Fedor vs Sonnen, who ya got?

No but Rampage hasn’t exactly taken fighting serious in a few years, Fedor isn’t wired to fight like Rampage has been. He’s gonna go head hunting and Chael doesn’t like getting hit.

Maybe he clinches with Fedor and goes for a ride like Mir did but who knows, I don’t have a dog in the fight

I do however think this is the most winnable fight Fedor could get

All Rampage does is head hunt. And Fedor, much like Rampage, is shot.

if maia can toss chael so easily, fedor will rag doll him so the takedown attempts wont win chael the fight, chael has nothing, fedor by KO first 10 seconds

To be fair, everyone thought that's what Rampage would do to Chael.

Reality is certainly different, isn't it? <TheWire1>

Chael is too little, his wrestling won’t matter. He doesn’t have the striking to win standing. But you may be right about Fedor being a shell.

But a shell of Fedor is likely > the best Chael

Many said the same thing before he faced Rampage.....

On paper this is a lot easier fight for Fedor. I could only see Sonnen winning if he fakes a takedown and lands a punch on Fedor's faded chin or catches a guillotine in a scramble. I don't think either will happen but thats the only way I see him winning.

I think its a bad stylistic matchup for Chael

I don't recall Fedor ever being taken down. His Judo and Sambo are world-class. If Chael goes for a double underhook Fedor will sprawl, straighten up, and hip toss Chael.

I love Chael, but he ain't knocking out Fedor and that's been Fedor's kryptonite lately: heavy handed strikers.
Mark Coleman took him down

As decrepit as he now is, I still can't see how Fedor could possibly lose to Sonnen.
He almost got KOd by Maldonado. Chael tagged Anderson Silva with straight shots. Fedor struggled with wrestlers but was always able to submit them. Chael can win by KO or lay and pray if he avoids getting submitted.

I predict that Chael hurts Fedor a bit and submits him with a RNC.

let me sum up the entire fedor fight to you in one gif.
giphy.gif

I know its hard for some of you oldtimers to accept, but chael is going to power double fedor just like he did Wanderlei

I think Wanderlei beats fedor right now honestly.
Woh I love that. The other guy can't do anything about it without opening himself up to a takedown. He just has to eat it. AND if you do it with your rear leg, it sets you up right in position for a natural takedown. most people are orthodox strikers but shoot takedowns from a southpaw position. Chael always had all kinds of underrated stupid tricks like that.

Im sure you thought the same thing when Sonnen fought Shogun. The fact is Sonnen can give Fedor some problems if Fedor isnt well prepared.
I agree. We have to be realistic here , let’s say for some reason (although I doubt it) Chael is able to constantly take fedor down and grind out the decision, I mean IT IS possible. Just not highly.

But thankfully that’s just one scenario, the majority of scenarios favor Fedors strengths.

I agree. We have to be realistic here , let’s say for some reason (although I doubt it) Chael is able to constantly take fedor down and grind out the decision, I mean IT IS possible. Just not highly.

But thankfully that’s just one scenario, the majority of scenarios favor Fedors strengths.

I have Fedor winning this fight I just think it wont be easy and hope he takes it seriously.

I have Fedor winning this fight I just think it wont be easy and hope he takes it seriously.

Oh most def fedor will win, I can see it being by KO again.

Who from his camp do you think can help him with his defensive wrestling? Nemkov and the boys?

If he shows up with a game plan that has an answer and punishment for failed single and double leg td attempts then he’ll be set. Lightning fast Pancake sprawl and brawl like he used to do against many opponents before.

Im sure you thought the same thing when Sonnen fought Shogun. The fact is Sonnen can give Fedor some problems if Fedor isnt well prepared.
No rua had obvious weakness . Tdd then vs wrestler
I picked rua to win but it wasn't a lock

Many said the same thing before he faced Rampage.....

Fedor isnt Rampage.

Even if Chael manages to out wrestle Fedor all it accomplishes is being able to pick where he loses. We are talking about the guy that was submitted by a 42 year old Tito Ortiz..... last year

Fedor isnt Rampage.

Even if Chael manages to out wrestle Fedor all it accomplishes is being able to pick where he loses. We are talking about the guy that was submitted by a 42 year old Tito Ortiz..... last year

Tito would've lost to Rampage("Fatass collecting a paycheck" version).

And besides, Tito tapped and the ref didn't see it.

I think Chael will not fight Fedor for some reason, and Fedor will wind up fighting alternate Roy Nelson, which would be a very exciting prospect for a good fight!

Back