Fighters giving up MMA too early

John Hathaway was like 7-2 in the UFC and was only 27 years old for his last fight. Hasn't fought since 2014.

He finally came out in 2018 and said why he hasn't fought (some sort of autoimmune disease affecting his colon).

One of the rare cases where he wants to fight but a non fighting relating physical setback will probably retire him (usually it's a fighting relating setback )

Always wondered what happened to him I forgot about him for a while though. Good post

dan-hardy-696x392.jpg

But I love him as a commentator & analyst.

Yep! One of my favorite commentators at the moment. I also enjoyed his fights.

Mikey Burnett, he should have been the first Welterweight champ but lost one of the worst decisions in mma history to Pat. After that he only had one other fight which was one with another guy Pat robbed Townsed Saunders. Mikey dominated him, but just disappeared after that.

If Rumble has money then I think he made the right decision.

With Jones around, he's never going to win the belt. His career was probably around that point where he was going to start getting KOd a lot soon.

He got out while he's still physically healthy and has no brain damage.

People love to shit on Ronda here but instead of ditching the mcdojo and learning some real striking she rage quit off to dubya dubya F(ake fighting) instead

I think Rumble's ufc 210 retirement was very premature.
I pray everyday he comes back. Punchers chance against Jones and if he wanted to fight in Heavyweight he easily could contend. Such an awesome guy and so humble in victory & defeat

Jung Bu Kyung, who finished his career with a 0-4 record...
Impressive performance in his rookie fight vs Aoki, almost armbarring him and pulling the upset
(while being clearly undersized)

This.
His knees were blown out.
Shame he spent his prime in Pancrase.
Could have been multiple time UFC champ instead.
Imagine Royce facing Rutten instead of Kimo, Pardoel, DeLucia and other bums.

Different times man, Pancrase was huge at the time, and they had amazing talent then, UFC was no where near what it is today, you couldn't make that choice so easily to jump ship to the UFC in those days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back