• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Fighters from Chechnya and Dagestan in the UFC and other organisations.

Agree, nothing wrong with sovereignty, especially if it is sought to escape tyranny. Of course, I'm no great believer in the necessity of every ethnic group forming its own country. The most successful countries in the world are products of the opposite trend: increasingly heterogeneous populations, not ethnically monolithic ones. The further away we move from a clannish mindset based on superficial ethnic ties the better. I'd focus on securing more individual and economic freedoms rather than the pursuit of some sort of ethnically pure wonderland, especially when lots of violence is the means which you're using to get there.

I agree with that personally. But that too needs to be done "organically" (meaning arising on its own, free from the directions of central-planners or collectivists). When you have collectivists or authority making up borders on their own – despite opposition from inhabitants – that will never lead to a harmonious society. Majority of Chechens will never like Russia because of its imperial transgressions, and the average Russian will never like Chechens because they have been demonized and looked as terrorists.

This is a typical statist fallacy. Furthermore, it fails to take into consideration the vast natural resources in the Caucasus region (including oil), which is why Russia is unable to let the region go in the first place.

And why should Russia let that region go? Is it because group of terrorists wanted to be independent while majority of population wanted to live normal lives within Russia or is it because Russia should tolerate attacks on civilians such as:

Beslan massacre when 186 kids were killed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_hostage_crisis

or maybe this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis

or may be deadly bomb attack on a Moscow airport on January 24, 2011

and others

or perhaps you don't know that Chechnya was independent for 3 years until it invaded Russian republic of Dagestan which triggered Russian Counter-Attack.

khabib doesnt look like a religious guy. his true love is sambo :D
amagov is probably some kind of fanatic islamist.

i wonder how are their relationship with other fighters in jackson's mma

Did I really just read this?

And why should Russia let that region go? Is it because group of terrorists wanted to be independent while majority of population wanted to live normal lives within Russia or is it because Russia should tolerate attacks on civilians such as:

Beslan massacre when 186 kids were killed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_hostage_crisis

or maybe this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis

or may be deadly bomb attack on a Moscow airport on January 24, 2011

and others

or perhaps you don't know that Chechnya was independent for 3 years until it invaded Russian republic of Dagestan which triggered Russian Counter-Attack.

Nobody said Russia should or shouldn't let the region go (thats upto Russia and the North Caucasians to decide for themselves; im a non-interventionist). And thanks for proving my point at the end, the Caucasian Emirate invaded Dagestan "officially" to unite the Muslim regions under a single Islamic Emirate, but in reality it was more to do with gaining access to the Caspian Sea, and with it access to the vast oil reserves.

Nobody said Russia should or shouldn't let the region go (thats upto Russia and the North Caucasians to decide for themselves; im a non-interventionist). And thanks for proving my point at the end, the Caucasian Emirate invaded Dagestan "officially" to unite the Muslim regions under a single Islamic Emirate, but in reality it was more to do with gaining access to the Caspian Sea, and with it access to the vast oil reserves.

Both the Russian Federation and the United States as well United Nations have designated the Caucasus Emirate as a terrorist organisation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasus_Emirate). The point is that by showing any kind of support to that organization or justifying its deeds in any way (such as "officially" to unite or Caspian Sea which Russia has access to even without that region) you are showing support to organization that was designated by the United States as a terrorist organisation.

Both the Russian Federation and the United States as well United Nations have designated the Caucasus Emirate as a terrorist organisation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasus_Emirate). The point is that by showing any kind of support to that organization or justifying its deeds in any way (such as "officially" to unite or Caspian Sea which Russia has access to even without that region) you are showing support to organization that was designated by the United States as a terrorist organisation.

Who doesn't the United States consider "terrorist organizations" anymore?

Oh that's right, anyone not impeding their access to that sweet, sweet oil.

A storm of great talent has came out of Dagestan and into the UFC as of late, and I think Khabib Nurmagomedov will be the Lightweight Champion some day. We should keep our eye on Ali Bagautinov I think he is a contender for the Flyweight tittle. I have a question for the individual who made this thread, what is Dagestan like? I have never been before.

Dagestan is beautiful, great Nature. Also lot of explosions.

And why should Russia let that region go? Is it because group of terrorists wanted to be independent while majority of population wanted to live normal lives within Russia or is it because Russia should tolerate attacks on civilians

Self-determination of nations and their right to be fully independent is only an empty theory and totall abstract for some people as i see...

you know what? you probably wont find a single NORMAL person who would support terrorist acts. If one do support them i think this person is not normal koherent human being and should not be taken under consideration when adults deliberate on any theme.

But then, some westerners (or maybe even citizens of ruling, dominant state) tend to forget that theres ethicity and citizenship.
Ethic Russians are called русские (russkiye), while others are just citizens (administrative, formal concept), as chechens, ukrainians, armenians etc with their own respective names in russian and their own languages.
I see no reason why would anyone flame about it, hate on somebody for stating a fact, or trolling with writing pointless posts just to try and piss off some Chechen or Dagestan lads on this forum. It would ony make sense for me if those would be Russians that wouldnt like the idea of self - determination of other nations making up Russian Federation.
Theres also no problem if the majority of those small nations choosen to live under Russian Federation banner, then its their choice...

P.S. Im not a citizen of Russia, nor im living on its teritory, im not from Caucass or any other place that is currently under control of Russian Federation.

Last edited:
Back