Fedor striking criticism with no bias...and the truth.

Yet you are showing all the fights where none of his opponents won and he out struck them all.

Is this sarcasm? I mean, you are right when you say that Fedor relies more on speed rather then perfect technique but the payoff is obvious. Look at those first two gifs again. He gets his "sloppy" punch off first by the difference of seconds. Maybe not worrying about how the punch looks allows him to just wing it when he needs it and obviously that works.
Its not boxing, perfect form doesnt work in mma because of the varied attack levels. A perfect boxing form would leave you subceptible to take downs. A perfect wrestling form would leave you open to punches.
If your criticism is merely that is form is sloppy i guess you are right but i wouldnt call it a weakness.

This is a criticism thread which many of you Fedor fans would get triggered, but it's not my fault that you guys can't handle criticism.
I've trained boxing and some MMA related training for a few years and even I can see the huge striking flaw that for some reason people on Sherdog don't.

here's the gif from his last fight.
OddballPlainCowbird-small.gif

his chin is completely wild open and all his punches are like a windmill . he even almost got himself off balance due to that punch technique.
tumblr_mjxq00VYZQ1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

that punch literally screams "telegraph". it's so telegraph that he almost fell.

117fya1.jpg

do I even to point it out anymore? looping punches and chin is completely wild open.and also little bit off balance.
if you switch arlovski with someone like machida in that situation then fedor would be sleeping on the floor instead of arlovski

and his kicks are even more worse.
212s9c9.gif

no setup, step and kick, telegraph.

The Truth:
The reason why Fedor was so successful in heavyweight is that of how fast he is compared to his opponents. he was able to mask his bad technique with speed.

"if you throw something, throw hard so they have to defend or move away."- Bas rutten (real quote)

"If you throw something, throw hard so they have to defend or move away, and you can initiate a free clinch"- Fedor

cain and khabib reacting to fedors quote

giphy.gif

You started the thread with "This is a criticism thread which many of you Fedor fans would get triggered, but it's not my fault that you guys can't handle criticism."

Well, at least you didn't come across as hostile and defensive from the very first sentence...;)

It's a different sport. Hunt couldn't take out Brock, even though he would've in about 3 seconds if it had been a boxing match.

I'd like to see that.
Tell me what your credentials are tell me your real life experience… Are you a former fighter? What international competition have you faced? What region of the US did you fight out of.... believe me it’s a small world if you were ranked top 10 in any of the weight classes, I would know who you are… Go for it my lil friend....If you didn’t do any of that and you were a punching bag in any big training camps of today’s show fighters tell me who they were…

Last edited:
You started the thread with "This is a criticism thread which many of you Fedor fans would get triggered, but it's not my fault that you guys can't handle criticism."

Well, at least you didn't come across as hostile and defensive from the very first sentence...;)

Well his expectation was correct, this thread conclusively proves that Fedor fanboys can’t handle any criticism of their god.
Even the smallest bit of unbiased commentary is taken as a full out personal attack on Fedor’s character.

Fedor fans will hang you unless you bow down and suck his cock at every opportunity.

I'd like to see that.
Tell me what it’s like to weigh in.... tell me what it’s like to cut weight… What weight classes have you competed in? Who you are is probably just an extensively experienced fight fan That knows nothing about the inside of the game… If you do tell me different

Remember when Khabib had "wild sambo punches that would be easily countered"? Then he knocked down arguably the best boxer in MMA and now he has "effective 'Russian boxing'". Internet analysts are great.

He's transitioning to clinching or a takedown a lot of times after the right hand. It's not straight boxing. Throw right, duck under, look for an opening for another strike or a TD/clinch. It's what made him great, the transition from one to the next while often probing with his head down for the next move.

No bias? LMFAO

TS is obviously biased towards traditional boxing techniques. Fedor's striking style is not rooted in boxing, it's based on a more combat-oriented style developed by the russian military which emphasizes disposing of your opponent as quickly as possible.

His "looping" punches allow him to setup throws and his lack of setups allow him the element of surprise... both of which don't apply to boxing.

Back