Fighters you like despite their relative lack of success?

The Bangkok Bowl Cut Assassin Diesellek Adodonmuang
BGIJ-vFCIAIn7Vu.jpg

80s Sammo Hung wants his hair back.

These gys have all been succsesful but they should be more well known
Hafid El Boustati
Friki Tijarti

Hafid El Boustati
Friki Tijarti
They belong to the decent number of good fighters that unfortunately have little footage of their career online. Although El Boustati has quite a few of his fights on youtube, including his very respectable performances against elite guys like RvR and Petro.

What do you think about Diender and Alviar Lima?

Last edited:
They belong to the decent number of good fighters that unfortunately have little footage of their career online. Although El Boustati has quite a few of his fights on youtube, including his very respectable performances against elite guys like RvR and Petro.

I have on of Frikis against a Thai guy in Rotterdam on DVD. I may try to upload it onto youtube some time during the week. They both have good younger brothers as well who are also good prospexts.

What do you think about Diender and Alviar Lima?

i used to love watching diender fight like 5-6 years ago. does anyone know what he is up to? i have not heard his name since he fought riste some years back when andy was just coming on the international scene

Faldir Chahbari

fast, smart and blind in one eye

K1 Kozo for sure deserves a mention.

Last edited:
Past-prime Kozo for sure deserves a mention.

He was pretty successful though - at least prior his stint in K1 but by then he had passed his prime. I don't think his lack of success after he aged would qualify because if you count his overall career - pretty successful.

i used to love watching diender fight like 5-6 years ago. does anyone know what he is up to? i have not heard his name since he fought riste some years back when andy was just coming on the international scene
Diender is an intense dude, but he gets boring pretty quick, I love the Dutch style, but his style is truly way too Dutch even for me to enjoy. He literally throws the same combo over and over with the exact same rhythm in most of his fights.

I was always partial to Yasuhiro Kido, Yoshihiro Sato and Takayuki Kohiruimaki, or Taishin, whatever. All solid guys, just didn't have many athletic super abilities/advantages besides being tall. Sato did KO Buakaw though so that's something.

Kyshenko was moderately successful until he left Captain Odessa & joined mikes gym and started trying to fight manhoef style, which didn't fit him well.

Speaking of Manhoef, i would also add him to the list. Always game, but his chin doesn't match his passion for scrapping.

I always want Nagashima to win whenever he fights, but that's mainly because i like to see the looks on his opponents' faces when they lose to a funny looking female cosplay weirdo.

Mohammed Khamal- Not really lack of success, but lack of desire to continue his career, he was good.

I want Albert Kraus to lose forever and ever. lol.

He has no major title I think. But some good wins over elite fighters like f16 and damien.

he beat pakorn in 2013 also but if he fights anywhere but bangkok he fights with no energy. He lost the only 2 big fights he has had in the last 2 years thou

Dewey Cooper
Melvin Manhoef
Mighty Mo
Michael Mcdonald
Stefan Leko
Francois Botha

Hafid El Boustati
Friki Tijarti

Fikri Tijarti during his heydays was a swift and elusive lightweight but he would, even now, not get the exposure he deserved purely on account of his weight. He was seriously injured andit wasnt until later on in his career he fought heavier.

btw El Boustati had the same knee-injury (cruciate ligament).

Back