Fights that never could have happened....

giphy.gif

What movie is that from?

I don't get how just because Floyd never fought them they're constantly considered the boogymen that would've been his hardest fights. Both guys were very hittable and had nothing overly impressive in their offense. And both Oscar and Hatton were for sure the better career decisions, and more dangerous fights than either. Both were better opponents. People discount too much Hatton's pedigree coming into their fight.

Maidana is hittable and gave Mayweather problems. People wondering how those two would have done are more than justified in having those thoughts. Who says Boogeyman? Not me. But it would be interesting to see how they would have done. Just because Floyd didn't lose, doesn't mean he can't. And just because people would want to see how it would go doesn't mean they think those two are sure wins.

Maidana is hittable and gave Mayweather problems. People wondering how those two would have done are more than justified in having those thoughts. Who says Boogeyman? Not me. But it would be interesting to see how they would have done. Just because Floyd didn't lose, doesn't mean he can't. And just because people would want to see how it would go doesn't mean they think those two are sure wins.
Fair enough... See guys we need more of this, good concise support for his point.

Last edited:
If time machines are a thing here, (considering someone said hearns vs pbf), I think Loma vs prime Pac at 126 or 130 would be really fun to watch

There isn't much overlap in weight classes where we saw Pacquiao at his best and Loma where he is at now. Pacquiao really turned a corner after that Morales trilogy, and that version of him became a pretty dynamic offensive weapon. He threw from weird angles and still had his punch at those weights (and age). So it's way closer than people think. Lomchenko is a bad man, and he's probably one of - if not the best - fighters in boxing. Pac's boxing IQ is deceptively high and anyone that doesn't see it should look again. It's like criticizing Mayweather for having no punch whatsoever. He has enough of a punch to keep a guy honest.

If they fought now, Pac would get beaten. But it's fun to think about this one.

There isn't much overlap in weight classes where we saw Pacquiao at his best and Loma where he is at now. Pacquiao really turned a corner after that Morales trilogy, and that version of him became a pretty dynamic offensive weapon. He threw from weird angles and still had his punch at those weights (and age). So it's way closer than people think. Lomchenko is a bad man, and he's probably one of - if not the best - fighters in boxing. Pac's boxing IQ is deceptively high and anyone that doesn't see it should look again. It's like criticizing Mayweather for having no punch whatsoever. He has enough of a punch to keep a guy honest.

If they fought now, Pac would get beaten. But it's fun to think about this one.
I agree Pac got more dynamic and better as he went up in weight. 140+ was as dangerous as ever. At 126-130 Loma beats him and badly, way too many tools than what Pac had at that weight.

I agree Pac got more dynamic and better as he went up in weight. 140+ was as dangerous as ever. At 126-130 Loma beats him and badly, way too many tools than what Pac had at that weight.

I favour Lomachenko, too. He is a hard man to bet against these days. Four guys in a row have simply not gotten up off their stool. Pac had that weird power at the lower weights, though. Obviously, that's not enough, but it makes for a scary equalizer. Overall though, Loma is too smart and locked in. The dude has uncanny focus.

That's Danny DeVito in an episode from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Not sure which episode though as that show here in the US has been running since 2005 and is still going strong.

I think it's from Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer which was in the most recent season.

I think it's from Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer which was in the most recent season.

Yeah, I just confirmed it. You're right. He was being interrogated around 8 mins and 20 seconds into the episode when he throws out that "Nope" line. I've only seen the show a handful of times but I have friends that don't ever miss an episode.

Yeah, I just confirmed it. You're right. He was being interrogated around 8 mins and 20 seconds into the episode when he throws out that "Nope" line. I've only seen the show a handful of times but I have friends that don't ever miss an episode.

It's a very good show.

That's Danny DeVito in an episode from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Not sure which episode though as that show here in the US has been running since 2005 and is still going strong.

I saw the first two seasons, liked them a lot, and then for some reason didn't get around to continue watching them. I think I'll have to...

I'm not avid watcher of the show but I've seen it many times, it's really funny. I love the one where they go to a good bar then try to imitate it in their own bar but they're too fucked up and trashy for it to go over well and it turns into a disaster. I gotta watch them again. They have reruns on Vice all the time.

I think this thread originated as an "I hate Hamed" thread and then other ideas and words formed around that.

Carbajal vs Koo-chang
carbajal via mid rounds ko. Jung Koo CHang kicks his ass fro most of the fight dropping crabapple multiple times possibly but ends up walking into some godly punches and gets put to sleep.
I don't see it. Chang had a hell of a chin, and I think he was a much more complete boxer in pretty much every way (except for power obviously). I don't think he'd allow Carbajal to get comfortable, he'd jab and feint while moving around on the outside then quickly transition inside with combinations and rough infighting. His output and pace would basically just drown out Carbajal IMO and his head movement would make Carbajal miss most of his major punches. Not saying it'd be easy, but Chang is too much IMO and I think Carbajal leaves the fight pretty banged up (maybe even a late stoppage for Chang). That said, if Chang was out there partying and drinking soju all night, he'd get sparked, and we all know how Chang had serious discipline issues.

Last edited:
Back