Felt demasculated yesterday

Looks like you're gonna have to beat up a black person to remasculate.

^ lol

Nothing to gain by escalating the situation, unless she likes dudes who get into fights on the street at night.

Don't fuck around, you don't want to end up on The First 48.

There was nothing you could do. He was explosive, and probably would have kicked your ass. The only way to handle this is to, the next time you take her out, find a random Asian guy and beat him up to prove your Demascusness.

what a delicate ego you have TS, maybe man up and get over it.

So what's the right answer? Get into a screaming match and escalate the situation? Get into a fight with a guy that was pissed and who did nothing wrong? My suggestion is to let this one go. A calmer head is the most alpha thing that you can do in this sort of situation. It may not feel like it to you, but everyone else will notice it.

as much as it sucks to swallow your pride, this is exactly right.

the threadstarter was just going out on a date with a new girl. if the girl thinks you're a wuss for not getting into the guy's face, then she's not worth it. a chick that expects you to throw down to defend her honor, isn't mature enough to understand certain situations. now if it was your mother or sister, and something physical took place, that to me is a different story. i had something similar happen where this crazy homeless person almost ran into my sister when we were crossing the street. the guy said, "move bitch" to my sister, and i called the homeless guy a piece of shit. homeless guy started asking me what i wanted to do. my sister said to move on and we just left.

with family, it's different in my mind. depending on how severe the incident is, you sometimes have to escalate things. if it's your mother, sister, or girlfriend, you have to defend them from potential harm.

Sometimes it's a blow to the ego to let things slide, but you did the right, mature thing. Some jerkholes are just looking for any reason to escalate a situation.

I'm 5'5" 130 lb and I would have told him to STFU and piss off.

Of course, to be fair, I also have my CCL and am almost always carrying. Plus, I keep at least one in my car as well.

So, basically, I almost never worry about anyone screwing with me or anyone I'm with.

Damn. Ya'll both got demasculated. There ain't no such thing as remasculation. Just start knitting and taking hormones.

You did the right thing man. The guy probably had mental issues. You are in a good place. You were driving in a car with a good looking chick. That idiot is riding a bike in a shitty part of town.

I'm still cringing about the situation but here's how it went down.

So I started seeing this chick recently and last night we went to a Thai place that's really good in the bad part of town. I convinced her it's worth it since I personally think it's the best Thai food I've had.

Afterwards we leave, (she drove) and while we're leaving the parking lot she didn't look left or right and when she advanced on the sidewalk a man on a bike had to slam his brakes. The guy was going against traffic and on the sidewalk with a bike.

Anyways this athletic explosive male starts calling her a bitch multiples times just ranting for like 30 seconds. I open my door and tell him "we're sorry, she didn't see you". He doesn't acknowledge me and keeps calling her a bitch before pedaling off on his bike.

I'm 6'2, go to the gym and I'm in really good shape, I wrestled all my childhood and I felt pretty beta for not doing anything more. I didn't feel so bad at first but the girl I was seeing was sobbing afterwards lol and that made me feel like a punk. I've been cringing about the situation all night and morning.

You did the right thing. You got out and spoke up. Not everything has to be a physical altercation, there's enough of that shit already. Her crying is just because she's a typical, non-confrontational woman who felt guilty. Everyone makes mistakes buddy. Let it go, you'll feel better.

Demasculated? Never heard of that one. Between that, and the repeated use of "cringe" in the original post, I must say that this post did not start off very well.

In all seriousness, though, walking away is the best option here. Tell your girl that there are idiots in the world, and that ignoring their blather is the best way to deal with them. Anything more, and you let them take too much charge over your own life.

as much as it sucks to swallow your pride, this is exactly right.

the threadstarter was just going out on a date with a new girl. if the girl thinks you're a wuss for not getting into the guy's face, then she's not worth it. a chick that expects you to throw down to defend her honor, isn't mature enough to understand certain situations. now if it was your mother or sister, and something physical took place, that to me is a different story. i had something similar happen where this crazy homeless person almost ran into my sister when we were crossing the street. the guy said, "move bitch" to my sister, and i called the homeless guy a piece of shit. homeless guy started asking me what i wanted to do. my sister said to move on and we just left.

with family, it's different in my mind. depending on how severe the incident is, you sometimes have to escalate things. if it's your mother, sister, or girlfriend, you have to defend them from potential harm.
Great post. It's an entirely different story if the guy attempts to get physical. I don't care if it's a wife, girlfriend, or if I happen to see a woman get accosted by a stranger. Men do not get physical with women unless the woman attacks them in a manner that might yield serious harm (ex. with a weapon). Period, end of discussion. However, this was just words. TS apologized on behalf of both him and the girl, which was the right thing to do. As the man, you can accept responsibility and talk to the guy, man to man. You do what you can to disarm the situation, get everyone moving along, and then move on with your date. Getting into a shouting match, getting out of the car, or attempting to start a physical confrontation only escalates the situation. Escalating the situation is childish and foolhardy, and it projects insecurity and stupidity. The kind of women that are worth dating will see and respect this behavior, and you'll be the hero because you didn't act like an ass.

Next time you need to jump out of the car and start berating her too. That's the only way deattentive drivers will learn. Tough love.

^ lol

Nothing to gain by escalating the situation, unless she likes dudes who get into fights on the street at night.

Don't fuck around, you don't want to end up on The First 48.

No, women are just totally attracted to "men" who let strangers berate them and do nothing about it. This is known....in imagination land.

I'm texting her now TS, we're deciding on what color Ipad to get you. I thought black would be apropos since the assailant was explosive. She thought pink might better suit your burgeoning womanhood. What do you think?

Back