Fighters that are way stronger than they look

Grey Maynard was very very strong for his size.

I'd say Whittaker. He looks fit but the way he shucked off massive Romero multiple times was amazing

Anderson Silva. Once he got you in that clinch... by god

fallon_fox.jpg

Some say she has the strength of a man
Lol thread

Am I the only person who thinks Oleinik looks very strong?

He doesn't look that strong but it was surprising to me the way he was manhandling DC in the grappling exchanges before he got knocked out, and that was full belly DC. Interestingly enough I remember DC saying that Stipe didn't feel that strong, and that Jones seemed stronger, yet the footage tells a different story

I suspect DC's estimation is heavily influenced by his expectations going into the fights. He'd be much more wary of the natural HW's power than chicken-legged Jones; probably the differential between what he braced himself for and what he actually felt was greater with Jones, and therefore he made the greater impression.

But then, people always sleep on Stipe's strength. They explain away his manhandling of Ngannou by Francis' gassing and his ignorance of wrestling—but look at the footage of the first three minutes of the fight when Francis was still reasonably fresh. Stipe had him up against the cage twice in that time, and the second time he walked him there across almost the width of the Octagon. When Overeem got Francis against the fence, the Predator turned him with contemptuous ease. Yet Francis couldn't turn Stipe.

And because I just can't resist a good opportunity to post this picture yet again:

Gvora.png

Nobody is gonna metion Silva? In his prime that was one of the things everyone said they we're suprised by was how strong he was.

Back