shot. He is great at sambo and in mma, you don’t need to have the perfect technique if you can mix it together well with grappling.

Would James Toney beat Fedor?
Only at trash talk! Fedor would smash him in a fight. But then Toney would mumble incoherently in the post-fight interview about Fedor being too scared to stand and fight him like a real man and instead taking him down and pounding his face into hamburger helper, like only a true, scared sissy would do!

This is a criticism thread which many of you Fedor fans would get triggered, but it's not my fault that you guys can't handle criticism.
I've trained boxing and some MMA related training for a few years and even I can see the huge striking flaw that for some reason people on Sherdog don't.

his chin is completely wild open and all his punches are like a windmill . he even almost got himself off balance due to that punch technique.

that punch literally screams "telegraph". it's so telegraph that he almost fell.

117fya1.jpg

do I even to point it out anymore? looping punches and chin is completely wild open.and also little bit off balance.
if you switch arlovski with someone like machida in that situation then fedor would be sleeping on the floor instead of arlovski

212s9c9.gif

The Truth:
The reason why Fedor was so successful in heavyweight is that of how fast he is compared to his opponents. he was able to mask his bad technique with speed.

Oh boy… There is a system of fighting called Russian boxing eastern boxing… It is completely off beat and compared to Western boxing almost looks completely novice And non-skilled… When in all reality it is the opposite. There’s a great video on YouTube translating the hidden technique behind these so-called Russian haymakers and wide hook shots...I will give you a hint,,,,the Devastation in his punches are known as the Russian shift… Shift punching is a skill that has been oddly perfected in Russia… There are lots of stand up things out there in the world that does not translate into western boxing skill Or even coming close to resembling it… Nonetheless lots of these eastern techniques are hard to understand as well as put a game plan against them… lots of Mexican boxers ran the show until they came across Russian opponents....bliss....To this day lots of boxers on the international level have big competition problems with this Russian style as well as the Cuban style

Last edited:

117fya1.jpg

212s9c9.gif

The Truth:

The Truth : Fedor's fighting knowledge > your fighting knowledge .

Oh boy… There is a system of fighting called Russian boxing eastern boxing… It is completely off beat and compared to Western boxing almost looks completely novice And non-skilled… When in all reality it is the opposite there is a very intelligent video on YouTube translating the hidden technique behind of these so-called Russian haymakers and wide hook shots...I will give you a hint on a few of these if you ever notice how Fedor Throws a very sloppy looking overhand right… His head is buried into his shoulder kind of dropping his head… This makes him hard to hit as he’s hiding behind this haymaker he throws...Also the Devastation in his punches are known as the Russian shift… Shift punching is a skill that has been oddly perfected in Russia… There are lots of stand up things out there in the world that does not translate into western boxing skill Or even coming close to resembling it… Nonetheless lots of these eastern techniques are hard to understand as well as put a game plan against them…bliss
" there is a very intelligent video on YouTube translating the hidden technique behind of these so-called Russian haymakers and wide hook shots" . Link pls ? I wanna watch .

117fya1.jpg

212s9c9.gif

The Truth:

There are guys that train a A few good years and do really well Fighting local promotions like king of the cage,,, Ring of fire,,,, Bellator,,,, and so on....Those guys are very good those guys are very talented… MOST of those guys are very inexperienced in the whole grand scheme of things… Like they say
“”there are levels to this shit”” A competitor in MMA or boxing on that level will never experience the unorthodox of this type of style… If you step into the level of competition of international boxing and high high end amateur Boxing you’ll find yourself competing against this skill level...The Junior Worlds,,, The Pan Am games,,,, the world games,,,and the Olympics....This is a whole different caliber and talent pull lots of the “”local gym heroesl””” will never see or understand… No offense. The UFC has been around competitively on a good level for 20 yearS and the art of Sambo is still a fucking mystery to some of those guys that are signed,,,,, LOL think about that. Fedor Threw down awkwardness set traps with punches and created a whole constellation of problems Chael Sonen has never witnessed. Some guys could weather through that storm of awkwardness… Lots of guys with conventional experience lose their fucking mind and wonder what was that.

Great fighters, including great boxers, throw looping punches. GTFO of here with your "few years" of training, rookie. If you think his chin is fully exposed in that first gif you don't know shit about fighting.

" there is a very intelligent video on YouTube translating the hidden technique behind of these so-called Russian haymakers and wide hook shots" . Link pls ? I wanna watch .
It is out there I need to look for it… But it basically explains all of the intentions and Strategy behind his apparent lack of technique. In the amateur days of my fight career I had lots of friends that RAN game in the United States only to get to a foreign country and get fucking dismantled like they were the ones that were the amateur 101’s

You've trained boxing and MMA so you must be better than the sport's GOAT. Obviously.

Get out of here with that foolishness.
Perfect technique has a big drawback, punching power. Deontay has shit technique but he is the best (or worst case top 3) heavyweight in the world. That's in your beloved boxing. Why would you try to teach an effective technique out of a guy just because it's not "correct" or what you learned.

Yes his chin is exposed. But he threw 3 punches faster than Chael could counter with one and all 3 of those punches came out of his back pocket. If you can unleash that speed and that power using that technique you use it. Plus unorthodox striking is a lot harder to predict and counter.

Great fighters, including great boxers, throw looping punches. GTFO of here with your "few years" of training, rookie. If you think his chin is fully exposed in that first gif you don't know shit about fighting.
Be nice be nice because I can bring up a lot of shit......and possibly expose that YOU know nothing.....so keep it cool

If it works its a good technique, also blocking just isnt the same as in boxing where you got 2 pillows, you either get out of the way or block, but ask Lawler how that went against Woodley, those tiny gloves wont do shit to protect you.

It is out there I need to look for it… But it basically explains all of the intentions and Strategy behind his apparent lack of technique. In the amateur days of my fight career I had lots of friends that RAN game in the United States only to get to a foreign country and get fucking dismantled like they were the ones that were the amateur 101’s
Well if you come across it again , shoot me a link . I went on YT and searched for "Russian boxing eastern boxing" and "Russian style boxing" , I found a few vids that I haven't watched them yet , they dont look promising . I did read some articles by Jack Slack about Fedor and Igor's striking a few years ago , they were informative but I didnt feel like I was getting the whole picture .

The Truth:

It's in part this. It's also the strategy he applied. Against Cro Cop he forced him backwards and denied him opportunity to kick. He had very good striking strategy - although his form wasn't textbook, in his prime he always knew when and what to throw in response to his opponents.

''I've trained boxing and some MMA related training for a few years ......'' - some random internet guy.

''I didn't see his punches coming, there was no set up '' - Chael

''There is no tell to his punches'' - Mitrione

''I dont know what he hit me with'' - Sylvia

etc etc

Back