Fightpass? Mistake or good idea? (poll added)

FwappyEnding

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Topic is pretty self-explanatory. Do many people actually subscribe to the fightpass or does it just create frustrated fans like myself? Just curious if I'm alone here or if there are a lot of people who feel the same way.

Last edited:
Topic is pretty self-explanatory. Do many people actually subscribe to the fightpass or does it just create frustrated fans like myself? Just curious if I'm alone here or if there are a lot of people who feel the same way.

I just bit the bullet and signed up yesterday. A buddy told me to go get a Roku2 box at best Buy and hook it up and I can watch the Fights on my TV now and I really like it.
I know it sucks to have to pay but I wanted to see Big Country knock out Big Nog :D

Six quid a month is peanuts in my view. Fight pass has saved my ass on multiple boring work situations.

Not sure I'd go for it if it went over a tenner though.

And it really does need an overhaul, it isn't really very accessible.

$10 a month for what has been hours of entertainment. I came to the UFC pretty late so had a lot of fights to catch up on. Certain things frustrate me (mainly to do with TV deals in Australia) but all in all it's nice to have.

Whenever I'm feeling lazy I'll chuck on the Lawler v. Diaz fight and immediately want to do something.

I guess it's just that there's a subscription service AND ppv AND cable channels. :rolleyes:

Well you don't have to buy the PPVs. FightPass exclusive fights are only those which Fox Sports didn't budget for/couldn't fit into their schedule, if you don't want to pay for cable Fight Nights usually go up within two weeks (PPVs usually just over 3 months).

I can see the appeal in Fight Pass. Especially fans who have cut their cable and use Netflix style services. $10 a month to watch the non-PPV events with no commercials seems like a great deal.

However, I am personally frustrated with it. I pay for cable. I pay for the PPVs. Now I need a third payment to pay for "fight pass exclusive" events.

To be fair, if I did this third payment, I could drop my cable. However, then that effects other people in my household. SO its not really an option. Its an added expense to keep up with the UFC product.

It would be nice if they just got rid of Fight Pass exclusive events, but I don't think that is possible with their heavy event schedule coupled with their deal with Fox.

Still deciding if I'm signing up. But I actually preferred when it was always on FS/PPV

Shills will come out in full force and disagree, but I'm with you on this one TS.

I guess it's just that there's a subscription service AND ppv AND cable channels. :rolleyes:

and if you want to watch every fight around the world, even events that aren't really for your country, you at least have an option to watch it. I guess I don't see the problem with that.

Shills will come out in full force and disagree, but I'm with you on this one TS.

You are in Sweeden, aren't these events all on one channel for you anyways? What are you even agreeing with???

I pay. But I've literally used it at least once a week to watch old fights when I'm bored. And if re watched fights with it. And I've watch the live events with it. I get my use out of it; I enjoy it.

I do not have the cable sports packages, and even if I did, they do not give me access to the fight library which is the main selling point to me. I enjoy Fight Pass. This makes me a shill? What a petty perspective.

Meh, I've already seen most fights the UFC has ever put on, so paying 10 bucks a month just to have them all again is a waste of money, regardless of how little it is. The only reason I'd ever pay a months worth is to just rip the library, but even that doesnt really entice me much.

You are in Sweeden, aren't these events all on one channel for you anyways? What are you even agreeing with???

It's called Fight Pass EXCLUSIVE for a reason.

And I agree with TS that it's frustrating to need about three different ways to watch fights.

I do not have the cable sports packages, and even if I did, they do not give me access to the fight library which is the main selling point to me. I enjoy Fight Pass. This makes me a shill? What a petty perspective.

No, it just makes you a noob.

It's called Fight Pass EXCLUSIVE for a reason.

And I agree with TS that it's frustrating to need about three different ways to watch fights.

You know, you don't have to watch every fight.

its a mistake man..had a lot of trouble with fight pass. What really blew my mind was when they double the price without any warning........ufc antics man...smh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back