Fighters hesitant to exchange....

DOMMA

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It is frustrating watching good fighters freeze up and not let their hands go. Aldana is a good striker but marched forward without throwing counters. She never let her hands go and was completely dominated.

I get it, Nunes was better, but the Aldana froze.

After Tyron, the most frustrating guy was Jared Cannonier. He is almost 40 years old and instead of taking a chance, with likely his only title opportunity ever, he plays the staring game.

After Tyron, the most frustrating guy was Jared Cannonier. He is almost 40 years old and instead of taking a chance, with likely his only title opportunity ever, he plays the staring game.
Ya, I found it puzzling that people blamed Izzy for boring fights against guys like Cannonier. When your title fight might be the last and only opportunity you get, you should be going all out, even if it means getting finished IMO.

Have some sense of urgency.

William Knight
william-knight-ufc-vegas-44-interview-one-of-us-is-getting-knocked-out-cold-1-scaled.jpg

I watched Darren Till freeze for his last 3 consecutive loses...simply would not stand and exchange.

This output is hard to understand. The game plan and execution have to be questioned: walk forward with high guard, get lit up, throw no punches, repeat.
FyUPvUlXsAAiQLA

Just scrap WMMA.

Problem solved.
either this, admit it is not that exciting as thought if you don't have a cyborg type OR consolidate all weight classes into one and just have one WMMA class. would make it more interesting.

Ngannou vs Black Beast was brutally inactive and unbelievably boring. It almost put me off of watching the next UFC event because that one sucked so bad.

Ngannou vs Black Beast was brutally inactive and unbelievably boring. It almost put me off of watching the next UFC event because that one sucked so bad.
One of the most disappointing fights of all time. Seemed like guaranteed violence. Was not.

It is frustrating watching good fighters freeze up and not let their hands go. Aldana is a good striker but marched forward without throwing counters. She never let her hands go and was completely dominated.

I get it, Nunes was better, but the Aldana froze.

Fighting is extremely mental...

Fighters spend way more time preparing the body then they ever do the mind..this is a difference between a fighter ( prize or street) and a martial artist ...its the lost part about learning Martial Arts in the modern age...

Its like you can learn everything you need to and study for months every night for an exam....but you still gotta go in and write the test...some people can ...some people cant...and some have to learn how to .

Aldana clearly needs to learn how to...

Except that most of the worst fights of all time have been men's fights.

Also, welcome to the ignore list!

I clear mine weekly (Thursday) but by the time Sunday comes there is at least 20+ more.

But hey, keeps the front page and a few threads clear of a lot of regurgitations and squirrely narratives!

giphy.gif

Wasn't ready.

IMO, when you see up-n-comers freeze against established names, it's because they aren't ready yet.

Oddly enough, I would have guessed Pena1 wasn't physically ready yet, but she sure as hell was mentally ready.
Aldana may have been physically ready, but def not mentally.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”

- Mike Tyson

The mental game is an important aspect of mma and all the greats have it. You will never see GSP or Jones corner screaming at them to go for it.

Oh man, you said it before I did.
That dude was ravaging people. Then he gets to the title fight and tried to be a finesse striker? Strange and awful performance. The crystals finally got to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back