Fighters that do “just enough” to get the win

GSP dominates opponents bell to bell = doing just enough to win........

Lol that's when you know the "fans" who have no clue what they're watching

Like those guys who specifically gameplan to win a 3-2 decision in a title fight against a dominant champion.

<———-

Didn't Reyes just get wrecked in the championship rounds? I doubt he tried to coast because he thought he had the fight in the bag. He just didn't have more in him and Jones is a beast.

We all know them.
-The fighters that know how to win by doing “just enough.”
-The fighters that are described as “good at controlling the fight.”
-The fighters that are described as “risk adverse.”
-The fighters who could probably finish more fights but don’t try to.
-The fighters that make Dana go:
LvvKYRt.gif

I’ll start it off with Leon Edwards. The dude is a winner and amazing fighter but man he can’t finish a fight to save his life.
I’ve never seen this GIF before. Classic. King Dana displeased at the lack of violence for his amusement.

The same dorks acting as if decision victories are a negative, will also attempt to explain away their favorite fighter having multiple losses.

Reminds me of this beauty I saw recently :

"There's more that goes into GOAT than resume. It's his personality, how he fights, how he wins, etc. Part of Fedor's allure is his demeanor, vulnerability and how he fought. He fought fire with fire and never had a boring fight. You'd never see Fedor take someone down and pitter patter someone for a decision like Stipe did to Ngannou. He would have finished him or gotten finished."

I’ve never seen this GIF before. Classic. King Dana displeased at the lack of violence for his amusement.

Isn't that the "I want fighters with killer instincts that won't go for a takedown in the last 30 seconds of a fight" reaction he gave Brendan Loughnane in the Contender Series?

I don't agree with volkanovski, he has more tko's than decisions in his carrer and most of his fights (outside of aldo) even when he din't get the finish he was looking for it. Nobody finishes max by strikes

Isn't that the "I want fighters with killer instincts that won't go for a takedown in the last 30 seconds of a fight" reaction he gave Brendan Loughnane in the Contender Series?
That was my assumption.

Thread title scream Frankie Edgar

Came here to post Leon Edwards haha.

Jones in his last few fights.

Bisping for majority of his career aswell, Leites, Silva, Hendo.

Blaydes can be hot/cold with this. He could have easily finished Willis, and probably Volkov too

Reminds me of this beauty I saw recently :

"There's more that goes into GOAT than resume. It's his personality, how he fights, how he wins, etc. Part of Fedor's allure is his demeanor, vulnerability and how he fought. He fought fire with fire and never had a boring fight. You'd never see Fedor take someone down and pitter patter someone for a decision like Stipe did to Ngannou. He would have finished him or gotten finished."
“His personality...his demeanor, vulnerability” sounds like someone describing endearing traits of their spouse.
Lol
And then there’s Silva fans explaining away his double digit losses as almost a positive for his GOAT argument. Despite not being able to buy a victory, it proves he’s a warrior. Willing to lose again and again, against all comers.

doing just enough to win, while taking the least amount of damage is usually the way to go.

longer career, more wins, and usually more money. Definitely less CTE.

the only downside is that you gotta wipe out the division or go 10-0 before getting a TS if you play it that way.

Max had 10 wins before challenging for the undisputed title. Tony had a longer streak. Both very exciting

Georges st pierre. He basically just went into safety mode for the decade he fought and anytime he felt any adversity dove for the legs and held people down and did absolutely no damage to them.

Jones against most Failed MWs
Anderson Silva against the Maia and Lietes types
GSP most of his title reign
Fedor against Big Nog

This is GOAT hating thread right?
Fedor beat the shit out of Nog wtf

Back