• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Fighters from Chechnya and Dagestan in the UFC and other organisations.

Noxcho

Verified Chechen ✓
@Yellow
Reaction score
How do you feel about fighters from Chechnya and Dagestan? (NOT RUSSIA) Please don't confuse us with Russians. We don't consider ourselves Russian and Russians don't consider us Russian (except for when we win gold medals for them in the olympics, then suddenly we are "russian")

Anyway we have a nice list of fighters in the states, most of them are doing well. Especially when you consider how small our region and how many fighters we produce. To name the most famous:

- Nurmagomedov
- Amagov
- Khabilov
- Khalidov
- Khaliev
- Saidov
- Isaev
- Taisumov
- Zavurov
- Khamanaev
- Gashimov
- Khasbulaev
- Shamhalaev

I could easily name 50 more, but these I think are the most well known.

Taisumov perfectly explains our spirit or mentality, whatever you'd like to call it.

[YT]VgNxTCoKqJI[/YT]

Some highlights.

[YT]vpCocDGr3e0[/YT]

[YT]mMzFjhqgzqs[/YT]

[YT]XDjH1QGORAI[/YT]

you are Russian, as in "a citizen of Russian Federation", are you not?

Watching Khabilov and especially his spinning kick last night, it reminded me of Bazigit Atajev, Dagestani fighter, and the way he did the same thing on Overeem back in 2002:

Very underrated guy with a 16-1 record and multiple spinning kick finishes.

The region definitely produces a bunch of skilled fighters compared to its size, but I still think Armenia is P4P at the top in terms of producing great fighters in relation to the country's size.

you are Russian, as in "a citizen of Russian Federation", are you not?

My Russian passport states that I'm from the republic of Chechnya. Stop trying to tell us who we are, I'm sure we know better than you.

jump on the euro fighter bandwagon!!
1236955944_canue_vs_raft.gif

Watching Khabilov and especially his spinning kick last night, it reminded me of Bazigit Atajev, Dagestani fighter, and the way he did the same thing on Overeem back in 2002:

The region definitely produces a bunch of skilled fighters compared to its size, but I still think Armenia is P4P at the top in terms of producing great fighters in relation to the country's size.

Armenia is larger than Dagestan and Chechnya, while M-1 is dominated by our fighters. Not to say that Armenians aren't talented, but can you give some examples?

Depends on what you mean, Armenia is a small country but there are many ethnic armenians around the world. I'm too lazy to google this but I think there are more ethnic armenians outside of armenia than in armenia. Are you just talking about armenian citizens?

That said I think Armenia is nr1 in wrestling if you count per capita. Even in absolute numbers they perform remarkably well.

Armenia is larger than Dagestan and Chechnya, while M-1 is dominated by our fighters. Not to say that Armenians aren't talented, but can you give some examples?

Well, I should have made a distinction between fighters with Armenian ethnicity and fighters produced by Armenia. I meant fighters who are ethnically Armenia:
Gegard Mousasi
Karo Parisyan
Kenny Florian
Manny Gamburyan
Amar Suloev
Daniel Sarafian
Gokor Chivichyan

And then you have a couple of great kickboxers as well:
Giorgio Petrosyan
Gago Drago
Grigorian brothers

Dagaestan seems to be churning out dudes at a pretty amazing rate these days.

adlan amagov is the first strict muslim i ve ever seen in ufc.

he said bismillāhirraḥmāniraḥīm before the interview with rogan.
he performed sajdah after the fight.
i dont think crowd understand what he did.
i wonder if he will get booed in his future fights

Well, I should have made a distinction between fighters with Armenian ethnicity and fighters produced by Armenia. I meant fighters who are ethnically Armenia:
Gegard Mousasi
Karo Parisyan
Kenny Florian
Manny Gamburyan
Amar Suloev
Daniel Sarafian
Gokor Chivichyan

And then you have a couple of great kickboxers as well:
Giorgio Petrosyan
Gago Drago
Grigorian brothers

LOL at Kenny Florian.. They try to sell him to Latinos based on his Peruvian ancestry...

adlan amagov is the first strict muslim i ve ever seen in ufc.

he said bismillāhirraḥmāniraḥīm before the interview with rogan.
he performed sajdah after the fight.
i dont think crowd understand what he did.
i wonder if he will get booed in his future fights

So is Nurmagomedov bro.

Good thread. People will still argue that the're Russian though.

So is Nurmagomedov bro.

khabib doesnt look like a religious guy. his true love is sambo :D
amagov is probably some kind of fanatic islamist.

i wonder how are their relationship with other fighters in jackson's mma

LOL at Kenny Florian.. They try to sell him to Latinos based on his Peruvian ancestry...

The thing is, he has Armenian ancestry and Peruvian nationality. Another South American example would be the tennis player David Nalbandian - Argentinian national but ethnically Armenian and Italian

khabib doesnt look like a religious guy. his true love is sambo :D
amagov is probably some kind of fanatic islamist.

i wonder how are their relationship with other fighters in jackson's mma

Are you kidding me, you know nothing.

I'm pulling for you guys!! We need more dangerous white fighters, and you guys have what it takes.

Back